Notices

What's for dinner???

Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
I'll be in Ohio sometime this summer...can I come over for dinner??? Everything you make sounds soooo good and I've actually tried a couple of your recipes. Very tasty, but if I didn't have to make them they would be even better.
Of course! I love company

-Goat
Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
My thanksgiving dinner will be a homemade gnocchi with sweet/spicy gorgonzola mustard sauce, asparagus and pine nuts (dash of nutmeg), and homemade crecent rolls, my famous caesar salad, roasted butternut squash with brown sugar and butter, and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

I don't eat meat, so turkey is never on my table this time of year
HUH? I know what a Caesar Salad & Pumpkin Cheesecake are- Asparagus rings a bell too! LOL.....
I'll be going to spend Thanksgiving with my family, which I haven't done in THIRTY YEARS. (!) Trying to reconnect with them after all the wasted years of boozing/drugging. They're going to deep fry a Turkey, & I want to see how it's done. A little nervous, but can't wait....
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
let it grow!

tonight we're having tuna melts ... i would just order chinese, but they're closed on tuesdays. i'm in the middle of a big baking project, so dinner is hit or miss at my place these days - mr k is ok with it though, he thinks cast off snickerdoodles and alittle burnt milk dud peanut butter cookies with milk are a terrific supper.

(i'm from the south, so sometimes i call it dinner. and sometimes i call it supper. supper's a southern thang, and is generally deep fried or at least has bacon grease, apple vinegar, and sugar)
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Well now, the pumpkin pie and the cornbread for stuffing are in the oven.... I guess it's on!

Maybe I should make the cranberry sauce tonight too, just to reduce the stuff I have to do tomorrow

-Goat
Old 11-25-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am getting my table set up, trying to make it look nice........running the dishwasher.......getting some of the pans and things out.........and CLEANING. Ick.

I want to wish you all a splendid and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Its 10.45pm here and my turkey is defrosting nicely. Will be ready for tomorrows celebration - Happy Thanksgiving and any Brits in Wales are welcome to stop by

So is anyone else but it might might be a little far lol
Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sikkisirus View Post
Am I the only Brit doing a Thanksgiving turkey dinner?? Im not missing out on all that lovely food
Yes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

We are doing the food prep tonight and then going to our favorite steak and seafood place for dinner.

I hope everyone has a splendid Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Have my pumpkin cheesecake in the oven & will start on my sausage stuffing this PM. Tonight, just going to have some pasta carbonara for dinner & salad, but really cut the portion size on the pasta.

Have a great holiday everyone.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Sikkisirus View Post
Am I the only Brit doing a Thanksgiving turkey dinner?? Im not missing out on all that lovely food
Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Yes
Hehe, It does seem a little odd, but of course if you wanna eat a turkey, then more power to ya.

Will you also be launching fireworks on July 4th so as not to miss out on all the great incendiary devices? :-D

Hehe, sorry, couldn't resist

-Goat
Old 11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
Have my pumpkin cheesecake in the oven & will start on my sausage stuffing this PM. Tonight, just going to have some pasta carbonara for dinner & salad, but really cut the portion size on the pasta.

Have a great holiday everyone.
Pumpkin.... cheesecake..... drool......

-Goat
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Ok.....so the kitchen is looming........all those creations to make....all the pots and pans rattling........I'm going in.............(the theme from Rocky begins to play)

LOL
Old 11-26-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

VC -- Boy are you getting an early start!! I slept in this morning. Did a little prep yesterday. Went to the fridge this morning to take out the bird, and wouldn't you know it, the plastic had a leak in it and there was blood all over. Messy way to start the day. Oh well. BTW, the end of today will mark 3 weeks! I can hardly believe it. I really didn't think I would. Some tough days, but in retrospect, easier than I imagined it.

Menu: turkey, sausage stuffing, giblet gravy, oven roasted broccoli, and pumpkin cheesecake. Not gonna bother with any potatoes this year.

Ssirus: You are probably done with your dinner by now. How did it turn out? Hope you are enjoying your "American" holiday in Wales. Are you a Wales native, or did you actually come from the States?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
BTW, the end of today will mark 3 weeks! I can hardly believe it.
That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you! Keep it up!

My turkey's in the oven... This year I'm going for thanksgiving dinner at DINNER TIME instead of at 2 in the afternoon. Instead of feeling sick to my stomach from not eating or stuffed because I gave in and ate lunch, I am actually going to be hungry and ready to eat when the bird hits the table.

I got about an hour to fool around before I need to start cooking the giblets for gravy and peeling potatoes and whatnot.

Everybody getting up at 2am to start xmas shopping?

-Goat
Old 11-26-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post

Everybody getting up at 2am to start xmas shopping?

-Goat

No way Jose.

I wonder the percentage of alcoholics that do go Black Friday shopping. I am betting it is low.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by bananagrrrl View Post
No way Jose.

I wonder the percentage of alcoholics that do go Black Friday shopping. I am betting it is low.
Hahahaha, it's funny you should say that! I <i>intend</i> to go every year... but I have never gone. Not once!

This is gonna be the year! Maybe!

-Goat
Old 11-26-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just finished Thanksgiving Dinner. On the menu was Turkey, giblet gravy, Green beans w/almonds, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, Stuffed artichokes and pumpkin pie. Everyone's belly is nice and full, even the dogs.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Lots to be grateful for.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Bake Macaroni, Potato Salad, Collard Greens, Candid Yams, Sweet Potato Pie,
Bake Chicken, home made Dressing,
Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Hehe, It does seem a little odd, but of course if you wanna eat a turkey, then more power to ya.

Will you also be launching fireworks on July 4th so as not to miss out on all the great incendiary devices? :-D

Hehe, sorry, couldn't resist

-Goat
I don't like missing on good food LOL my turkey turned out great!!
July 4th?? Fireworks? A celebration - heck im in on that too why not

Steve
Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Everybody getting up at 2am to start xmas shopping?-Goat
Even in prior years when I was drinking the day before, there would be no way I would fight the crowds!! Insanity! And certainly not this year... Nowadays do most of my shopping online. Not many good shopping areas here on the central OR coast. Online is so much easier and convenient.

Believe, lucky & Steve - So are you guys going out for an after dinner jog? HeHe. It's raining again here, so I have a good excuse, but I think I will hit the treadmill for a bit while the bird is in the oven. Good excuse to have that 2nd piece of cheesecake tonight!

Goat - You always make such great dinners. How did you learn to cook? As for me, pretty much self taught by cookbooks. My mom wasn't much of a cook. My dad, however, was a baker by trade. Always had lots of good fresh baked goods in the house. It's amazing I didn't turn into the size of a house!