# 481 (permalink)  

Jules-prayers for you and your family xoxo
Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi Jane, How.s the dental patient?

Pookie, How is Becca doing?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

(((Jules))) I'll be praying for you--we lost my grandma a couple years ago, and I well remember her time in hospice, waiting.......so difficult. I'll also pray for you with the uncle thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi NYC

She's doing really well, and is SO glad to be back in school. She has a dental appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how well the tooth is reattaching. She's awfully tired of the liquid diet, though! I think she'll actually be GLAD to eat broccoli again one day....
Thanks for asking!

Yeah, Pookie....how is Becca?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thanks NYC - typically that is what I would do too....that is why it sent me into a tailspin that I could not muster up the B*&^% in me! I literally froze and paniced when I saw him.

I wish I had handled it differently but I was feeling rage and fear at the same time - it was so strange!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

jane--did you see lost?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

That is great Jane!!!, she will have to give you her "menu" of her favorites,when she can eat again, a very special dinner

Becca turned the corner quickly after her second shot of Rocephin, and she is on oral antibiotic still, but is was scary. Thanks for all the prayers

On a lower note, my 16 days is now 2, I was having headaches(which I never get) and nosebleed, I think the stress and allnighters were causing my BP to go up, DH brought me home a card, flowers and a bottle of wine(still does not get it) and said he would stay up with Becca(she was better by this time), I should relax, well, I contemplated having one, having none, but the alcoholic in me(Yes, I said it) wanted more, that little buzz felt so good, and when I started I did not want to stop, IT SO SUCKS, but I am not giving up...just wanted to be honest

Has anyone else had so much trouble at first, I know some of you quit the first try, If anyone else had such a hard time, please tell me , so I know there is hope....
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Okay, I am kinda pissy rigth now, kids are fighting, DH is sleeping,,, set teh kids off first... had 11 yo in tears he is so unsensitive....so I an heading to the PO and the bank... & then I am stopping at the chocolate shop and I am going to eat it all before I get home.... We are supposed to go pick put tile if i can't get him up I going to Kohl's got a 20% off in the mail.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

jules--does everyone know about your uncle? did you ever press charges? what an @ss coming to the hospital like that.

protect yourself and your emotions--leave if you must or have someone ask him to. what a sucky situation. can you plan ahead? is there someone who you can talk to about this?

pookie--your dh needs a skillet too. glad becca is better.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Jules, I read what I wrote after I hope i didn't come off as cold, I talk a good story but i probably would have froze too, especially sober... and unprepared... i'll be praying for your family...

P.S. all just chated with Tam she is Atlanta getting in the plane...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Pook go to the Newcomers forum I'll bring back my Margarita tale in case you missed it...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

NYC, I wonder how I missed that thread,maybe if I would have read that post that day, I would be on day 18
Thanks!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

wow, pookie...
change, balance, spirituality, feeling good about ourselves...of course it makes sense!

I've been reading my Being in Balance book more lately (someone suggested i dust it off and read it again - must have been sounding out of balance lol). I've been feeling more confused about my state of being and what makes me feel good inside and out. I have to admit I'm still confused but talking with you moms makes it easier to get it out of my head.

jules, i'm so glad you checked in. please be in touch with someone if you feel like your sobriety is in jeapordy. you know you don't want to go through that again.

scoot, you sound fabulous. I'm sure you'll be able to handle any moods your hub throws at you. I hope you're able to work things out soon though. Living like that doesn't sound fun.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

nyc--cyberskillet on its way! chocolate therapy is always good!

**{c'est}} you are a love. call me--i can be on cell in a little bit or pm me your number. don't be lonely.

ita with talking things out. just putting things on paper (or typing on computer and posting) gives a lot of clarity. these newfound emotions are so ...new. i don't know how to recognize them sometimes and i certainly don't know where to go with them. oi.

bon voyage, my dear Tam!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

perfect! someone just sent me the following email.

------

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweatshirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What setting do I use on the washing machine?"

"It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?"

He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma." And they say blondes are dumb...

----------------------------------

A couple is lying in bed. The man says, "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world." The woman replies, "I'll miss you..."

-------------------------------------

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, "honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?" "Probably that I married you for your money," she replied.

------------------------------------

He said - Shall we try swapping positions tonight?

She said - That's a good idea... you stand by the ironing board while I sit on the sofa and fart.

-----------------------------

Q: What do you call an intelligent, good looking, sensitive man?

A: A rumor

-----------

A man and his wife, now in their 60's, were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. On their special day a good fairy came to them and said that because they had been so good that each one of them could have one wish. The wife wished for a trip around the world with her husband. Whoosh! Immediately she had airline/cruise tickets in her hands. The man wished for a female companion 30 years younger... Whoosh...immediately he turned ninety.

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods.
Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death. AMEN

Q: Why do little boys whine? A: They are practicing to be men.

