Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Notices

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Jane, hugs to you too.

Dreamz, yes, it is prounounced...Bravo-soo. It can be said as a compliment or it can also be said like "nice going" - being sarcastic.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Mmmmmn...I feel like I'm taking one step forward, two steps back.

My sister went to look at three condos for rent in a senior citizen development. She was very much impressed, and the rent was about $200. less than what I'm paying now. However, they insist on a credit check...which I know there is no way in H-LL I would pass!

It's a situation I was in large part responsible for...and, I knew it would come back to bite me in the butt eventually. Guess this is it. So, the move I was so looking forward to probably won't happen soon...if, at all.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

GOOD MORNING

Originally Posted by Raerob
(Reminds me of The Little Engine That Could..."I think I can, I think I can...")
Awww I LOVE that story. My mum used to read it to me when I was little - then she bought me the story with the cassette when I was tiny so I'd learn to read early, because she thought I was going to be a genius child...lol, I soon grew out of that!!!

Jane - When we were younger my sister played with my puppy as if she was a doll not a dog. I remember when we were younger coming in and seeing my sister brushing my puppies teeth and my puppy just sitting there patiently until it was over with the occasional tail wag for my sisters benefit!!!

Probably the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Originally Posted by Raerob
My sister went to look at three condos for rent in a senior citizen development. She was very much impressed, and the rent was about $200. less than what I'm paying now. However, they insist on a credit check...which I know there is no way in H-LL I would pass!

It's a situation I was in large part responsible for...and, I knew it would come back to bite me in the butt eventually. Guess this is it. So, the move I was so looking forward to probably won't happen soon...if, at all.
Oh Rae I'm sorry. Can you maybe send proof that you can pay. I'm not sure how its done there but here we get credit checks but we also have to show bank accounts, proof of income - basically show them that we are able to pay so the credit check is as heavily weigthed....does that make sense? Not so its not just the credit check ALONE - so if the credit check is bad you can make up for it in other parts!!!

Hope everyone else is doping great - penguin, c'est etimee, paula, boys, miss c

LOVE DREAMZ
Old 10-24-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone........Here are some much needed HUGS for you all......................You have been rather busy with all that typing and stuff that has been posted the last couple days....................More than enough to read............

I am around for a few minutes and then back to getting ready for my walk........YES I am still doing the walk thing and need to keep up with it...........The days are still warm here and nice.......So I am taking advantage while I can.........The leaves are changing here but not as much like the midwest and back east.............California is slow with the flow............................Well have a wonderful day and I hope to check in with you all later..............Little Penguin

Besides I am on a roll to make by hand a Raggety Ann doll for my little one this christmas..........I got all the stuff and realize it would have been more cost effective to just buy the doll rather than make one............But to make one means more I have been told..........................SO HERE WE GO ON LITTLE PROJECTS..............This will be fun as I enjoy myself .................Love ya all.......
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm afraid I'm not very good company today, being in what I call A DEEP BLUE FUNK!!!
Someone throw me a "life-line", PLEASE...before I
drown in self-pity! I hate feeling this way.

Went searching for some words of inspiration...this was the best I could come up with:

Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.
J. Petit Senn
Old 10-24-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Come on guys.

Time for a little Max love.
If you believe the president of the United States was on vacation 45%
of the time his first year I have some sand in Saudia Arabia I can sell you.
If you believe anything that propogandist Micheal Moore has to say for his own profit I have some ice in Antarctica I'd like to sell you.
I had a kid that always picked on me on the bus when I was a kid.
One day I had enough I punched him in the nose, he never picked on me again.
The people that hate us will exploit every sign of weakness.
Just as the bully on the bus did. When I showed him strength he backed off.
Max

Last edited by Max Oblivia; 10-24-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Awwww...Max, my dear Surrogate Son...I saw that you had just posted, and I thought you had come to cheer me up! I'm very disappointed, and STILL FEELING BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Ok I'll cheer you up Mother

Ok Rae,
Snap to soldier and give me 20 pledge of allegiance
And one star spangled banner.
Then say DVD 10 times.
I love to say DVD it always cheers me up.

