Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-05-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

This is the continuation of the Moms thread.

Here is the link to Part 22

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-22-a.html
Old 04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm first! I'm first! Nana Nana Boo Boo!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yay...your the first...

madison had a great party...the pizza was a hit and the games were too...

I am still cleaning for my MIL...and am excited to see her....

well gotta get...

much love,
~B
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((JANE!!!!))))))
Hiyas All!!!!

I miss all of you! I know it is impossible to try to catch up on everything, just know that I love and miss each and all of you!!!

Life has been pretty crazy for me for several months....I cant even remember when I posted last! I am still sober and fighting.....life seems to have thrown me lemons here of late but I am doing my best to make lemonade and move on. Grand baby is 6 months now....and a pure treat! I am posting a picture of her LOL...(If it will let me, I still cant use smilies)
Cant remember if I told ya's or not but hubby has been gone since before last Thanksgiving....I am really trippin out on this...we get along SO well now and have been.....go figure! Income is ZERO (including no child support, other then an occasional 20$ here and there...for TWO teenage boys...ahhh...now I remember WHY he is gone tee-hee-hee) but I go back to a different doc. tomorrow mornin and will hopefully get my meds back so I can go back to work again (last job lasted 2 weeks and of course, I had to seize out all over...INSTANT fire the crazy epileptic woman lol)
Im still caring 24/7 for my parents, Moms parkonsis is really starting to progress now but we keep chugging along. My Dad is a huge worry right now....and has been, (although he has not been medically diagnosed...yet) has dementia (sp?) I have a very close friend who lost his Dad several years ago to cancer but that had Alzhiemers and between him witnessing my Dad for over 3 years now, research I have done and things I have learned through talking on support boards, I am pretty sure Dad is in the early to mid stages.Mom of course, is in denial of any such thing.....yes it is a battle! I called my oldest brother to try to gain some help and support...(Dad has not showered in months <for example> and I cannot physically make him although I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of) and was chewed out bigtime.....this was several weeks ago, I was reduced to tears and since then both of my brothers have talked to eachother but as usual, life has them too "busy" to even come for a visit...(havent seen either of them since Christmas)

On the upside, I am still sober and my boys and I are well. I am VERY excited to get my meds back and hopefully get some of my financial BS. squared away! Spring is good for me too, the boys and I have already cleaned and fertilized the flower beds, and made the first few passes with the tiller in my vegie garden! I so love to be outside, it is comforting!!!! I admit that depression has had me isolated from everything including this site, but I am once again, pulling on my boot straps and trying to emerge from this funk!!!! I miss you all and want you to know I NEVER stopped praying for each of us!!!!! Stay strong!!!!
~HUGS!~
Love Liss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
gordon3grinning.jpg (3.8 KB, 96 views)
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Damn it, I wanted to be first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Remember I said helathy lifestyle change, but not deprived!!!!!!!!! We all deserve a few treats!

Especially cause we are moms. And we rock.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Jane and Ig... my entire food consumption today consisted of candy cupcake and and donuts... I don't know what came over me...

Hi, Lizz good see you, sorry to hear thing are so tough, I am sooo inpresses wiht your ability to stay sober... I have to start reading up on Demensia too, I think my Dad's there... Last year they took his licence for driving on the wrong side of a fairly major street. Some days he walks to WaWa for cigs and ccna't find his way home. He lives alone and I don't think he'll have it any othere way.

Lizz, I really hope you stay around... things have been pretty good around here for us Mom's

.... Started break today an DH is already up my ass... called four times with his famous... do you think you could.... Why do yo call me to ask me to make a phone call WTF just make the F---ing call yourself. He will do this the entire time I am off, he cannot bear to just me relax for a week.... but this year I am going to loose it on him. WAA, WAA, WAA...
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Liss, I'm so glad to see you!

Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
Remember I said helathy lifestyle change, but not deprived!!!!!!!!! We all deserve a few treats!

Especially cause we are moms. And we rock.

