Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 561 (permalink)  

Jackie - have you talked to Misti?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 562 (permalink)  

I just alked to another paretn who has 2 kids at the HS. She called them on their cells, and they are evacuated to the bleachers for a "bomb scare". None of the kids seemd worried, and the school was playing loud music to keep the kids occupied. They are not letting any more buses into the school, so the school's not full. I can't believe none of this is on the news yet. I think I'm going to sit tight and watch the news, and maybe in 1/2 hour or so go drive by and see if it looks like it's calmed down or not. I won't go in to get her unless my gut really urges me too.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 563 (permalink)  

((((((MISTI))))))-----------where are you??????----come out come out wherever you are!!!!!!

i am worried about you --- i lurves ya !!!!

we all make mistakes----i make more than anyone---so please whatever you are stressin' over ---offer it up and let it go---for your own sanity!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 564 (permalink)  

Good Morning all

Laura and petie I was reading back to last night, on the kid thing, My now 9 yo hated that I drank she figures it out around 5 or 6.. She would even say Mom why do you have to drink so much? Even when most people didn't know she would... I swear I could have like two or three and she would know... she would get sooooo bad....and mean!

I just figured my 11yo didn't catch on. because she never said anything.. she can be a blonde sometimes...but one I quit she started to say things like I am glad you don't drink any more, now I realize she was keeping it inside.... and they both make sure to tell people for me that mommy doesn't drink. Their behavior has noticeably improved and since I spend more time with them instead of the Skyy we have gotten much closer.
They are Okay with DH drinking because he isn't a drunken mess.

Just my two cents

....oh and Jackie... I don't think you having some wine is anything to worry ... it's like me taking a hydro for my headache... but it's really how you feel.

Misty... Good morning... (((((misty))))
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 565 (permalink)  

Misty- you are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm with Jackie- just let it go and move on. Don't kick yourself for the past. Today is a new day, and you can start fresh.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 566 (permalink)  

I think I want to apologize to her (my daughter) for Sunday, and explain that I wasn't carsick as I had said, but it was the alcohol, because I had drank too much. I want her to learn from my mistakes. She's 11, and is soon entering that very vulnerable age when her firends will start to try things and maybe want her too, also. Right now she seems very adimant that won't ever drink or do drugs, but we all know that changes.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 567 (permalink)  

My neice slept over last night .... she 5 and high maintence... I am getting ready to to jump on the treadmill... this is my last weekday off for break back to work on monday :cry: We don't get done till June 2snd
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 568 (permalink)  

Laura my will be 12 ans 10 next month... my 12 will be in 7th grade.... I know of 7th graders that are drinking and smoking pot and having oral sex.... makes me shiver just thinking about it ....Mine both swear they will never drink either.....would be nice but that's not fair to them they could be normal drinkers... but stats show starting before 15, something like triples the chance of being an alki. I want then till atleast wait... two of nieces friends she's a freshman had their stomachs pumped just a couple of weeks ago....

.....oh i would bet your daughters already knows you weren't "car sick"
Old 04-13-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 569 (permalink)  

laura how old is your daughter?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 570 (permalink)  

morning mommas!

yikes! i'm glad my guys are all ages 6 and under because their problems are still small too. not looking forward to middle and high school at all. sending them to convent/monastery sounds good. oh yeah, except for those pedo-priests. i guess it's not safe anywhere...

i want to say i'm sorry to misti--honey, i usually just kinda skip over parts about drugs because i know nothing about them or their dosages. but i do know that tylenol can cause permanent liver damage. just one overdose of it can do a bad thing to you forever. and an overdose can kill you. please take good care of yourself, honey. i'm so sorry i didn't pick up on it yesterday. as for the slip, back in the saddle. today is a new day.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 571 (permalink)  

((((misti))))

check in...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 572 (permalink)  

**{beezy}}

miss you
Old 04-13-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 573 (permalink)  

Good Mornin E1

How goes it this mornin???

Laura- Please keep us posted!!! Where are you? Im going to turn on my TV.

Well, I feel like total crapola this mornin, I am supposed to be in Kentucky to watch Storey at 10 and cant because I have ZERO gas and at 3.00 a gallon, I cant even scrape enough change together! UGGHHHH!!! Ex came by last night, I begged him for 10$ to put in the tank to go and watch his grand daughter today, he sat here and chowed down 2 huge plates full of dinner and then said he didnt have it.....he only has enough to bowl on tonite.....I just dont get it, I am pawning and selling ANYTHING I own and so are my parents, just to put food on the table to get us through until SS checks get here Wednesday, he does NOT pay child support, and he cant give me 10$??

I need advice girls!!! We have been seperated since last November, we both have issues and were both unhappy, he doesnt see this, he thinks he was the only one unhappy.....

