# 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Ksquared87
I think plugging yourself back into SR is a good start

D
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Hello Ksquared87 For what it's worth, I tend to judge people not on their mistakes but on how they deal with them - you chose to come here which is a great start. This forum has helped me through several moments of temptation today and I'm glad you're here too. I've started telling myself this when I think a drink will make me feel better: that alcohol is the problem, not the solution. Stay with us and stay strong. We're in it together. Pleased to meet you, Meg
Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Thanks, Dee... hopefully this is the last monthly thread I jump to...

ksquared87... sounds like things are really rough right now. Keeping you in my thoughts. Things do get better... and they will. I know I had an issue with my husband not trusting me for a while - and he's probably wondering how long I'm going to last this time, but he's supportive for the most part. Good support here on SR... you're in the right place.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Checking in day 11 Friday night. Welcome new sr friends. Meeting some old friends for dinner and girls nigt out....I've decided to drive myself and have only dinner. I just don't want to get myself into stressful situation...reading posts here helps my confidence. Thanks all.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good luck Tres, it will all be worth it in the morning.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ksquared87 View Post
Hello everyone, I'd like to join as well. I'm on day 4 right now. I have been trying to get sober for a long time now and have paid some consequences recently. Around February I was an active member on these forums, but I let myself slip and now have been in trouble twice in the last 5 months due to alcohol. Recieved a public intox in May and unfortunately a OWI Monday night... I just met with my lawyer earlier today and then got into an argument with family, so I am so stressed at this moment. Any encouraging words would be extremely helpful...

Thanks everybody
whats an owi?
Im sorry you;ve been having a hard time Ksquared. One things for sure, the longer you remain alcohol free the easier your life will get. Stick with us.....were all in it together x
Old 11-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Its been a week since I drank last. It didn't take long to get back up on the wagon. One morning of coming into work hungover and trying to survive the day was enough.
Happy to report that I think I am on a pink cloud. It comes and goes, but for the most part I am incredibly happy at the moment. Weird, I know.

So one thing I did different this time, I refused to reply to any of the emails my ex sends me.
I hear it's pissing him off, although that is not the reason I am doing it. It's been very healing to me. I have decided that I am not going to let him hide behind emails anymore. If he wants to be mean and nasty to me, he is going to have to pick up the phone and call me. :-)They say resentments are the number one reason we go back out, and I am not going to give him the chance to create one in me
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

r4r, welcome! I think we were both in the august class! Or was that september? Hang in there, we are all in this together.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ksquared87 View Post
Hello everyone, I'd like to join as well. I'm on day 4 right now. I have been trying to get sober for a long time now and have paid some consequences recently. Around February I was an active member on these forums, but I let myself slip and now have been in trouble twice in the last 5 months due to alcohol. Recieved a public intox in May and unfortunately a OWI Monday night... I just met with my lawyer earlier today and then got into an argument with family, so I am so stressed at this moment. Any encouraging words would be extremely helpful...

Thanks everybody
Ksquare, its going to be okay, dont beat yourself up, jail is a normal part of the progression of alcoholism. Without it, you wouldn't be here trying to get sober, right?? You would have kept up with the miserable existance of drinking and trying to maintain control. And of course, we cant control it. Without help, it is too much for us. And that is a fact my friend. (((hugs)))) we are in this together!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Resentments were the number 1 reason I always went back out. That and the amazing amnesia I would develop every 4 months or so. Day7 went great. Got a good job from the boss and I get to go to a baseball tournament this weekend.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your week Bruman

I'd try not to leap too far mentally into the future Ksquared...

like others have said, your best chance for dealing with whatever is coming is to stay sober

you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Alaska! Ummmmmm... probably August and September November is our month, girl!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
lor

i would love to join this thread as well since i see alot of ppl struggling with the same issues as myself. hopefully there will be alot of happy days for all of us in the future
Old 11-11-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread lor

D
Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Sorry for the last post but I am just getting home from a long night at work. LovinIt, a OWI is basically the new way notation that they are using for DUI's, at least that is how it is in Michigan. I was also hit with a new 'Super Drunk Law' that gives out stiffer penalties to drunk drivers with a BAC over .17. Oh well, I guess the past is the past and there is nothing I can do about it but learn from my mistakes. Going to hit up a meeting tomorrow...seems to be helping
Old 11-12-2011, 01:07 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good Morning SRers!!

day five and feeling fabulous!! Lol!
The sun is shining and I have no hangover!! Woo hoo!!
Was going to take kids to cinema but its just too nice outside so think I will take them to this lovely park and walk through the woods . There is a nice market there as well, sure we will see some lovely Christmas crafts and it will be very nice. Hope you lot have some great plans for the day, the trick to success could well be to keep busy, busy , busy!
Despair and Tres......hope your dinner plans went well last night.
K squared, thats it , you cant change the past but you can learn from it for the future, onwards and upwards, we CAN be the people we want to be!!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Hey Alaska! Ummmmmm... probably August and September November is our month, girl!
Yes, I agree, it is our month, !!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:21 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lor View Post
i would love to join this thread as well since i see alot of ppl struggling with the same issues as myself. hopefully there will be alot of happy days for all of us in the future

WELCOME LOR! We keep growing, yeah!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Dinner went fine. It was freezing in the restaurant so I drank hot tea. Only one friend asked me in a funny tone..What are you drinking??? (she knows me the best and I am sure was shocked) I said "hot tea...I cant get warm." And that was it..awkward moment gone..no one else noticed or cared. We had a great time catching up. I watched them drink their wine and beers. They only had one or two and stopped. I could never do that.

Feeling super great this morning and a busy day ahead. It will be the Saturday night cravings that will come later today from the addictive voice. I will tell it to shut up.
Hope everyone had a good Friday night,

Lovinit..and all on this thread....Thanks for your encouraging words. The park, woods and market sound great.

Happy Saturday to all!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I just picked this avatar. I think it shows a beautiful strong being. Head down, pushing through something heavy looming in front of her. That's sort of how this whole recovery feels to me and how I am approaching it. I will be strong and push through it.

Just had to share that..thanks for listening! lol