Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  
Laura_P

Wow, I thought I was so original with that half bottle of wine thing! I guess drinking minds think alike! I don't understand why no O'Doul's??? As long as it's Non-alc, shouldn't it be okay? I've just never heard otherwise. Is it because it still tastes like beer, which may make me want a real beer?

My friends and I usually go to this restaurant 3 nites a week while our girls are in dance class (It's in the same strip mall and very convenient). It's usually T,W,TH. Tuesday I had bunco (and survived). Wed my hubby took her and picked her up, and today my youngest daughter (8) wanted to go running to train for a 5K. So instead of going to the restaraunt, My 8-year-old and I ran to the park, played a while, and ran back to the dance studio! We had a blast! Back in my drinking days (you know, 5 days ago), I would have said "No, honey, we're going to the restaurant to meet our friends."
So:
1: It kept me away from the restaurant until right at the end, when I ordered water.
2: I spent some awesome quality time with my daughter.
3: As I was tucking her in bed, she said it was the best part of her day.
4: I didn't snack on 5 baskets of tortilla chips trying to keep my mind off of drinking a beer
5: I got some exercise.

Who'da thunk?

On a different note, I sure hope Misty is okay. that is a LOT of acetaminophen! Misty, please let us know how you are as soon as you read these posts. We all love you and are praying for you.