Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 541 (permalink)  

I was so dissappointed in Grey's tonight. A flash back night. Granted funny and touching. But damn it I want to see what happens with George and Izzy!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 542 (permalink)  

So did you sleep good darlin?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 543 (permalink)  

I guess I also don't want her to label me as an "alcoholic". I know she knows that I drink (drank) ALOT, but... how much she knows I'm not sure.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 544 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laura_P View Post
Angela- what is causing your back pain to be so bad? Is there any other kind of treatment? Obviously, you can't go cold tukey off the pills, but if you first fix what's causing the pain, maybe it would be easier. I don't know alot about drug addiction (just alcohol), so maybe I'm speaking totally wrong.

hey laura, here's my story... i wasn't in any accident or anything. my back pain started when i was in college over 10 years ago. i went to chiropractors and they said that my spine was perfect, but that the pain was muscle-related. then i went to a rheumatologist and she diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and myafascial pain. i've been through physical therapy and massage therapy as well. massages really help, but only for a few hours and the pain comes back. i even had a breast reduction in 1999 and i guess that helped some. most of the docs have told me that this pain is something i will have for the rest of my life, that it's neurological and i will either have to take pain pills and muscle relaxers the rest of my life and/or go through pain management. stress makes the pain worse, which has been occurring a lot lately, considering i've been working lots of overtime the past couple weeks. when i used to play tennis like 3 times a week and lift weights, the pain wasn't as bad. so i know that i need to get back into that. it's just difficult right now, with all the pain i'm in.

anyway, that's what i'm dealing with. i feel that i need to get off of these narcotics and hopefully get on something that's less addictive or not addictive at all. also, pain management would probably help, too. if i could get down to taking like 4 to 6 a day, the prescribed amount, then it wouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately, i can't do that, considering i'm addicted and need more and more to take the pain away. until i go through detox, i won't be able to cut down to that, if i have to continue taking them.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 545 (permalink)  

When my son started covering up his mouth when I was saying good night to him. I realized that one after I quit. Telling them you quit is different and then saying your mom is an alcoholic. I have never used that term with him. But he gets it.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 546 (permalink)  

we had a good time---we had alot of cute stuff--my friend makes jewelry--she didn't sell alot so she is kind of down on herself. she is also 7 months pregnant that could be part of her problem!!

i drank wine-- although i shouldn't have i did---i hardly ever drink anymore since i don't take painkillers--i had only 2 glassaes--and then left.

i feel guilty---but----i will try not to dwell on it !!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 547 (permalink)  

I had a craving tonight. I was bummed becuase I haven't seen that much of Steve since Saturday except for work. With the snow and all, he is pretty much work work till it is done and then sleeps for a day. Well, the Ex was at his place going over some crap tonight and I didn't hear from him for awhile. Was getting me bummed out.

When I finally heard from him he was all cranky because of an argument with her and didn't want to talk. MAde me sad and lonely.

My first image was a glass of Pinot Noir in a BIG glass, me sippin it and feeling better.

But lucky for me the liquor stores are closed and I was at the rink. Strongest temptations yet.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 548 (permalink)  

You shouldn't feel guilty. It wasn't your DOC. I just spent the night scrubbing down a purse I sold on ebay. It was dirtier than I thought.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 549 (permalink)  

good job petie-- i think you are a very strong woman!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
  # 550 (permalink)  

Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
  # 551 (permalink)  

I found another picture of your boyfriend Jackie
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 552 (permalink)  

Well, I have to get to bed. Can't stay up late again!!! I'll chat with you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Lurve ya and Misti, I'm thinkin bout you babe. Beezy, I'm glad all is okay. Ayla, I miss you!!!!!! NYC, hugs to you, Laura, Angela glad you are both here!

Jacks, get some good sleep girl. We'll time all weekend to chat. Hugs to yah and nitey night!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 553 (permalink)  

I'm on east coast time, so I'm checking out. Hope everyone has a restful night and I'll check in in the am.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 PM
  # 554 (permalink)  

good nite girls!!! i am going to bed also!!!!

lots of sugars from me!!!!! sugars-are kisses it is a southern thing!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 555 (permalink)  

same here. i'm on eastern time and i have been going to bed late every night this week... as much as i love talking with you all, i MUST get some sleep. i have another busy day at work tomorrow - 1 meeting from 10-11, then another from 11-12, then another from 1-3... fun fun fun. NOT!! well, it's not that bad. plus it's friday!! TGIF!! remember, though, that it's Friday the 13th!! BE SAFE, my friends!!

oh, and jackie - i'm doing good, thanx for asking. just tired. sorry about the medicine you're taking - what it's doing to you. that has to be a bummer... we will talk this weekend 4 sure!!

i will be on tomorrow night and can stay up later, since i don't work on sat. don't know about you all, though - your work schedules. but anyway, i look forward to chatting with you all this weekend...

nite nite...
Old 04-13-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 556 (permalink)  

Good morning, ladies! Anyone up? I'm having a small crisis.....
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 557 (permalink)  

I just dropped my daughter off at school, and she's in a complex of one of three schools. I saw a bunch of firetrucks and ambulances and police cars at another of the schools, and saw an accident that had ahppened between and police SUV and a truck. I figured that the reason for all of the hype was because a cop was invloved. It didn't look like anyone was hurt or anything. As I got home, I talked to neighbors and found out that the entire HS had been evacuated d/t a bomb threat. This is not my daughter's school, but it's right next to it. I'm not sure if I should bo back and pick her up or what. The worst keeps running through my mind, even though I know htat most of these are just that, threats and nothing else.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 558 (permalink)  

we used to have them at our school alot ---it was usually a kid calling them in that wanted to get out of math class !!! but i am not sure of this situation---just go with your gut feeling--if it tells you to get her so you feel better--i would go pick her up.

i am with you i would be worried also---i hope everything is ok!!! keep us posted on it!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 559 (permalink)  

hi Laura,
i would say "no"....stay at home...the schools have evacuation plans...they'll notify you if you need to pick up your kids. The last thing they need is a bunch of panicking parents running around there....that's just my opinion, doesn't mean i wouldn't be worried, but i wouldn't want to add to the confusion.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 560 (permalink)  

Youza Laura

never had that happen here, so I would panic, sounds like you have gotten some good advise, prayers all is ok