Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 601 (permalink)  

okay jane--here's my little moment of fantasy for the day.

we ranchhands get a ranch in scotland. at the foothills of the highlands near the sea...and desmond in his dashing kilt and faboo accent is one of our cowpokes.

the other option being we move the ranch to oahu and just live on set. hmm
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 602 (permalink)  

Thanks Scoot!!
no fever, but she is on antibiotics still, they think the bacteremia she had was Strep, arrhhh

I love her Dr though, she will tell me what's up, I hope
Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 603 (permalink)  

my guess would be sore throat
take her off the milk and put her on pedialyte...i forgot how old she is, but give her popsicles, rice, toast, crackers, stuff like that
i just went and bought my kids those tooth tunes, have ya'll seen those? the two middle kids really brush their teeth great, like four or five times....maybe once a week, lol
so, i went and got "walk away" for mikayla and "let's get it started" for jon...he is brushing his teeth now. it's pretty cool, as long as it is in contact with your teeth, the song plays. it's not great quality, but jon thinks it is fun
he's gonna wear the batteries out
on a good note for me....
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS
ALONG AND AHEAD OF A DRY LINE AND A WARM FRONT THAT WILL BE MOVING
INTO THE AREA. THE ATMOSPHERE WILL BECOME INCREASINGLY UNSTABLE
SOUTH OF THE WARM FRONT WHICH IS EXPECTED TO BECOME DRAPED ALONG THE
I-20 CORRIDOR BY MID AFTERNOON. STRONG WINDS IN THE ATMOSPHERE WILL
CHANGE DIRECTION WITH HEIGHT...WHICH MEANS THUNDERSTORMS WILL HAVE
THE POTENTIAL TO ROTATE AND PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT SEVERE WEATHER.
HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS...DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 70
MPH...AND TORNADOES WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE MOST SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS.

i am so excited, i loooooooooooove this weather! woo hoo
Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 604 (permalink)  

liss, i found my smilies again

here's the one you need

i'm still looking for one of a smiley kicking her spouse's butt out of the house
but here's one that might carry you through in the meantime...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 605 (permalink)  

Pookie- Sounds to me like her throat is so sore that the sucking motion with her bottle is hurting her, try a popcycle or spoon her some liquid. Let us know what the doc says.....sending prayers!

Misti,
I posted in your thread, sweetie, we are all praying for you, keep us up to date ok?

Well, as I am reading the responses to my posts this morning, I am overwhelmed with gratitude and love, the tears are freely pouring as I sit here and type this....(uh uh.....NO TEARS LMAO)

Thank You all so much for EVERYTHING!!!! Your support is more then you can ever imagine, I am not usually one to pour my heart out, I am usually the one that everyone comes to first. But this whole situation on top of me not being able to work with no income has really taken its toll. I keep telling myself that it is going to get better, I keep looking for that light at the end of the tunnel and so far nothing yet but I have hope, I just keep reminding myself that if I can get us through until checks come on Wednesday, it will be ok, at least for a little while. I called legal aid back and cried to them, explained my story and begged to possibly get a quicker appointment as I cannot get help and ZERO support unless I file for divorce....they told me to call back this afternoon, they will see what they can do. I am freakin SCARED!!!!! I never in all my life thought I would be divorced, I dunno what he will do when he finds out I am pursuing this ......(out of his control type thing) but I feel as though I have given him since November and now I have no choice.
CS and Beezy.....thank you both so much, I do not have a paypal account nor do I (or my parents) have a bank account anymore (Ex took care of that with bounced checks last year) and besides, at this point, I dont have a clue as to when I could repay you, but <cries harder> Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! I love you guys!!!!!

