Notices

Class of November 2011

Old 11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Day 6. A lot like day 5 only I got 8 hours sleep last night. yay..and they rejoiced.....
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Isn't sleep amazing?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Isn't sleep amazing?
YES! I hear ya!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:15 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

day 5 and feeling alive!!

ok.....sorry for the crummy intro, but cant help myself, feeling great!
Outward bound , best of luck to you with your folks. I hope you work it out.
Meg, your on the same time zone as me so perhaps we could be around for each other in the evenings?
And happy friday to you all, im getting to 'know' you little by little and im very happy about that, my new friends
Old 11-11-2011, 02:16 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flamingredhair View Post
I start my outpatient treatment tomorrow. This will be my second time. That's good because I'm not nervous; I know what to expect. And I'm also ready to do it right the second time around. I'll probably be tired because I haven't been able to get to sleep much before 1 or 2AM. But maybe this will also help me get my sleep schedule adjusted. Thinking positive thoughts.

Good luck honey xx
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustMeg View Post
Thank you Dee - as I said, I've been reading this forum for a while and I remember reading your story and being very moved by it. I have to stop thinking about sorting myself out and actually do it. How nice that you are the first person to welcome me
where do I find Dees story??I would so like to read it.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Hi crew. Wow Thursday already. Day 8 and I now believe that alcohol does in fact impact your memory. I actually remember everyone' name who I met this week. Now I knowwhat you mitght be thinking. "oh she's being funny". (which I am) but I mean this - I actually thought I couldn't remember people's names. The past few years I've been so bad about that. But today I noticed that I remembered 3 people who I was introduced to last Sunday. Crazy.

So here's today's why I'm happy I didn't drink today. " I remembered Erica's name who I've been introduced to 2 other times and couldn't remember her name then - but I do now"

8 days - 9 tomorrow.

Hey Nov post something that's surprised or made you happy today about staying sober
I am exactly the same, its mortifying when I cant remember even a face , like a parent from my daughters class. No question alcohol dulls our brains ! Not any more tho , eh??
Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
59 days off crack today. I am happy to join. All the good folks who run this website deserve a big thank you and hand.
59 days.......well done !!! Thats absolutely fabulous, happy for you mate xx
Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Yeah I have been looking for this thread..count me in please!!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bitmap

D
Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Hi, how is everyone today? I'm feeling really nauseous so going to try some toast and see if that helps. Hoping to get through today and tonight (Friday night!) without a drink, and without pills. It helps to have somewhere to come and talk about it, I don't know why but it just does
Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

hi everyone, and welcome to all the new people. Glad to see you all here, this is a great place for support.

Here's looking forward to a sober weekend.
Though I'm a bit concerned about dealing with cravings tonight and tomorrow. I must come up with a plan to be around my friends who will be drinking. I think I will take my fizzy water with me, that should head off any offers of wine. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi bitmap. Cool name.

And Meg I'll join you in the toast so here's to a great weekend. It's going to be great. Just don't drink. I'm not going to I already know that
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Morning all, and welcome new people!

I'm excited for a sober weekend-up early to plant some new fruit trees, then gym, and work this afternoon.

Happy Veteran's day!

OB
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

So here is friday night and the weekend... ( uk) having a pal over for dinner tonight.. bought her one of those tiny bottles of wine for her to have with her meal... I will be pretty envious I guess but we all know where it takes us and I have so much to lose that I need to view it as pure evil rather than the ' rose tinted' view.. it has afterall just destroyed my 12 yr relationship... Staying committed and happy to be here! Hope everyone has a good weekend, stay strong and keep busy and remind yourself WHY you are here.. no kidding ourselves anymore... :c
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Have a great weekend everyone - let's see updated total days sober on Monday. Everyone post Monday morning what their total days without a drink are.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

will do Tigger....have a great weekend.
Good luck Despair! You can do it! No kidding ourselves anymore! Too right.
Outward bound, im planning on keeping busy too.
Going to pics with kids to see Auther christmas, I know, its a bit early but its in the cinemas now!! Then home to watch x factor, kids love it. Will order pizza and chill out. Then on sunday ive invited 4 of my 6 yr old daughters friends over for the afternoon, must be mad but one things for sure, I will be busy! Ive volunteered to take my mum to 10 am mass as well sunday morning so no hangover for me-no problem! Lol!
Have a fabulous hangover free weekend guys and I will be logging on and reading every chance I get xx
Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hi Everyone.... count me in also. Day 1.... again and for good this time, by golly
Old 11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome R4R

just curious Sarah - why did you buy the wine for your friend?

being polite and thoughtful is one thing, but it sounds almost apologetic to me?

Let ppl buy their own damn poison, I reckon

have a good weekend everyone
D
Old 11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I'd like to join as well. I'm on day 4 right now. I have been trying to get sober for a long time now and have paid some consequences recently. Around February I was an active member on these forums, but I let myself slip and now have been in trouble twice in the last 5 months due to alcohol. Recieved a public intox in May and unfortunately a OWI Monday night... I just met with my lawyer earlier today and then got into an argument with family, so I am so stressed at this moment. Any encouraging words would be extremely helpful...

Thanks everybody