Notices

Class of November 2011

Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all, Nov 1,2011, I quit taking pain pills forever. Feeling better and feel exactly as tigger says, good mornings rougher in the evenings. Stay strong.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I do intend to post often, thanks. I have my outpatient assessment today at 1:00. Will let you all know how that goes.

This feels like a good place.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

This is a great place, good luck red.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Fdm

Last night was the first night in months without alcohol.

I slept fine, feel more productive, and ready to go!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
AzM

Welcome to everyone that has joined us!

Day three and feeling foggy but better, much better actually. Going to keep doing the AA meetings they are working for me. I time the meetings to interfere with my big craving time in the evening.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good for you Fdm, one day at a time.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

My outpatient assessment went well. I start a 20 day treatment program on Friday. I'll be going M-F from 9-3 and I'll have you guys in the evenings. Today is day 7 and since I don't plan to drink lets just say that I now have one week under my belt!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

oh hello, say 3 here and feeling great, feeling even better about finding this place. Hello to you all and hope to get to make friends with you all xx
Old 11-09-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

ive so many reasons for wanting to give up the booze but here are the main ones...
1) example to my kids, specially the girls. I want to be a great example, not a ****(ed) poor one who reinforces that a good time cant be had without booze!
2) health....its a worry, how is my liver??
3) my purse....its empty alot due to stoopid inebriated daft purchases and from purchasing the stuff itself
4) my studies...I know I could achieve better grades if my head was clearer.
5) spending my weekends better, I mean to say, most of my weekends evolve around booze and and I always feel its like 'loosing my legs'! One I start im in for the night and the next morning....well I sure anit gonna nowhere then!

Anyhow, just a few of my reasons to come here and get the support I need to quit for good!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Come on lovinit41! I'm 48 and agree with many of the same reasons. My kids, spouse and mostly me. It would really stink to miss the fun of them growing up and getting to re-live my childhood with them. Actually played wii with them last night. Never would have done that last week as I was using that timeto drink

Hang out here with me, fdm, and A2Z. We'll have fun.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks Tigger, I will do! Im ecstatic I have found this place xx
Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Checking In

Hi fellow fellow November classmates! I can't keep up with all the posts, but it's good to have you all onboard!
Day 5. I just watched a close friend with 14 months sober relapse and her relapse lasted three days. On day 3 she ended up in jail with a felony DUI. Heartbreaking. This thing that we struggle with is soooooooooooooooo evil!!! Time to step my program up a notch.
I did have 30 days last week, before the slip. I had 21 days before that. So I am moving in the right direction.
Enjoy another sober day!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi November group. Day 9 for me. Doing ok. Feels so awesome to wake up with a clear head and know I can face work without dragging my butt. My anxiety starts on my drive home and continues through the evening. I am agitated and crabby and want to drink. I choose not to, but I don't think my hubby likes my crabbiness. Before I would start drinking and be happy as a clam. Now I sometimes want to be by myself and not talk to anyone..in the evening. Once bedtime comes the anxiety is gone. I guess its the craving for the booze that I have to get through. When does this feeling start to subside?

I love this site and try to jump on every day and read. Sometimes don't have time to post, but just reading and belonging to a group all wanting the same thing is so comforting.

I did go to a yoga class last night when my craving was really bad..it helped quite a bit to slow down and focus. I slept really well too. sorry for the long post.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

My cravings come in the evening too. Last night I had an hour and a half window between when my husband left for work and my daughter came home when I could have easily gone to the store for a bottle. Somehow, I beat it. But evenings are the worst, especially if I don't have anything with which to occupy myself. The cravings tend to dissipate a bit the later it gets.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Ok, my daily update. Day 5. Went to work. Still a little foggy but made it through. I've slept 8 hours in those five days. Mind keeps racing but no desire to drink right now. I turn on the tv and close my eyes and listen to the voices. I have figured out that my mind can't race when I'm listening to something else. If my mind doesn't race then it can't get to the thought of drinking. Weird huh? It's the tools you have to find that work for you. Hopefully sleep will come tonight and my "Foghead" will clear up. Wish everyone a peaceful night.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 4 and ready to roooar!

Hello all, feeling good here! I see alot of us have trouble in the evenings, that makes sense, after all its our down time, time to chillax , but unfortunaltly those cravings are going to come and I feel we need to ride them out in waves, surf those beasts! And when we succeed arent we so darn happy we did? There has never been a day in my life where ive woken up kicking myself for NOT drinking, we can do this!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi again November Class! Just checking in.. Hope you are all doing well.. day five for me.. staying off caffeine is helping enormously.. no cravings, I keep visiting back and reading.. Thankyou to everyone on SR who dedicate their time to support us folk, this site is such a help, thankyou! Come on people we can do this!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Always, Never & Forever

I'll jump in the boat too. Nov. 5th was my first day of my third-ish attempt at sobriety lately...so I have 5 days in now trying to battle physical, mental, emotional issues as they come.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

things are getting better. A day without prickly pains. I fell a sleep at around 10:30 and woke up when the alarm went off at 6:30, and didn't feel like lazing around for an hour. I was falling asleep at around 1:30 and getting up at about 8:30. I was listening to Coast to Coast AM, on and off during the night. The bad news is that my feet still hurt, but not as bad. Talked to Dr. on phone, says he thinks I hay have had something going on with my feet, but the pain was masked by alcohol..... He thinks I need to come in again to test and look things over.

Feeling more awake and alert than I ever have.... 18 days.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yes we can do it, lovinit.
Day 11 completed yesterday for me. My struggle is in the evenings as with most of us , especially since my husband works long hours and comes home late most days. My kids are older than yours, I'm sure. My youngest is 15, but she keeps very busy with school work and school activities. What really helps me is coming on this site and reading the posts. It just gives me strength and hope.
We can do it. Good luck and hang with us here. You'll do great.