Well, he will be here any time to photoshop and email the pictures of Carla to the bowling alley. Mom scraped enough change for me to take the bus to about 1.5 miles from the lanes so that I can get this raffle done for Carla, hopefully I will find a ride home, it will be late and its about a 12 mile walk home, I am not taking the boys in case I do have to walk but Im not real keen on walking that far in the dark....ahhhh well, ya do watcha gotta do though and right now, Carla and Randy need me. Nobody else has stepped up to help, I hope they open their wallets for them tonite.

Oh and just to let you know, I am waiting to get in the shower etc. until he gets here, that will give me something to do to keep me busy until he leaves....

I love you all!!!!
~HUGS!~ Liss

P.S.
Laura, thanks for your brutal honesty......I need all I can get right now.....you all are my strength!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 606 (permalink)  

oh misti--my kids want those toothtunes too! let me know how they work out.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 607 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I have missed you all so much DANG DH for being home!!! But I am glad hes staying, the secrect email thing-- he was talking to my ex best friend ex because it was 2 friendly between her and my husband. He says they are only friends and he was hiding it because I FREAK out so i told him just to be honest with me and keep the communication w/her to a minimum hesaid okay, so things are looking up he even said he was gonna stay home tonight(hes been taking off every friday night)wish us luck i have ALOT to make up for. enough of me eveyone else
alexea,laura, lolli I have read all you post look forward to getting to know you!!! a liittle about me everyone knows DOC alcohol ANY KIND been sober 26 days today have 2 kids 7 and 9
bryan i would sit my happy butt right down and wait for LEGAL paperwork I just went through this w my brother they are responsible to get it done legally!!!
NYC AYLA BEEZY just wanted to say hello love the margirita thing nyc
Misti please come back sleep get well and come be with us your post helped me so much when I first came here WE NEED YOU!!!
Candy hoping you are not pregos negative vibes your way.
SOMEONE can't remeber who exactly (sorry so many) need to get rid of an ex you are way better then that he is getting his cake and eating it too! ((HUG)) easier said then done I know
Jackie sometimes ot talekes quite a while to get used to new meds just be patient

I also just wanted to take a moment to say how important it is we all have each other we know what we are talking about (1/2 bottle of wine putting juice in the Jack bottle so it looked full what was I thinking???) we are from all walks of life stay at home moms, teacheres exercise instructor, accoutning managers hairdressers some have more money some hjave less but we all have ! thing in common a struggle with ourselves with addiction and so there is no jugement only hope and support. I thank you ALL for that!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 608 (permalink)  

LMAO Scoot!!!!!

Thank You, I needed that <smiles through tears>

I will be back after he leaves...if he ever gets here, I wish he would just hurry up and get it over with LOL
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 609 (permalink)  

the sound is really tinny on them, and you have to push kinda hard....the music skips cause they are moving the brush around. it's not real good on little teeth, jon has some trouble hearing it. but, we have found that if you take the brush and hold it still while just mashing it against your teeth, lol, you can hear the whole song without skipping
it's cool for younger kids, but i think my 11 year old would get tired of it pretty quickly, although i am gonna get her one
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 610 (permalink)  

has anyone ever taken a drink or a bite of something that you thought was one thing, but was something else? like thought you were drinking a coke, but it was koolaid? thought you were dipping in ranch, but it was horseradish? you know how your mind kinda "gears up" for what you are going to be tasting (ok, or maybe i'm just weirder than i thought)...anyway, when we are grocery shopping, i pretty much let the kids throw anything they want in the basket, i don't even look. so today, i see a blue can of pringles in the closet. hmmmm, pizza pringles, so i grab a few
YUK *spit**cough* *wipe mouth*
salt and vinegar
and jon is eating them like crazy
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 611 (permalink)  

years ago when i was in college i worked at a deli. one time i got a spoon and took a bite of what i thought was tapioca. turned out it was whitefish. GACK!

i had never seen or heard of whitefish before--having grown up in a small town filled with "pennsylvania dutch" (ie, germanic) immigrants.

a mistake that i will never make again.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 612 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is closed due to its length.

It continues here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1288558