Notices

Class of November 2011

Old 11-12-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

I just picked this avatar. I think it shows a beautiful strong being. Head down, pushing through something heavy looming in front of her. That's sort of how this whole recovery feels to me and how I am approaching it. I will be strong and push through it.
Nice Avatar, Tres. We ARE strong. We're here and we are going to beat this thing and holds our heads up high. Wonderful!

It's nice here also, Lovingit... we have to do some volunteer painting at a new church, but after that we need to do a trail or two. We have this metro parks system fall hiking spree thing that we started a month late. Have to get 8 walks in between September and end of November. We have 4 to go so time to get moving - He gets his first hiking stick... I get a shield for mine that I still have from the late 70's!!!

Day 2 for me and very focused. I started here a year ago October... lasted almost 8 months... then a couple here and then a few weeks at a time. Finally landed here again. I'm a firm believer that people are not failures unless they don't get back up.

Have a really good sober day... be good to yourselves - ie. drinking would be being doiong this
Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
AzM

Welcome to all those that joined us!

Day 6 and doing great. I hit a wall on days 4 and 5 that were rough but suddenly the headache is gone, I can sleep, I can eat (a lot as it turns out) and not to be gross but no longer have the sh*ts. I think I'm over the physical hump.

Day 6 is awesome!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Great job at dinner Tres. AzM sounds like you're turning a corner. I felt great on day 9 I have a headache a bit today day10. November is looking good.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Dinner went fine. It was freezing in the restaurant so I drank hot tea. Only one friend asked me in a funny tone..What are you drinking??? (she knows me the best and I am sure was shocked) I said "hot tea...I cant get warm." And that was it..awkward moment gone..no one else noticed or cared. We had a great time catching up. I watched them drink their wine and beers. They only had one or two and stopped. I could never do that.

Feeling super great this morning and a busy day ahead. It will be the Saturday night cravings that will come later today from the addictive voice. I will tell it to shut up.
Hope everyone had a good Friday night,

Lovinit..and all on this thread....Thanks for your encouraging words. The park, woods and market sound great.

Happy Saturday to all!
woo hoo hoo Tres....another hurdle jumped over with flying colours! Im proud of you
Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Great job at dinner Tres. AzM sounds like you're turning a corner. I felt great on day 9 I have a headache a bit today day10. November is looking good.
NO vember is going to be great for us all Tigger. Lets make a pact to keep to our resolve, this time is our time! Im so thankful I found this place, im going to MAKE it work for me x
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

sobriety date 11/11/11

well I am really going to do it this time. my blood pressure is out the roof and I have been seriously depressed. blacked out recently also had a really bad night. thankful I did not kill myself or something else really bad. I am killing myself with my bad habits and I am seriously changing this time.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Welcome Rubycanoe. The Saturday cravings are kicking in. Its a gorgeous day out. Hubby is at the neighbors...prob drinking already. This makes it harder. Our entire social life revolves around etoh. I feel like I have to isolate myself from everyone even my husband. Ugh...feeling blue.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Ruby - I really hope this time can be your time
Whats your plan?

D
Old 11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Welcome Rubycanoe. The Saturday cravings are kicking in. Its a gorgeous day out. Hubby is at the neighbors...prob drinking already. This makes it harder. Our entire social life revolves around etoh. I feel like I have to isolate myself from everyone even my husband. Ugh...feeling blue.
Tres.......just dont do it to yourself, remember how good you felt this morning?? You will be disgusted with yourself in the morning if you do. Were rooting for you hun and here for you no matter what you decide to do this evening......x
Old 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tres

Changing our lives is a wrench - and sometimes it's not easy.
But remember what your drinking life was like....you don't want to go back to that...keep moving forward

Have you got any support outside SR? Any sober friends?

D
Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome R4R

just curious Sarah - why did you buy the wine for your friend?

being polite and thoughtful is one thing, but it sounds almost apologetic to me?

Let ppl buy their own damn poison, I reckon

have a good weekend everyone
D
I guess having spent many years entertaining people with dinner parties etc, it was habit I guess to serve a decent pinot with the meal.. She brought Shloer as a supportive gesture.. I just feel i had better get used to the fact (sooner rather than later) that people will be drinking in front of me during the approaching thankgiving & xmas etc and to make it the norm from the start.. Your views DEE74 ?

On a separate note.. one week today and all good for me.. bit bored with the TV but i'm sober and its saturday night ;-)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just feel i had better get used to the fact (sooner rather than later) that people will be drinking in front of me during the approaching thankgiving & xmas etc and to make it the norm from the start.. Your views DEE74 ?
well by my choice, S, my house is an alcohol free zone and my guests respect that.
I figure if I can't make my home the way I like it, where can I?

If I wasn't that way tho? I'd definitely not be buying wine for my guests - I'd leave that to them.

as for getting used to people drinking around me, I think that's just something that happens...it can be tough the first time or two but it gets easier

D
Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

fair play Despair! One week is fantastic, Im one week tomorrow and im delighted about that. I feel pretty good and lets face it, drinking at the weekend didnt make me more interesting or my life more fun, just made me more bloody sad really, watching films I have no clue whats going on and been a pretty shocking influence on my kids, discussing things and making comments that they didnt need to hear ect ect ect.....I never want to be that sloopy person again! Heres to our second week !
Dee , my partner drinks , he will never stop. He drinks 3 or 4 beers a night. When I gave up smoking 13 yrs ago he continued on and still smokes. He drinks beer which I hate and I think that we didnt drink the same thing will make it easier. When I was giving up smokes and I smoked 30 a day , I desperately wanted to stop, and I succeeded ,now with the booze I desperately want to stop, I believe I can do this whether he drinks around me or not. However, if I could make it an alcohol free zone I would!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

going to bed now to read my book, nite all and thanks to each and every one of you, this forum has me feeling very different and I really feel I can do this!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Well it's 15 days today, yesterday was shaky because of moving and roommate stress, but my logical brain stayed in control. I don't think I'm going to drink, there's too much at stake now. I've really pulled my **** together and it's now or never. It just feels right, totally different from all the other times I've quit.

Told my dad this morning about my drinking problem and that I've quit. He was so happy. He knew(well everyone has known) about it for years. I was pretty nervous to admit it to him but now I'm really glad I did. He even said that he and his wife were going to talk to me about my drinking pretty soon. Thank goodness I beat them to the punch.

Lovin it if you had the strength to quit cigarettes with a smoking partner you have the strength to do this too!

Hope you are all doing well and healthy.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

I probably should have mentioned I live alone LOL

D
Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Novembers!!!!!

Wishing you guys the best!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I made it through the evening. Unloaded a lot of emotion on the hubby about my issues. I cried a lot and got a lot off my chest. He listened and didn't go to store for beer (for himself). We watched Soul Surfer..great movie with our daughter. I felt better..but not sure he does..so happy to be waking up with a clear head...

@dee47: I was laughing today thinking I need new friends..most all my friends drink. I have a young dauhter so I want to be with her and be a good role model. I want to be with my husband..but not when he is drinking. That's all we know how to do together..13 years. We have a lot of changes to make.. sorry so long a post.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

today was day 1
Old 11-12-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome geno

D