Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Notices

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

(((((Rae))))) I hope things turn around for you soon. I'm sure you'll hear good news about your apartment and you know that moods and illnesses pass. Your post with the monster about scared me last night! lol

Paula, thanks for taking care of Rae for all of us. I know her spirts are lifted by talking with you.

Dreamz, my goodness. It's terrible that you were so sick. You at least sound (and look) like you're better. So when is the moving date? You're still with your sister right now, thank goodness.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone ......it is 6am here and I am still around.........Yes I am doing more than I need to but someone has to keep the ball rolling on my end................

I have my hands full doing more that I can handle.....But nice to stay busy...............Christmas has come too fast and all these projects will pay off............Am thinking if the Raggedy Ann doll works out to do a few more for the fun of it............................First things first.....

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and all those of you that are sick.....I am praying for you all...........Stay warm and don't do too much.....

Off to get ready for a kids field trip to get pumpkins......and Apples......Will make carmel apples on sticks and coat them in nuts.....................Oh what fun this trip will be......to get lost in the corn maze and more so...........One thing is for sure there are no clouds in the sky except for the beautiful stars I saw when I took some trash out.......

Any way everyone have a wonderful day and I will catch up with you all later...........Hold down the fort for me........I am off for a quick walk as well before getting my day started and before the sun comes up.................Little Penguin
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Well, I'm pretty much back to "normal" (whatever that is)...feeling less bi_tchy and more today, and that's an improvement!

DREAMZ...sorry you've caught "the bug". If your ER is anything like the ones here, it's no wonder you were feeling better by the time you got home!
They seem to make you wait forever...unless you're complaining of chest pains or bleeding all over the place!

Penguin...sounds like you and the kids have a fun day planned. Enjoy!

Jane...are you "snowed in", or still digging out?

Thought for Today (love this one):

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
Jawaharal Nehru

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 10-27-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Dreamz! NOT the hospital! Oh, I hope you're still feeling better. If I lived near you I'd come over and take care of you, sweetie.

And, Rae--you were sick too? Well this is getting ridiculous. I'm glad your stomach bug passed. I wish I could come take care of you, too.

Penguin, I heard about a new fire in Riverside County, California--they're saying it was started by ARSON? Ugh.--24,000acres so far, and four firefighters killed. How sad. Is this anywhere near you, Penguin?

Boy, the weather was frightening here yesterday morning--we awoke to POURING SNOW. It was so wet it sounded like rain falling, and the wind was fierce. Driving the kids to school was interesting--thick slush is bizarre to try and steer through. But by 4:00 pm the inch or so of accumulated snow had melted. South of where I live, though, (as well as in the mountains) they were BURIED in a couple feet of heavy snow. My mom's power was out all of yesterday, and from what I hear there are still folks without electricity in Denver. So the main storm missed my place.

GREAT QUOTE, Rae!

Paula, those Dammit Dolls sound PERFECT, don't they?

Congrats, C'est! You're wearing green now! (You and Miss C--our HATZ celebrities. Very cool!)

Much love to all,
Jane
Old 10-27-2006, 04:09 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Are any of you familiar with the 12 Promises of AA (page 83 of Big Book)? I just love them...they only started to read them during the last few years at my home group.

The 12 Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

(1) We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

(2) We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.

(3) We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

(4) No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

(5) That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

(6) We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

(7) Self-seeking will slip away.

(8) Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

(9) Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.

(10) We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

(11) We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

(12) Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I am back and NO THE FIRE IS NOT CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE THANK GOODNESS........In fact I am a couple hours from it and it is burning the other way for now..............I heard about the 4 firefighters that lost their lives and another in critical condition..........................I hope they catch the person that started this one and make him pay big time for this......

The field trip was something else and I was asked to carry the FIRST AIDE KIT this isn't any little thing and a very large red fanny pack........Was ok with me as I have worked in the medical field for a long time and felt honored to do this job along with hanging out with four little kids as part of my group..........we had fun and my group was good.........

WE ACTUALLY GOT LOST IN A CORN MAZE if you can believe that.....Me with the first aid kit and a group of kids that grew more than I started with....No one had water and I had a pregenant Mom behind me that was getting tired and wanting out..............And a Dad that didn't realize there was a pregenant mom in front of him...........But realized we needed out and fast................................Yes ....we found the way out by following the noise from the street and that helped........besides the kids behind me saying....."we are brave".....all the way to the end.........It was no picnic in the corn maze..........................All I wanted was something to drink and get out of the dusty areas...........Then it was onto the Apple orchard to pick apples and have more fun................WHAT A TRIP we all had......School is over and all I want to do is find my bed for the next couple days.......................

I survived and that is the end of that......................Moral of the story......DON'T GET LOST IN THE CORN MAZE IF YOU EXPERIENCE ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME...........................

Love ya all as I think it is time to find that cozy bed of mine.........................Little Penguin
Old 10-28-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

A-Haunting we will go!

DON'T GET LOST IN THE CORN MAZE IF YOU EXPERIENCE ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME...........................
Penguin...the picture of you lost in the maze with everyone trailing behind you is just too funny for words! Reminds me of the bumper sticker, "Don't follow me...I'm lost, too."
Old 10-28-2006, 07:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I totally agree and wish the day had gone better......But no doubt it was fun......The kids running me over from behind was something else......guess I wasn't walking fast enough and they just wanted to walk over the top of me.........Funny thing is that the little one behind me was only two feet tall and tiny in size.......................Can such a little one really walk over me if he wanted.....?

Anyway this is another day and I am ready for anything...................The sun is out and will warm up the chilly air to 86 plus from what the weather man says...........................