My problem is that it's so easy to make candy bars and coffee the sum total of my lifestyle! I used to be able to look/feel OK while eating this way, but don't have that luxury anymore. (BTW, I've been reading "Prevention" magazine lately. My Jack LaLanne-like Grandpa used to subscribe to that. I'm adding healthy reading to my new lifestyle!)

You're right, Peterson--we DO rock!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today my oldest son had some yucky news when I picked him up at school. One of his classmates--a 13-year-old--brought a handgun to school yesterday. This boy was taken into police custody last night and is now in the detention center. It is so sad--I've known this kid since kindergarten. He's always been such a sweetheart of a boy, though he's had a rough life. Fortunately, it doesn't sound like he meant to shoot up the place, just had a gun he took from his grandfather stashed in his backpack to show off to a select few. My son is pretty bummed out. I am, too. It's just so weird to think a kid I've watched grow up has gotten into this situation now. His grandfather (who is raising him), is a good man, too. I just can't imagine what's up with the boy.
Of course this has already hit the online edition of our local newspaper. Ugh.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Morning Mums

scoot how about you tell to beep beep

Hi Liss good to see you congrats on stying Sober

Kevin
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning, Kev!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

jane that is exactly what i am worried about with my dh's handgun missing---i hope and pray it is not in the wrong hands. i am so worried i just don't even want it in the house anymore. i used to think i felt safe with one around---and now i am not so sure i do.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

where is lexi?
i won't be around much next couple of days...it is that time for me, too...for some reason, i have started getting very ,very depressed/suicidal this time of month...remember last month, heh?
so, rather than spout depressing stuff here, i'll just keep to myself
but i love y'all
Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

**{misti}} keep posting. get it out. we're here for you.

**{lolli!!}} good to hear from you! baby girl is adorable!

girls, this gun talk freaks me out.

grey's is rerun. darn. guess i'll have to do more laundry.

let's not talk about my diet for the day--went to the movies and blew it on popcorn.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Two weeks in a row Grey's has been a rerun damn it! I want my Mcdreamy and McSteamy back. I want to see Izzie and George get all crazy again.

One more week.

I had two snack sizes m&m's, two pieces of starburst two mini dove eggs and then I ran 3 miles of speed work 10 x 1:00 pick ups with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. Then I nibbled on Catja's mcdonalds. I think they canel each other out.

Oh well!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Scoot what movie did you see?

Liss- it's good to see you! Glad you're doing well.

Jane, that is so scary- and Jackie, too. Crazy. I can't imagine what would be going thru a kids mind to do that.

((((Mist)))) Please don't ide away. Know that it will pass- no suicide thoughts! I mean it- If you really think that you need to get help> Now!

NYC you have me laughing...
Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was really bummed about the Greys thing tonight!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was really bummed out too!!!

Hey, we are all having little treats here and there. But we are also accomplishing a lot. Everyone has started walking, eliptical, running, whatever it is. I see us all moving in a good direction. So congrats to you all!!!!!

Misti, take a walk, breath, get away for even five minutes. My Bf is also my boss. Fun! There are times when he gets so mad and bossy, and it isn't neccessarily directed to me, I learned to just turn him off in my mind, walk away, turn the ringer off, whatever until he comes around. Try that!!

You are a great person. No suicide thoughts. Think of the kids girl, and how great you are. Keep posting!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey petie!!!----my misti girl is down in the dumps---i hate when i can't make it better or just go away for someone----she is a strong girl--not many woman can raise 4 children on their own---alot of times they just give up--(i know cause my own mother did) but she hasn't and i just want her to know how very proud of her i am for being a good mother and appreciating the small things with her kids---who knows if my mother loved me as much as she loves her kids maybe i wouldn't have had the problems i have faced. but then again i might have anyway-----i guess we will never know. what i am trying to say misti this is nothing but a bump in the road--you will get past it--and move forward---you have been so much help to me more than you will ever know---so stick around all of us mommies need you!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

i am gonna take a break from here...you v=can IM me but i have nothing to offer..
peace and love...
beezylou...mae