Class of November 2011

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome lambykitten

D
Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 4 and still going strong. Football Sundays were a perfect excuse to drink. Went to In Laws today for an early Thanksgiving so I wasnt even tested today. My daughter has a basketball game Monday, and I have a meeting at church Tuesday. Wed night AA meeting and Thanksgiving with family Thursday. I should have it pretty easy until Friday.

The day after Thanksgiving was always a big drinking night for me. I foresee this Friday being my first test. I will not drink, but it will be the first time I start missing it.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Lambykitten... welcome to the class
Old 11-20-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Welcome LambKitten!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Masterdeal- You can do it! Welcome.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Back home from my business trip and family wedding. First time I didn't have two or three or ten wines on the flight home. I didn't have a single drop of alcohol at the wedding either! Tomorrow is Day 7 for me. Surprisingly I feel like I had more strength away from home rather than home! Drinking alone was my thing so now that I am home alone for a few days I think I will have a tough time. But going to do what I did on the road and that's just do something else till the cravings pass. Welcome to the newcomers to the November class- its a great group of people who are tremendously supportive.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I was a lone drinker myself Marine. Now I just occupy my time with stuff I like doing. Like today. Went to the Niners game and just chillaxed. I even noticed a guy that's been going for years to the game. Last time I saw him he could barely stand. He had a diet coke in his hand today. I smiled internally. Got home and took a hot bath. It was cold out there today. Got into sweatpants and comfy clothes. Now just writing and watching the late night game before bed. Ready for a long winters nap. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I have a biopsy to see if this thing is cancer. My bf is too busy at work to be with me..he says his work is too important. I called my brother, he said he is too busy. I have no one. I hate my life. I hope its cancer and I am taken out of this world..........
Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you haven;t got much real life support.

You do have a lot of people here who will be thinking of you though alaska.
Try not to worry or catastrophise

My wife went through something similar and it was nothing - I hope you'll find the same.

We got your back

D
Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

You have everyone here pulling for you Alaska.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
Tomorrow I have a biopsy to see if this thing is cancer. My bf is too busy at work to be with me..he says his work is too important. I called my brother, he said he is too busy. I have no one. I hate my life. I hope its cancer and I am taken out of this world..........
Here is hoping that it is not cancer and that you find a new BF. Life would really turn around for you. Pulling for you.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Alaska you'll get through it hang in there. Be strong.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi Alaska. I will keep you in my prayers for tomorrow and good results. Please come here and vent. Hopefully its nothing like before.

Welcome lambykitten and masterdeal. You will find great support here. ..
Today I drove 4 hours with my 23 yo niece. We talked about life a lot. I tole her about my drinking and quitting. She was so supportive. She is the only member of my immediate fam that I have told except hubby. Spoke to hubby tonight who sounded half lit. Guess he is getting his drink on since the wife is away. Not much I can do about that.

Grateful to be with my mom and family this next week. No cravings today. Day 20 today. I do much better when not at home.

Let's keep up the good work here and stay strong.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Ok guys,well i managed to get through day 1 without drinking,God knows how as i was very hungover and felt like crap all day.....So onto Day 2 today and i feel pretty good so far....I was up early with the dog,then took kids to school and now im eating breakfast...Im not gonna drink today....
Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Alaska, think of you xx

Had an ok weekend but ate endless amounts of crap , ordered indian food fri and sat and feel bloated!!I do not want to substitute booze for crap food so want to start walking and healthy eating today. No thanksgiving over this side of the world, just a normal week , prob just as well. I imagine thats as big a temptation as christmas but we will not be tempted, will we?? Lol!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Ok guys,well i managed to get through day 1 without drinking,God knows how as i was very hungover and felt like crap all day.....So onto Day 2 today and i feel pretty good so far....I was up early with the dog,then took kids to school and now im eating breakfast...Im not gonna drink today....

day 2 for me also m8! best of luck! not feeling so great about it today but im gonna stick with it! it's usually the first week or so for me.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys - and we move to the Daily Support Forum with part 2

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-2-a.html

D