Notices

What's for dinner???

Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
cabbage, red potatoes and kielbasa tonight=)
Bet YOU had the "toots" all day Wedsnesday! LOL

Two homemade Cheesburgers- pattie's cooked in my George Foreman grill ( I SWEAR by that thing!) roasted hamburger bun bread ( just doesn't taste the same on regular bread,) crisp lettuce, onions, & GRATED cheese on top- no sandwich cheese! Side dish of COLD cole slaw. washed down with Luzianne iced sun tea. May cheat & have my Sunday dessert early & dip into the cookie dough ice cream....................
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Breakfast........scrambled eggs with a blend of cheeses mixed in and sausage cooked and cut up in it.....wrapped in a warm tortilla.........a good start to the day......
Old 11-22-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
mergirl

Originally Posted by mikefreak View Post
Bet YOU had the "toots" all day Wedsnesday! LOL
job perk, outside all day and alone, so I don't even have to keep track

tonight looks like another tri-tip on the q, as they were hella cheap.

looking forward to three days of non cooking for the holidays, just show up, help out and grub!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Tonight I am making sauteed chicken thighs with a tarragon/mushroom cream sauce over some egg noodles. I still have some fresh tarragon in my herb garden. What are other people making tonight?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

It's bowling night so going easy...... throwing some Jalapeno brats on the grill with some potato salad and maybe some sliced up tomato and sliced cucumbers.........??
Old 11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

New York strips on the grill, sauteed' mushrooms, baked potato, homemade salad and veggies on the side. Have to grill before there is a foot of snow on the thing!! No garage to store it in.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Oh I grill all winter...as long as I can get to the controls to turn it on.........the rest will melt off as it heats up. I leave it outside, no cover, all winter..........no problems...............my neighbors might find me a little strange!!! LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Sloppy Joes and corn! Haven't made those in forever!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
mergirl

chili verde, LOVE the smell of roast chilis
Old 11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Isn't it great to be eating again? Alcohol gave me all my food needs. On my drinking mornings..okay, everyday... I could eat really fatty stuff like fried eggs and bacon with of course vodka. Sigh. But, not anymore. I made a great spicey African chicken recipe over the weekend and just ate till I needed a wheelbarrow to take me home!
Gratitooooood
for
Foooooood.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Oh I grill all winter...as long as I can get to the controls to turn it on.........
Or as long as the matches and charcoal are dry and there's lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, or a blowtorch around :-D

-Goat
Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Anybody getting creative for Thankyday? I mean, cooking something besides turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc?

I know I'm not... I caved to peer pressure this year. Made the big grocery run last night.

-Goat
Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Actually I'm not cooking this year. My sister-in-law wants to do it all. I'm going to bring some appetizers that are on bread with bacon and cheese.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Traditional here......with the exception of making some of the things gluten free due my damn food allergy........pain the the butt!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Traditional here also. We just had work Thanksgiving lunch and the thought of eating it again makes me want to hurl. (sorry, TMI)

I think it would be neat to pick another country and cook the foods that are traditional for them over their holidays.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my mom doin' the traditional turkey meal. but we're also going to do a rack of lamb just for grins.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
my mom doin' the traditional turkey meal. but we're also going to do a rack of lamb just for grins.
Mmmm.. rack of lamb! One of my favorites. Also marinated butterflied leg of lamb on the grill. Why didn't I think of lamb? Everytime I have lamb, I think "why don't we have lamb more often?? One reason, I guess, its so expensive.

We are having the traditional turkey, etc. Trying a new recipe for pumpkin cheesecake. Cheesecake is probably my favorite dessert!

Tonite, having some marinated grilled beef kebabs, rice & salad.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Ooo, I love sausage balls! I make mine with sage sausage, and I add pepper flakes and tabasco so they have some kick

I almost made pork chops tonight. The kids went so nuts with the ribs last night that they were begging me to pick up another rack when we were at the grocery store at 2 this afternoon... I had to point out that ribs require many hours (kids: "oh yeeeeeeah!" me:*rolling eyes*) So I asked them if they wanted pork chops instead, but they decided on chicken.

SO.... I'm making arroz con pollo! It smells quite lovely in here right now!

firestorm: I would happily fix some more ribs if you came for a visit -- just gimme some notice

-Goat
I'll be in Ohio sometime this summer...can I come over for dinner??? Everything you make sounds soooo good and I've actually tried a couple of your recipes. Very tasty, but if I didn't have to make them they would be even better.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Heathen

My thanksgiving dinner will be a homemade gnocchi with sweet/spicy gorgonzola mustard sauce, asparagus and pine nuts (dash of nutmeg), and homemade crecent rolls, my famous caesar salad, roasted butternut squash with brown sugar and butter, and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

I don't eat meat, so turkey is never on my table this time of year
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Am I the only Brit doing a Thanksgiving turkey dinner?? Im not missing out on all that lovely food