Notices

What's for dinner???

Old 11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Meatballs. I know it's low class or something,
who cares......if it nice its nice.

ive never had meat balls....meat in a ball with sauce right?.........gee im clever.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
EEEwwww Sikki.......just eeeewww. K, so I found a picture......tell me what those little seed looking things are.....like lymph nodes or something??? LOL...:wtf2

lmao
vc......you got me rolling round my kitchen.....lol....lol......lol...

those "bits" are probably the pigs...........bits.....lol

my dad used to say......."it will put hairs on your chest lad"...RMAO.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm making this ...

take a bag of fresh spinach and add fresh diced tomato. toss in a balsamac vinaigrette dressing (i use newman's) and leave out while you make chops so it starts getting to room temp.

take thin cut boneless pork chops, wrap them in wax paper, and pound them with a mallot to tenderize and get to about 1/4 inch thick (you can use a meat tenderizer if you have one, but i like the mallot..)

salt pepper and onion garlic powder chops and then rub with olive oil. coat oiled chops in italian seasoned bread crumbs. then pan fry in about a teaspoon or so of addtl olive oil.

put spinach salad on serving plates and place the warm p chops on top to wilt salad. serve with garlic bread.

my husband LOVES this meal. it takes about 20 minutes to make. and you can use cheap pork chops, since you're gonna pound them anyway
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by trucker View Post
my dad used to say......."it will put hairs on your chest lad"...
Used to tell me that too... and I'm a woman... :O
Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

OK, I'm not really making this right now... let's call it a dream post... but this is good. It is what I'm thinking about.

Take every vegetable they sell in the grocery store except for carrots (don't ask) and chop it up into pieces. Little pieces... now throw it all into a bowl. That's your salad.

Salad dressing, well, take a few dollops of mayonaise, some paprika and an avocado.... makes a nice salad dressing.

Mmmm.

TB, hungry now that she's quit drinking
Old 11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Those little white pieces could even be bone? Im not sure but I like them lol I like meatballs too TB, the chicken ones. I was busy today so had to have fish & chips, great British classic
Old 11-14-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

pieces of asphalt ground into circles...?
OMG.......I could not stop laughing at this one TB.........funny stuff! Sometimes the stuff that comes out of your mouth.......priceless....lol. Still chuckling.

ParentR, that sounds like a very good recipe and easy enough to fix, I will print it out and try it...thanks!!

Those little white pieces could even be bone? Im not sure but I like them lol
still eeeewwww Sikki.....especially now that I have seen it.....lol. Plasma pockets and all........eeeewww.

Think I will make a big pot of chicken and rice soup today....it's cold out and it sounds good. TB, ya coming over?
Old 11-14-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Right here on the porch... y'all do have a porch?

Brought a bottle of sparkly water.

"Plasma pockets..." this should not be words describing food. Seriously y'all.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Rockstar

We aren't big on porches here in Wales TB but I have a patio and pond. Jeez this thread makes me hungry
Old 11-14-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Patio and a pond... that'll work. Yeah, this thread is causing me to be hungry.

Okay, truth is, I'm probably hungry just 'cause I am hungry, but I feel compelled to blame something.

My words and my actions don't always meet when it comes to blame... I am a strange one.

How about lasagna? Lasagna's good...
Old 11-14-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Once I have cleaned the house I am going to make a vegetable curry - something hot and spicy! Keeps the cravings away and is delicious.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Lasagne? I love it. Pretty much can't fault Italian dishes, or French. I even like frog's legs. Jeez everyone here will think i'll eat anything LMAO
Old 11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I pretty much *will* eat anything. Although I usually go for stuff I think is tasty...

I'm big on tasty. It's the underlying common thread of my diet...