---------------------------

Q: What do you call a handcuffed man?

A: Trustworthy.

-------------------------

Q: What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?

A: You did not hold the pillow down long enough.

Q: Why do men whistle when they are sitting on the toilet?

A: It helps them remember which end they need to wipe.

--------------------------

Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?

A: Rename the mail folder "Instruction Manuals"

Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Has anyone else had so much trouble at first, I know some of you quit the first try, If anyone else had such a hard time, please tell me , so I know there is hope....[/QUOTE]

Pookie - there is hope....absolutely there is hope. Your DH does not have to understand or "get this"....only you have to know that (for us) drinking is not an option and there is no such thing as "just 1". I had to realize (and I am still realizing) that I am the one that makes the choice to recover. Thank you for being honest....I was told that it takes:
Honesty
Open Mind and
Willingness to want recovery......I think you have all three - so you are a shoe-in
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Back from today's continuing jury selection, which basically means sitting and reading magazines for 6 hours. I can't believe this process.

Thanks NYC and Jackie for being there for me last night, and I'm sorry I confused everyone, as I was stressed about a whole bunch of things and was nattering all over the place.

To straighten out the info:
1) I am worried that I'm pregnant and praying I'm not. I'll tell you why I think that. My breasts feel tender and sore and not in the same way they do normally in my cycle. I'm hoping it's just because I ran on the treadmill for a long time and my sports bra sucks, but I AM worried as that is a big sign for me. Please send "negative" vibes my way.

2) My Mom does not have OCD, but she is simply buried under so much grief and I don't know how to help her out from under there. She is mourning the loss of her husband of 60 years and her firstborn son (who was 59) and just can't seem to get past it. It has been 8 months now, but who puts a time period on grief? NYC, you are so right in that it takes time, but she is SO lonely and won't come to my house until we sell hers. Now she's not feeling well and that is postponed...

3) Yes, it is my middle daughter who I think has OCD and I know has "trichotillomania" (have I mentioned this before?). This means she pulls out her eyelashes and sometimes part of an eyebrow or hair from her head. She does this when she is stressed out. She has a bunch of other issues (severe peanut allergy, GERD, nightmares & night terrors, extemely sensitive, etc.) I noticed the hair-pulling about 3 or 4 months ago. While researching that, I discovered that she has many, many symptoms of OCD. Lolli, I'd love to talk to you more about your experience. Her doctor, our family doctor, has not been very helpful -- she told her to bite her nails instead of pulling out her hair. What kind of advice is that? What kind of therapy is that? So, I'm now researching all I can so I can find her some real help. I'm so worried about her. (and how the heck might she react if I tell her I'm pregnant? I know, sorry, but it's constantly at the back of my mind!)

Pookie, is that Becca in your Avatar? Is she not the cutest little thing ever?? I'm so glad she is feeling better.

Hi C'est!! Great to see you too!

NYC - have some chocolate for me too, will ya?

((((Jules)))) I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, and THEN, to have to deal with the uncle from HELL....well, that is just way too much for any woman to handle all at once. My heart goes out to you. I know just what you mean by saying you froze and felt revulsion and fear all in the same moment. I'm so sorry you had to relive that. Too bad you didn't barf all over his shoes. B*st*rd.

Jane, I think you should get an ice cream parfait all ready for that little soldier of yours. What a sweet pea.

OMG - my pregnant cat (am I obsessing on the pregnancy issue?) is weaving herself through my legs. I better go feed her.

xo
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

SCOOT!! I have another on for yaThe husband had just finished reading a new book entitled, "YOU CAN BE
THE MAN OF YOUR HOUSE"

He stormed to his wife in the kitchen and announced, "From now on, you
need to know that I am the man of this house and my word is Law. You
will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my
meal, you will serve me a sumptuous dessert. After dinner, you are going
to go upstairs with me and we will have the kind of sex that I want.
Afterwards, you are going to draw me a bath so I can relax. You will
wash my > back and towel me dry and bring me my robe. Then, you will
massage my feet and hands. Then tomorrow, guess who's going to dress me
and comb my hair?" The wife replied, "The fricken' funeral director
would be my first guess."
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

jules, i quit this time on july 24, 2006. this has been the longest in more than 15 years that i've gone without a drink.

it took me about 10 years of quitting to get here.

the difference is that this time:
i came here and admitted i was alcoholic
i went to aa and told a few people that i was alcoholic
i started therapy
i got a sponsor
i started to educate myself about addiction and alcoholism
i took things minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day
i found something else to drink/substitute (diet limeade)

quitting IS hard. we are addicted. the enemy wants to win. there is hope. there are people who say that relapse is part of recovery. probably because each time you learn a little bit more about yourself.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Hey all! Spoke to Tam earlier.......she's on the plane now headed to Cali to meet her friends. She says "HI" and sends her love to you all! Oh......and she says "CAN'T USE OR DRINK TODAY EITHER"