I still love him but there are so many things after 22 years and he doesnt see how I could possibly be unhappy....well he didnt work for the last 2 that we were together.....put us in major debt etc. He knows he still has a hold on me emotionally, and he comes over here and will stay for 2 days and do nothing but lay around and watch my TV. and expect me to wait on him hand and foot...I am talking bring him pop, make him "TV snacks" and serve his dinner, he does not sit and talk to us or spend any quality time with the kids, he has not taken his boys ONCE since he left....this partly because his roommate does drugs and neither of us wants the boys there (I wont allow it ), but he has not even bothered to take them to McDonalds for lunch! NOTHING!!

Last night he showed up here, ate our food after claiming he is so broke he hadnt eaten since lunch the day before, and sat and told me tales of his bar adventures this past week...(he has a tab running at his local watering hole) he gets done eating and says well, I cant decide if I want to go on home or go run my tab up some more...it is only at 50$ this week so far.....!?!?!?!?!?!
I just looked at him, said well tell e1 hi for me, Hell, I dont drink but to get out of here and get a break from the kids would be nice but I dont even have the gas to go to the library.

Looking on it today, I think he was hinting that if I would invite him to stay, he wouldnt go, but I am tired of this, he NEVER asks me to go anywhere with him, he says this is a temporary seperation until he can trust that I will not drink again, or that Im not drinking in the evenings......how would he know?? On the nights he is here, he sees I do not drink but he says he isnt ready to trust that I am not drinking when he isnt here. He claims he isnt sleeping around etc. but then he sits and tells me of how he passed out at so and so's just before so and so was trying to get him in bed yada yada yada......I think you get the point.......

Since the day that he got all huffy a week or so ago, when I got a call from a male friend who actually is out of state and I havent seen in over 2 years, and Ex stormed out of here, I havent offered for him to stay, but he isnt showing any effort to spend time with me or the kids at all.

He knows I do not have the gas to get to the bowling alley to run split the pot for Carla but he didnt offer to drive either....mainly because he goes to the bar afterwards and doesnt want or have the gas to run me back home first......

Please give me honest and brutel opinions and advice here.....I know we have a toxic relationship, but I am having a hard time letting go completely, after almost 23 years, 3 kids and 1 grandbaby, I ache to have the happy times back, my family back! Ugggghhhhhh now I am just babbling....sorry.....Im going to make the kids homemade waffles for breakfast....I will check in shortly and sorry this is a small book.....
Liss
Old 04-13-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 574 (permalink)  

Scoot-I was thinking the same thing(LOL) after reading about what these kids know so young now, I am just waiting for crawling to begin!!! and Kindergarten, all fun things
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 575 (permalink)  

Mine are 8 snd 11- both girls. They are actually both pretty naive when it comes to worldly ways. okay, one crisis done. Threat is off and kids are back in school. all of this is happening while I'm typing. Just got an email from my BIL that my nephew was the victim of a random gang attack at U of Delaware on Wednesday. He’s traumatized but not too bad physically. He was surrounded and knocked unconscious by a blow to the back the head with a blunt object. He has various other cuts and bruises and may have suffered a shoulder dislocation, but does not appear to be at risk of any long-term physical problems.
God, I hope this day gets better!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 576 (permalink)  

It is Fri the 13th!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 577 (permalink)  

liss,

I think if you and hubby are seperated...you should try to distance yourself more..I know it is hard but he is not helping you at all...he still seems to be causing you a source of stress...

I cannot believe he will not give you any money but goes out..wtf...he drinks still but can't trust YOU ???? I would tell him to stay at his place and start working on you !! I would send you some money but it will take a few days to get there..pm me your address..

you know I love you and would do anything for you...but you have to do some things for you..and he is toxic...take some time away from him...
stop cooking/feeding him...let him go through what you are going through.

much love
~Beezy
Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 578 (permalink)  

thinking of you too scoot...I saw a little blue vespa the other day and I smiled at thought of you...

~beezy
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 579 (permalink)  

**{lolli}} i think i can empathize. i've been putting up with my husband's bullcrap for a long time. we've been together since '91. somehow, i've just found my backbone and dignity--i'm trying to use them too. i don't even know if he notices, but i know it in my heart. i'm scared crapless and anxious--see my posts this week. but, you know, i've had it. if he stays, things need to change. if he doesn't change, i won't put up with it. i've set a boundary.

to me, it sounds like you need to set boundaries for your own sanity. if you want the marriage, set some rules and stick by them. if it's over, stop it with him. a clean break is easier in the long run. what do YOU want?

here're some things to think about: why are you serving him? he can very well get food for his own self. he's the father, if he's not paying child support, give him some assigned tasks to do. he has responsibility to do it.

it's like with kids, if you put up with their bad behavior, they get used to doing it. and in the long run, it's doing a disservice to both of you.

here i am, talking to myself as much as i am you!

you are such a love and i hate to see you unhappy.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 580 (permalink)  

Liss, I have never been one for hanging on... so I would say you need to cut all ties except for arranging foe him to see the kids if he even wants to. You need to focus on your self you do not need anyone in your way. He sounds to me like a selfish leech.

You need to file for child support and custody and have it all done through the courts and next time he shows up to mooch the food that you barely have money to buy kick is ass to the curb... tell him to go put it on his tab at the bar.

He has money to play and you can't even eat or get around WTF

I know I can be brutle...