I have already put together 4 Christmas boxes for "Operation Christmas Child" as they are being collected tomarrow and will be sent to a land far away to kids that don't get a chance to celebrate...........................Try to do something for other kids each year if I can......Makes me feel good even though we may not get to do much in my own house.......Best to give rather than recieve....................The rewards are greater from God when I give to others and I feel warm and cozy about that............I have a warm house and people inside that care about each other......Besides I have lots of craft projects to keep me busy for a long time.............Always come up with something that will use what I already have.............Making things out of wood will do here as my other half likes to do bird houses and we also do garage sales when the time is right to earn more money for the holidays.............

Well I am off to work on something...........Everyone that checks in today have a wonderful weekend and talk to ya all later.......................Hugs to all and warmer hugs to all those that are still sick....................Little Penguin
Old 10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Well look at this ......The day is almost over and we USA people have to set out clocks back to get an extra hour in this day.....................I hate when we have to do this........It is either ahead one hour or back one hour....................

Well , better think about changing the clocks in my house and say happy trails to you lovely people............I have done all I am going to do today.............Now time to think about how I am going to stretch all my money to last through christmas...........................Seems we are a bit short and it is always that way this time of the year.........Only because of some things that need to be paid this time of the year...........................Oh well............Hugs to everyone......................Little Penguin
Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Looks like you and I are the only ones who made it to HATZ today, Penguin. The rest must have "better things to do" on the weekend...ah, well.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi HATZ ers!

I am sending you all big healthy, happy, heartful hugs today((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))
Old 10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Checking in you guys. All is well here. I am feeling a wee bit frazzled. My dd is growing up and is full of full blown hormones not easily handled. She has been soooooo emotional. It's exhausting!

I hope you are all well...Dreamz? You alright?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Just poppin' up to say, "Hi, HATZ'ers!"

Hope veryone is well and enjoying a pleasant Sunday, wherever you are.

Thought for Today:

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon

Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey everyone...

Rae, thanks for that quote, I needed that today!

Etimee
Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Good Monday Morning, HATZ'ers!

My friends and I are getting ready for the Big Day

...bought lots of

for the little kids (the big kids, too) and am busy putting finishing touches on the costume.

Thought for Today

Hope is the dream of a man awake.
French Proverb
Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon--

Penguin, your corn maze story cracks me up. I've never been inside one, but I've heard they aren't as simple as one might think!

(Rae, your quote was appropriate after Penguin's little adventure.)

Well, it was a LONG, busy weekend here. Daughter had a basketball game Saturday, then a costume party to attend in the evening. My oldest son went to a friend's birthday party, and the rest of us (hubby, youngest son & I) worked around the house. We also had an awful fright with our greyhound--he hurt himself pretty badly while chasing a squirrel (ran into a wooden swingset) and has a 4-inch gash between his front legs near his throat. I thought he'd broken his leg, the way he was screaming (yes, screaming -ugh- a horrible sound) and carrying on, but thank God he didn't. Saturday was a long night filled with ice packs and pain meds for him, yesterday he was stiff and sore and couldn't do much of anything, but this morning he tried to chase another squirrel, so I guess he feels a bit better. You would not believe the bruise surrounding his wound--he's "fur-challenged" (bald) on his underside, so it really stands out--dark black & red, the size of a large pork chop. Poor old guy--he's such a dear.

I hope you all have a good day/night. Take care...

Jane
Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Saturday was a long night filled with ice packs and pain meds for him, yesterday he was stiff and sore and couldn't do much of anything, but this morning he tried to chase another squirrel, so I guess he feels a bit better.
It's just like having another kid in the house, isnt it, Jane? Glad it wasn't any more serious. Vet bills can be outrageous!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone...........Definetly NO MORE CORN MAZE FOR ME THIS YEAR....................I did it and that is enough for now.............................I have other exciting things to do on Halloween......Plan to dress up in black and wrap NEON ORANGE around my legs with little black spiders..........Then put on spider arm bands (4 total) around both arms and legs................The neon orange is to take the place of the spider webs as they already have spiders hanging out on them......................

This is just to go trick or treating with my 6 yr old and get home.......................Just don't want to get hit by a car.........and the Neon orange should help.......

Well I have lots to do before getting to bed.........Trying to work on a Harvest Day outfit for my kid as I am sewing sunflowers on the knees where they were torn out..........trying to repair damaged jeans to save then a bit longer and make good use of the Harvest day thing............All kids need jeans and a plaid shirt of some sort and I have done good so far and trying to do the sunflower thing on a zip up sweatshirt that is a faded green........................Will look so cool and didn't think I could help the situation of coming up with something..............................Ok I have confidence in any project I tackle.......................Talk to ya all tomarrow..............Little Penguin
Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

AT LAST!

Follow me, HATZ'ers, to the Halloween Parade! Hope you're all in costume...describe it to us. If you're not quite "dressed" yet, what would you be if you could choose any character (living or dead)...use your imagination to pique ours!

I won't keep you guessing...

here I am "in costume" as Lady Godiva (the G Rated version)...leading the Parade, of course. Lucky for me...the weather turned warm...going up to 70° today...otherwise, I'd be freezing my buns off!

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 10-31-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.........I am ready for this Halloween stuff to start ........But it isn't going till later tonight...........................I am going to wrap myself in Neon orange spider web stuff..........Will look cool and no one should be able to miss me........................Then I will have spider glow in the dark gloves for my hands and the rest dressed in black..........................

Other than that I will be busy carving pumpkins..............Not sure what I will come up with for the pumpkins but I have all day to think about it...................Have a wonderful day................Talk to ya all later..........Little Penguin