On my path.

Good morning all,

Somethingbetter, how was dinner?

Least, wonderful!

Today I can, today I can.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey 55438 and crew
Hope you're heading into a peaceful and controlled weekend. I went out to a gig tonight and my friend hit the bar as soon as we arrived. He ordered his beer and I told him I just wanted water with ice. No pressure from him then or later. Totally loved the band (The Soulsavers) especially their final song "I want to see a revival tonight". Just fitted my mood. The revival has begun. Not sure what the singer meant by the idea, but I sure know what it means to me. Eight days sober now. Friend's wedding tomorrow but I don't think it will be a boozy one. If it is, I'll just quit the reception and go home early. My girlfriend knows I'm fighting the bottle and she's proud of me, so she'll be happy to bail out early.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
On my path.

Hi Redlion,

Great post! A friend of mine would call the 'revival' coincidence a 'God Bothering'. A reminder that you are not alone in this. It sounds like you are surrounded by supportive, understanding folks.

See you later,

Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

I'm trying again.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

TB (((hugs)))
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Day 7 for me but very hard with attacks of "drinking thinking"

Dont want to ruin my health and life for the sake of a drink of liquid poison!

Hoping everyone is hanging in there, does anyone feel overpowered by thoughts that "just a couple wont hurt"?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Have to remember that alcoholism is a brain condition.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome all y'all, especially those with time who thought to stop by and say hi.

I'm sorry, I was in a lot of pain earlier and wasn't very polite.

I'm about a half a day sober now... I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, but I'm here now. And getting back to feeling a little better, a lot less panicky about the thought of giving up alcohol. I mean, how could I possibly live without it, right? Even though I had been doing just that before I relapsed... living without alcohol I mean.

Take care everybody, hope you have a good weekend.
TB
Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 55438;245710-0
Good morning all,

Somethingbetter, how was dinner?

Least, wonderful!

Today I can, today I can.

Dinner was great, thanks for asking, I only had hot dogs that night (dont laugh ) but it was great to eat with my family, somthing I have skipped so many times in the past. last night had dinner with my oldest daughter, hot wings without beer wow it is possible!!

Today is day 7!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fragrantrose View Post
Day 7 for me but very hard with attacks of "drinking thinking"

Dont want to ruin my health and life for the sake of a drink of liquid poison!

Hoping everyone is hanging in there, does anyone feel overpowered by thoughts that "just a couple wont hurt"?
Yes Rose, especialy when I see others drinking, or passing the wall of beer at the grocery store or tv commercials, its everywhere, just got to keep on gaurd.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day five for me and feeling more human every day. Determined to make it right this time. No cravings, but a lot of shame and remorse over my latest downfall. I don't want to be a loser for life so I'd better get it right this time.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. I'm in for December 2009. I'm feeling okay today. It's amazing how much I can get done -- work, laundry, calling friends, bike ride etc. -- when I'm not drinking.

I had the bad night sweats last night. Definitely have the drinking urges. But physically i am feeling pretty good. Going to an AA meeting tonight, and then bowling with sober friends afterwards.

Keep going everyone! You're a real inspiration to me and to many others.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I've been reading a bit. I guess I will join in with this class. Recently I have said that enough is enough. My life is a mess and my husband is in rehab right now. I might as well commit to not abusing meds too this month. I think with him being clean and having a place I can share my experiences without feeling judged is just what I need.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Welcome everyone! (((hugs))) to all our new classmates! Together we can do this. We're stronger together. Glad to see us all joining forces to live a clean and sober life.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

How's everyone doing today? I'm having a bout of anxiety but no thoughts of medicating it with alcohol. Hope everyone is doing alright.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-13-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Class of December 2008 here ... I wanted to throw my support your way too.

It's hard to believe it was a year ago this month.

In 30 years of attempting sobriety, I have only made to a year a few times. I've never made it 13 months. I'm determined this time and have little holding me back.

It can be done Class of December 09.

I was advising some friends of mine on how I got there this time and I told them:

I got celibate, I stopped drinking, I went to therapy, I increased my fitness routine, I dropped negative people from my life, I took a break from some good to excellent friendships, and I stopped running from myself.
Change whatever you have been doing in the past in some way. Make some positive modification to your routine of not drinking.

I'm even thinking of going to AA Meetings.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to find a way to live happily in this world without getting drunk or high.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Was part of the November group, but I do not belong there anymore I suppose. I am 7 days clean.

DOC = ice and H

I am irritable. It is finals week at my college. It is difficult for me to get to my classes because I am skin and bones and walking far makes me tired. This is the first day I haven't thought I was going to die.

Love you all and hope we can make it through this month together.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Eureka to the class of December. Glad you joined us. By ourselves it is difficult but together we are stronger.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Searching for Sunshine

I was around a month or so ago...made it about 6 days. Pitiful effort, huh. Anyway...this would be day 1 for me. I get really irritated when I realize how many times I have said this.

I make excuses such as:
- "I actually have a pretty good life so whats the big deal".
- "What harm could a couple do"
- "If it relaxes me, what's the harm...better than being pissed off"
- "I only drink in the evenings"

Essentially, I realize that even though I have managed to stay out of jail, never lose a job, stay married for 12 years (so far), have 3 beautiful kids and be a pretty good mom, and live through some fairly stressfull times...the following is also true:

- when I drink I am less productive and tired the next day.
- I rarely quit until I go to sleep or run out.
- I have probably done damage to my health that I am not even yet aware of.
- I am trying to be a better athlete (running triathlons) and wth? pretty obvious how the booze don't help that.
- Need to lose about 15 pounds to run faster....duh

Anyway...welcome to day 1...again. Never made it past day 6. Besides when pregnant. Maybe this time I can.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

As a class of November 09, I find myself in the class of Dec 09'. I'm in!!!! Took my last drink (drinks) last night.