Notices

Weekender 5/29-6/1 - Dealing with summer

Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Non - that sounds like my kind of start to the day!

I was up early and am enjoying the solitude and coffee. Might have to get some bacon.

Ruby, I had a small bag of chips for dinner after the school party, but cookies sound better. They weren't kale or seaweed chips where I could feel righteously healthy. They were barbecue kettle chips.

Weasel - I hope you feel better as the day goes along.

Olive - enjoy your day at the beach with your dog. I will be there in spirit with Charlee. Love the prayer flags.

My neighbor celebrated a birthday yesterday and when I got up at 5, at least a few were still awake and hanging out the garage. That's some party. At least they were quiet.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thank you charleesavedme. I hope so too.

Django... I walk mostly. There is a 3.5 mile track around the water called the back cove. I love the walk because once I start I am committed. Also supposed to be nice. Maybe go to the beach a little today. Sit my arse in the sand for a while.

Off to get the car serviced. I hate sitting and waiting for anything. But I will bring my iPad to stay in touch here.

Ken
Old 05-31-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Candied bacon!

Old 05-31-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
TMaybe go to the beach a little today. Sit my arse in the sand for a while.
Maybe build a little sandcastle while you are there Ken.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

There is a chocolatier in my area that sells chocolate covered bacon. I have never had it but it is a BIG seller.

hope you all have a great Caturday and good weekend....come into the light, appreciate what we have.

Weasey, my dealership has fresh muffins, coffee and donuts! along with good wi fi

I am going out with friends later, they will have a drink or 2 but I will be driving.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I awoke before the alarm. The house is quiet except for the cats who want food even though their dishes are full. Like mini people..wanting something more, better and different.

Like me. Charlee I would have traded my cookies for barbeque kettle chips in a heartbeat. I was craving them yesterday. Yum! In retirement my mother has suddenly become the gramma who always has cookies in the cookie jar.

BigSombrero have a safe trip. The memorial service sounds a lovely tribute to your grandmother.

Mec, what kind of shrubbery are you planting? Reminding me that I should attend to mine but probably won't.

Ken, normal is never a one way street. I saw it more as "normal, this way". Sorry you had to deal with the crazy co worker. They are draining. I think one of my biggest remaining insecurities is that I'll be the crazy co worker.

Tis wedding season apparently. Have fun today Hawk. PK good luck with the details for your sisters.

Turns out my husband gave me incorrect info and the soccer sorting is today, not Sunday. Makes things a little less hectic. I will plant my tomato plants and resume my flower pot project. I have a half hour before having to wake the kids so I will just rest a bit until the onslaught begins.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Grits, congrats on two months!

Fandy, I love "Caturday"! Mine are bugging me for attention. It's all about them.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charleesavedme View Post

My neighbor celebrated a birthday yesterday and when I got up at 5, at least a few were still awake and hanging out the garage. That's some party. At least they were quiet.
Several years ago my nextdoor neighbor had a huge pool party with blaring stereo playing 70s hits all night. At 3 am there were still some die-hards there. "I heard "Oo-ooh Dream weaver" and the neighborhood jackass yelled out "Woo-hoo!"

A woo-hoo to "Dreamweaver?" Isn't that a little too mellow for a "woo-hoo"?
Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Several years ago my nextdoor neighbor had a huge pool party with blaring stereo playing 70s hits all night. At 3 am there were still some die-hards there. "I heard "Oo-ooh Dream weaver" and the neighborhood jackass yelled out "Woo-hoo!"

A woo-hoo to "Dreamweaver?" Isn't that a little too mellow for a "woo-hoo"?
Do you think he was alluding to the fact that the party was disturbing everyone's sleep. I.e. Dreams?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Reflecting on a facebook encounter; someone I knew many moons ago from my using days contacted me. He was the best friend of someone I was living with at the time. Our paths have crossed over the years as his son committed suicide and I had his son briefly as a student, my old boyfriend's kids were also my students. He recently got out of jail for his 7th DUI. Funny how these things happen in sobriety. It makes me think about how long my using/recovery/using/recovery history has been. For today I shall keep it in the recovery-mode
Old 05-31-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Well since the car dealership was over that way I took liberties to stop at Two Lights state park.

It's wonderful to have traded in the stale smell of cigarettes on my clothes for the smells of the water this morning. A trade I my favor I would say!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh well... That upload program turn it upside down. I did not notice it and cannot edit it. LOL
Old 05-31-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

weasel, maybe turn the pic upside down before you load it next time?

Last night went to a beginners meeting, watched Dexter until 1:30, woke up at 7 and played 18 - Home before noon! Seems the whole neighborhood already cut their grass. My turn after lunch. Then hit the garden - maybe a nap is in order too.

Sounds like everyone is doing okay. It is a fantastic day here. Not too hot sunny low humidity - perfect for golf, perfect for just about anything. Like the pics.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

On the way to the beach! Hope everyone is doing well!

( I am assuming we are supposed to put our pictures in all sideways and such
)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-466665115.jpg (26.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hello Weekenders!

Love to read about your day. Heads up, Weekender buttercups

Today is a fabulous street festival nearby. Still feeling poorly from this virus but a little fresh air and sunshine is in order.

Olive - your doggie is SO sweet! Ours could be cousins. My dogger is definitely not as great of a kisser as Nons

Django - sounds like you have had a rough stretch. May your day be bright and please post a pic of any bicycle that you are thinking about. Love bicycles.

Take care all. I'll try to post a pic of my festival day. **Last year I drank with friends. This year I will drink water with friends. All good. Still goofy just a sober goof and especially goofy sober person with gross virus.

And PK - have you gotten a haircut yet? What will you be wearing to the wedding, suit or Tux? Details please.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Magsie

Gorgeous pic weasel, gorgeous doggy, olive. I've got a peanut holder like a ships lantern on my tree and the squirrelly was running around the wire side, clinging on, stopping to eat or collect nuts which he usually buries in the garden only for birds to go take them, bless him. All that working his little socks off for nothing.

A beautiful evening here now, 6.35 pm, just resting in my newly decorated, fully relaxing bedroom. I've now taken to having my shopping grocery delivered as I can't be bothered with shopping, I used to love it, before, but now, being at home, pottering about is much more enjoyable.

Enjoy yourselves where ever you are xx
Old 05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary today. Relaxing in the backyard watching the birds, lots of young ones not too adept at the flying thing yet. Dinner tonight at a wonderful Italian restaurant with great desserts ( a must these days).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-1162491571.jpg (20.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
pray for strength

LOVELY Tiptree! Smiling. Cardinals are so special. And your flowers are beau-tee-full.

Congratulations on your anniversary!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy anniversary Tiptree x

I haven't seen cardinals in our are but we do get goldfinches which are beautiful and colourful.