Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

I have benn given them after major dental surgery I have a small collection onr time the dentist said take two at first.....ugh... I will occsionally take one or even a half for a major headache but only if I can lay down... I have a friend that cut her self off she was taken 4 - 5 every 3 - 4 she was a mess, I can't imagine double that .... I am scared for Misty... I am praying she can knock them off again...

Misty hang in there... look ahead never behind....
Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

hey girls,
it's me again. just reading through the posts and for you newer people or those of you who haven't been on in awhile, i just joined a little over a week ago. the reason i am on here is because i have an addiction to pain pills myself. my DOC is Lortab, which is similar to Vicodin, but it's a 10/500 pill. So 10mg of the narcotic and 500mg of acetominophen. i am extremely addicted to them and have gotten up to 15 to 25 a day, which is horrible, i know. that's why i'm here and that's why i am going to go to rehab/detox very soon. i know it's killing my liver and making everything else in my life more difficult as well. if you want, you can read more about me and this problem i have on my previous posts to this thread. so, i understand what misti's going through. it's very difficult to stop taking these pills, and just as difficult to slow down. but i hate what it's doing to me - physically, financially, emotionally. it feels great for a few hours, but then i want more and more and more. i have managed to cut down to 15 over the past few days and will hopefully continue to taper off.

thanx for reading and i'm praying for misti and everyone else out there...
angela
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  

Hi Ange,

It's odd I know so many people that are addicted to those things but the doctor keeps writting scripts... don't they know... it's funny.... well not really but I can't stand them I'll take one as a last resort for dental pain or migraine... but don't ask about Vodka....

I guess in all of modern medicine pain relief still stumps the experts...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Anna are you here to shut us down?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCGirl View Post
Hi Ange,

It's odd I know so many people that are addicted to those things but the doctor keeps writting scripts... don't they know... it's funny.... well not really but I can't stand them I'll take one as a last resort for dental pain or migraine... but don't ask about Vodka....

I guess in all of modern medicine pain relief still stumps the experts...

i know, it's crazy, right? but my doctor prescribes me with 6 a day. of course, i'm abusing that by getting from other sources. but still, if he wouldn't have prescribed that many - i probably wouldn't be addicted and to the point i'm at now. however, they really do help me with my pain. if i could get it down to taking even just 4 a day, i would be happy. my back pain gets so bad sometimes, though, that i have to take more and more just to get rid of the pain. it sux... big time.
  # 526 (permalink)  

Hi laura...
  # 527 (permalink)  

who's anna?

hey NYC, where's jackie? haven't seen any posts from her tonight. is she ok?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  

Wow, I thought I was so original with that half bottle of wine thing! I guess drinking minds think alike! I don't understand why no O'Doul's??? As long as it's Non-alc, shouldn't it be okay? I've just never heard otherwise. Is it because it still tastes like beer, which may make me want a real beer?

My friends and I usually go to this restaurant 3 nites a week while our girls are in dance class (It's in the same strip mall and very convenient). It's usually T,W,TH. Tuesday I had bunco (and survived). Wed my hubby took her and picked her up, and today my youngest daughter (8) wanted to go running to train for a 5K. So instead of going to the restaraunt, My 8-year-old and I ran to the park, played a while, and ran back to the dance studio! We had a blast! Back in my drinking days (you know, 5 days ago), I would have said "No, honey, we're going to the restaurant to meet our friends."
So:
1: It kept me away from the restaurant until right at the end, when I ordered water.
2: I spent some awesome quality time with my daughter.
3: As I was tucking her in bed, she said it was the best part of her day.
4: I didn't snack on 5 baskets of tortilla chips trying to keep my mind off of drinking a beer
5: I got some exercise.

Who'da thunk?

On a different note, I sure hope Misty is okay. that is a LOT of acetaminophen! Misty, please let us know how you are as soon as you read these posts. We all love you and are praying for you.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  

Hi NYC!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  

Angela- what is causing your back pain to be so bad? Is there any other kind of treatment? Obviously, you can't go cold tukey off the pills, but if you first fix what's causing the pain, maybe it would be easier. I don't know alot about drug addiction (just alcohol), so maybe I'm speaking totally wrong.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

It takes me so long to type that there's 5 more posts by the time I'm done!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  

That awesome laura.... and it gets better..... the'll be ups and downs so hang in there........
Old 04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  

Hello Girls. I'm back from my second home. The hockey rink!

Jackie had a purse party at her salon tonight. She might not be home yet, or wiped out. Last night when we were Im'n she was ready to fall face first into her computer.

Half bottle of wine, I went for the whole bottle everytime and kept a spare on hand, cause I was afraid it wouln't be enough. Haskells five cent wine sale made my day every year!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  

Didn't we make it to like 25 pages last time before Anna shut us down?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 535 (permalink)  

I know there will be ups and downs. And one thing that I really need to do is go to a meeting. I'm keeping myslef so busy (on purpose) that I haven't even found time for one! Another is to tell some friends. I think if I tell a few close friends, it will help to keep me accountable. I'm actually thinking of talking to my 11-year old about it. She's quite mature. A few weeks ago, I had said that I was going on a diet to lose weight before summer, and part of that was no more drinking. "oh, yeah, right!" she said. "we'll see how long that lasts!" I couldn't believe my ears! ( nd of course, she was right, it didn;t last!) And then there was Easter Sunday, when I passed out in the car and then woke up puking. She was in the car and was very concerned. I don't want her to make the same mistakes that I have made, and I think telling her about why i have made this decision not to drink and about my addiction may be a good start. At the same time, if I do "fall off the wagon", I don't want her to be dissappointed in me. I knew that my mother was an alcoholic, a functional one like me, and called her on it many times in my younger days. She admitted to me that she probably drank too much and that she would try to cut back. I remember my dissappointment in her.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 536 (permalink)  

hey angela----i am here---we had a purse and jewelry party at the shop tonite---i am tired this new medicine is keeping me tired--hopefully my body will adjust soon---how are you doing???
Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 537 (permalink)  

Petey- the half bottle was after the full one that I'd already drank and hid so my hubby would think all I'd had was a half bottle! Dopey me!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 538 (permalink)  

hey petie ----i am sooooo wiped out!!!! my body doesn't know what to do with itself!!!!!! we sold alot of stuff tonite!!!! i bought some sunglasses and a headband!!!! very cute!!!!

i hope everyone had a good day------i love ya!!!!

jacks~~~
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 539 (permalink)  

Why didn't I think of that!

My son is 11 and when I told him I quit he said thank god! They know more than we think they do.

Jackie poo! How did the party go?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 540 (permalink)  

Any purses for me?