Curry keeps away cravings? Hmmm, I'll be checking that out for sure.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
EEEwwww Sikki.......just eeeewww. K, so I found a picture......tell me what those little seed looking things are.....like lymph nodes or something??? LOL...:wtf2
Googled a recipe for black pudding. I'll bet those seed looking things are cooked barley. Not so bad. I love to try new things. We took a 2 week vacation to Wales a few years ago. Stayed in a small town (? burg) near Carmarthen. Did lots of driving around -- beautiful country Sikkisirus! Loved it - particularly enchanted by the castles. We don't have anything that old in the states.

Anyway back to food, I was born in Sweden (Stockholm) and grew up on Swedish meatballs, small guys with no sauce. (TB, I know traditional recipes call for a sauce but my mom said that was WRONG!) Yummy! I like to make them but, boy, the stove really gets to be a greasy mess.

2nite I am having rib eye too. 30% off at Safeway since the exp. date was almost there. More mushrooms. LOVE steak & mushrooms.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
Googled a recipe for black pudding. I'll bet those seed looking things are cooked barley. Not so bad. I love to try new things. We took a 2 week vacation to Wales a few years ago. Stayed in a small town (? burg) near Carmarthen. Did lots of driving around -- beautiful country Sikkisirus! Loved it - particularly enchanted by the castles. We don't have anything that old in the states.

Anyway back to food, I was born in Sweden (Stockholm) and grew up on Swedish meatballs, small guys with no sauce. (TB, I know traditional recipes call for a sauce but my mom said that was WRONG!) Yummy! I like to make them but, boy, the stove really gets to be a greasy mess.

2nite I am having rib eye too. 30% off at Safeway since the exp. date was almost there. More mushrooms. LOVE steak & mushrooms.
I live in Carmarthen Asta!!!! Wow small world. The town you visited wasn't Kidwelly or Burry Port was it?? Burry Port is my hometown. Glad you loved it
Old 11-14-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Sikki- The small town started Llan.....wyn. We stayed in a vacation ?resort comprised of several cabins. Our cabin looked out at a sheep farm from our back yard. We could hear the sheep chowing down on the rolling green hill. Absolutely pastoral. Anyway, the small town has a small post office right at the intersection of the main road. Some of the more memorable moments of our trip was my husband driving a stick shift (with everything on the wrong side of course!!) on the left side of the street with brick/stone hedges about 2 inches away from the road. The farther north we went the narrower the roads and the closer those brick hedges got. Amazingly we didn't even get one nick on the rental car. Would love to return to the UK. Spent a couple of days in London. Didn't care for it that much. I'm much more of a small town gal. Do you also end every sentence with a question mark? That was one thing I noticed everyone does there.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sikki-Found it! We stayed at the Pantglas Owners Club in Llanfyndd, Dyfed. Been there? Heard of it? They have a nice duck pond & a few resident ducks. Very nice accomodations.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
Sikki-Found it! We stayed at the Pantglas Owners Club in Llanfyndd, Dyfed. Been there? Heard of it? They have a nice duck pond & a few resident ducks. Very nice accomodations.
I know exactly where you are, only down the road. It is very nice, tho im biased lol and Wales beats London (again biased hehe)
We do have a habit of ending sentences with ? lol we usually end with 'isn't it?' haha.

BTW its Steve
Old 11-14-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Steve, Exactly!! Except it comes out sounding like "Inn't it?" I found myself doing it for the first few weeks when we got back home!!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Sikkisirus View Post
I know exactly where you are, only down the road. It is very nice, tho im biased lol and Wales beats London (again biased hehe)
We do have a habit of ending sentences with ? lol we usually end with 'isn't it?' haha.

BTW its Steve
Ha! I've been there too! Long ago

I remember standing on some hill in wales, next to a valley with more sheep in it than I've ever seen in one place. The sound coming up the side of the mountain was like one long droning "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaa"

hehe

Tonight I'm making a quasi-goulash. I'm calling it quasi 'cause there're no tomatoes in it and I'm using potatoes instead of noodles.

It's simmering at the moment and it smells really really good.

-Goat