Notices

Class of November 2011

Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Wow everyone is doing so well, we are AWESOME!!! Fraggy I'm glad your leg prickles finally subsided, I know that's been a problem for you. And it's great that you're keeping your doctor on board, shows real commitment to being healthy on your part.

Told my shrink last night about my getting sober, it was so nice to say something that made him happy for once! He was relieved and said it would be a whole new life for me. I believe him! I feel great!

THAT BEING SAID.....my bf is going away for the long weekend, leaving me to move and be alone for three days straight. He's even taking the dog with him. I would be lying if I didn't say I was nervous about it. Being by myself has always led me to drinking in the past. I mean ALWAYS. But I just have to be strong and keep busy I guess and I'm going to go to an AA meeting finally.

Hope you are all feeling healthy and booze/drug free this morning! Keep it going everybody! We really are worth it.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Glad to see all the new peeps in here! Day 4 for me, feeling great.

I walked into a chemical dependency clinic that my healthcare provider runs yesterday and met with a counseller and they want me to join a rigerous 1 year program. I have until Monday to decide, but just not sure I can commit to the hours necesary to complete this thing while working two jobs.

I think I will make a new post about my options to get some input from those who have been through a program like this.

Everybody hang in there!

OB
Old 11-10-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

just checking in before bed....all is well here, no cravings tho might have tomorrow as its friday!! In particular.....perhaps we should start a weekend thread, its the hardest time, specially if you are all alone and have 'no reason not to'. Once drink o clock arrives we will need all the support we can get!
Outward bound......good luck with that decision. Perhaps its worth serious consideration, I mean how much of your time did your drinking time take up???Good luck x
Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Come on lovinit41! I'm 48 and agree with many of the same reasons. My kids, spouse and mostly me. It would really stink to miss the fun of them growing up and getting to re-live my childhood with them. Actually played wii with them last night. Never would have done that last week as I was using that timeto drink

Hang out here with me, fdm, and A2Z. We'll have fun.
thanks Tigger xx
Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Join Happy

59 days off crack today. I am happy to join. All the good folks who run this website deserve a big thank you and hand.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome DH and Michael
You could do worse than hang out here this weekend InParticular

Glad the pricklys are getting better Fraggy

I don't know anything about those programmes, OB, but personally I would have jumped at it had one been offered to me....

D
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Thanks lovinit! I decided to sit down with my parents, who I am extremely close with, to have a serious conversation about it tomorrow evening.

OB
Old 11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi crew. Wow Thursday already. Day 8 and I now believe that alcohol does in fact impact your memory. I actually remember everyone' name who I met this week. Now I knowwhat you mitght be thinking. "oh she's being funny". (which I am) but I mean this - I actually thought I couldn't remember people's names. The past few years I've been so bad about that. But today I noticed that I remembered 3 people who I was introduced to last Sunday. Crazy.

So here's today's why I'm happy I didn't drink today. " I remembered Erica's name who I've been introduced to 2 other times and couldn't remember her name then - but I do now"

8 days - 9 tomorrow.

Hey Nov post something that's surprised or made you happy today about staying sober
Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Interesting!

The one big thing that has surprised me is how NOT thirsty I am. I used to drink sooo much water during the day and always felt thirsty for water or had drymouth...probably cut my water consumption in half and feel great!

OB
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

You know OB that's true about the water! I remember CONSTANTLY being thirsty, but now, not at all! We must have been so dehydrated all the time, ugh that's awful to think about.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

checking in

I was feeling so great, no cravings, no thoughts of drinking. But then I had take some microsoft skills testing for a job I applied for and boy, after that I just felt so low, like there is no way I'll get this job. Fell right off that pink cloud I had been floating around on all day!!
Am working my way back up on it.
So just as a brief intro... I was in the august, september and october classes before landing here with you all in November. I am curiuos, anyone else doing the try, try, try again thing?
I have been in AA for 6 years, but haven't been able to string any time together, a few weeks here, a month or two there. Its getting old.
Hope everyone is having a sober evening!!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not here at SR alaska but I 'tried tried tried' for years, for sure.

D
Old 11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Hello everyone, I'm a bit nervous as this is my first post although I've been reading and lurking for a while, so this thread seems like a friendly place to dip my toes in the water. Very pleased to meet you all, Meg
Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Meg

D
Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Messed up my first post...posted it twice

Last edited by JustMeg; 11-10-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: double post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Thank you Dee - as I said, I've been reading this forum for a while and I remember reading your story and being very moved by it. I have to stop thinking about sorting myself out and actually do it. How nice that you are the first person to welcome me
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Welcome JustMeg. Nice to have you on board
Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Thank you Berdant I see you're quite new here too. I have felt so alone with all of this for so long and I'm grateful to be made so welcome. It's very late here (in Scotland) or very early depending on how you look at it but I'm going to bed with a less heavy heart tonight
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I start my outpatient treatment tomorrow. This will be my second time. That's good because I'm not nervous; I know what to expect. And I'm also ready to do it right the second time around. I'll probably be tired because I haven't been able to get to sleep much before 1 or 2AM. But maybe this will also help me get my sleep schedule adjusted. Thinking positive thoughts.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes to you FRH

D