Notices

Class of December 09

Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It appears as if we have a decent group going. This is good...

Welcome Redfish and gymliz.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm in if you'll have me!?!?

I'm originally part of the Class of Jan. 2009, was on and off the wagon in january, then had a good sober stretch in Feb. and march, but since, I'm back to my drinking ways.

My situation is very similar to gymliz(married/kids/no DUI, ect). I believe I'm doing serious harm internally - I'm sure the Dr. would just say, "quit drinking". So I just need to do this.

Thanks for starting this thread "Least".
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

ello ello, this looks like a nice place to reside. sober 2 weeks today
on track and much happier for it. will write more soon gotta go enjoy what remains of the day.
peas
nd
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Searching for Sunshine

Hi Jackstone...noticed you are from NC...my family is relocating to Charlotte in March. Miss it down there.

And I have had doctors say EXACTLY that to me...."Well just quit drinking!" I've said it to myself as well. Only it never happens.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

ExNavy... thanks for dropping in. Nice to see it does work long-term. Okay, a year is insanely long term for me, I admit it.

Welcome, DecBaby, eureka, Redfish, Jackstone, gymliz... I'm a veteran of previous classes, too, I'm ashamed to say.

Hi ND!! Congrats on the 2 weeks.

eureka, you're a better person than me. I'm going through finals too... fell right before though and--

Well, I mostly just came in here to announce my arrival, lol. I need something to hold myself to...

See y'all Friday (US time).
Take care of y'all selves in the meantime.
TB.

PS. gymliz, I can relate... I'm stranded too.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck TB see you Saturday (Aus)

D
Old 12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hi everyone! It is nice to see you here.

Busy weekend followed by another busy week.

I have a meeting with my therapist tomorrow. She is a gentle, wise woman and I am looking forward to seeing what assignments I'll have for the week.

Sleep well.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day 8 for me and fighting bad depression and anxiety. I should be feeling better by now but the depression/anxiety is eroding any good feelings I could have. At least I'm not drinking...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
On my path.

Least - good morning. My therapist thinks that I am suffering from depression. She told me that she really doesn't think that I am an alcoholic, just a 'situationally induced abuser'. She told me that depressed people who drink give themselves a double whammy due to the changes in brain chemistry caused by both depression and drinking. That alone has stopped me from drinking. I do feel better. I am so sorry that you do not. I hope peace will be yours.

I enjoy reading your posts, they are filled with a humble wisedom that is refreshing.

Yours in depression.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you! I sure don't feel 'wise', especially not lately... But thank you anyway. It helps.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Searching for Sunshine

Least...hang in there! You can do this!!!!

I am struggling a bit today as well...and for me it's only day 2. What is setting me off is my usband has a friend coming to town this weekend to see us...and we never have company. Normally that would involve margaritas. My mouth started watering just saying that.
Damn.
How to get through this weekend. I am obsessed with the thoughts of the weekend right now. My alcoholic brain is using that as an "excuse" to drink this week and try again next week. I am aware that next week will just bring another excuse.

Sigh.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

gymliz,
This past January I decided it was time to try and get sober - this was the first time I had really tried - ever (I'm 49, been drinking 35 years - heavy drinking 2-3 years). In January I would go 2 days and then fall, 4 days and fall for 2..... At the end of January, I had 14 days when I did not have a drink - for me that was great - that had not happened in years. In February and march I had a string of 35 days w/o drinking. I found January to be helpful (baby steps) , that led to a month+ of sobriety. I'm going to take baby steps thru the holidays, and start 2010 ready to set new sobriety records. Just my thoughts!

Thru day 1 (it was tough!!!!), on to day 2.

Hang in there, Least! I'm thinking of you.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
On my path.

Welcome Jackstone and Gymliz,

This has been a great place to hang! Friendly supportive folks here.

See you later,

I went to my therapist today and she taught me how to breath. Apparently I had been doing it all wrong. Add it to the pile of ooopsydaisies.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Starting day nine here and starting to feel a lot better. THe anxiety is mostly gone and that helps. Very determined to stay sober. I've made a list of all the reasons NOT to drink. I've put it on the wall behind my desk so I'll always see it.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
On my path.

Good morning Least,

I am so glad that you are feeling a little better this morning! The list sounds like a great idea.

I am off to Bible Study, we always have interesting discussions, I love that.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

16 days today...and feeling strong
of to an AA meeting at lunchtime, i dont like going but they are working at the moment so im gonna suck it up and ride with it. my sobreity is that important to me. unfortunatley i suffer from a chronic pain illness so nightimes & mornings suck for me, not the refreshing start to the day i would really like. but i am determined to also beat this pain thing.

hope you all have a great sober day...go do something fun! and dont let the monkey on ya back takeover the controls, just kick him off

nd
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Very new here and only two days in, but in just the same Feeling good that I've found this place, this is the first time I've engaged myself in any group whose goal is sobriety. Hopefully I'll have more to offer in a few days once I'm a little more clear-headed. Today was good, and it's amazing how much cleaner my house already is; but tonight I'm feeling it more. Good thoughts and good energy to you all.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome and (((hugs))) to our new members!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hi everyone,

All is well here. Great day. Good day to you.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...may I join too?....day 3 today and so far it hasn't been the hell I thought it was going to be. Night times are the worst for me though so I won't say too much too soon.

I have 3 large dogs I live with and are my life.....cuddles and slobber everyday are much needed and fill my soul daily with love.

Hope you are all managing to get the support you need to help you today.

Much love and healing vibes to you all