Then I'll give you a back rub. If saying DVD doesnt work.
But Rae your not allowed to be in a funk your our fearless leader.
Love Max

Now say DVD outloud and like you mean it soldier!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Right now, I'm your cheerless leader, and saying DVD just ain't cuttin' it, Son. Think I'll go eat some chocolate!

Just so there's no misunderstanding, my mood has nothing to do with the recently passed Act, Bush, or Michael Moore...it's strictly personal, so don't wax political on me! I need not
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

OK, Rae.....I'm gonna do my best here. I hope it doesn't sound silly....

First, though, don't give up on the idea of moving in with your sister--that's just ONE condo community, right? Surely there are others. And even if that place insists on a credit check, there's more to choosing tenants than that. Maybe if the management met you and your sister, and saw that you are able to pay the more expensive rent where you currently live, they would be open to you moving there.

Some quotes:

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~Dr. Seuss

"When the world says, 'Give up,'
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.'"

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa

Hi Max--How good to see you! (I have to agree--I don't trust Michael Moore as far as I could throw him....)

How sweet, Penguin--you're making a doll! It'll be WAY better than a store-bought one.

Dreamz, I love the story about your sister and the dog--I can just see it!

I hope the rest of you are having good days/nights--more hugs to you Etimee, Paula, C'est, and all.....

Jane
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

OH, YES, Rae---chocolate is ABSOLUTELY necessary today!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Rae, here's a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN, just for you...

Old 10-24-2006, 08:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

http://www.123mycodes.com/myspaceprank/boobflash.swf
http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf
Ok Rae,
See if this works.
If not I'll keep trying.
Max
Old 10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Corrrrr, Id like to have 2 please,...and we can all share ..... ....!

Just wondering if antone has seen (((Scotty))) for awhile,...!

Big Love to ((((((((ALL))))))) the HATZ's..... ...!

You lot do keep it rollin...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rae, if I could, I would make my way over there... just to give you this... and a hug to let you know how much I care that you are feeling blue.

Here's a joke for you...(from my dd)

There were 3 guys...Shuttup, Manners & Poop

Poop fell down and Shuttup went to go find help

He met a police officer. "What's your name?" The police officer asked.
"Shuttup," Shuttup answered.
"Hey, where are your Manners", the police officer yelled.
"Out on the road, picking up Poop", Shuttup replied.

OK, I have a very funny thing about how a woman takes a shower and then how a man takes a shower, should I post it for you to smile a wee bit more?

Etimee
Old 10-24-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

YES! post the shower thing, Etimee--I think I've seen that before, and it is hilarious....
Old 10-24-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A WOMAN:

1. Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks.

2. Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown. If you see your husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

3. Look at your womanly physique in the mirror -- make mental note must do more sit-ups.

4. Get in the shower. Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and
pumice stone.

5. Wash your hair once with Cucumber and Sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins.

6. Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean.

7. Condition your hair with Grapefruit Mint conditioner enhanced with natural avocado oil. Leave on hair for fifteen minutes.

8. Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for ten minutes until face is red and raw.

9. Wash entire rest of body with Ginger Nut and Jaffa Cake body wash.

10. Rinse conditioner off hair (you must make sure that it has all come off.)

11. Shave armpits and legs. Consider shaving bikini area but decide to get it waxed instead.

12. Scream loudly when your husband flushes the toilet and you lose the water pressure.

13. Turn off shower.

14. Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mould spots with Tilex.

15. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small African country. Wrap hair in super absorbent second towel.

16. Check entire body for the remotest sign of a zit, tweeze hairs.

17. Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head.

18. If you see your husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas and then sashay to bedroom to spend an hour and a half getting dressed.

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A MAN:

1. Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in pile.

2. Walk naked to the bathroom. If you see your wife along the way, shake wiener at her making the "woo-woo" sound.

3. Look at your manly physique in the mirror and suck in your gut to see if you have pecks (no). Admire the size of your wiener in the mirror and scratch your ass.

4. Get in the shower.

5. Don't bother to look for a washcloth (you don't use one).

6. Wash your face.

7. Wash your armpits.

8. Blow your nose in your hands, then let the water just rinse it off.

9. Crack up at how loud your fart sounds in the shower.

10. Majority of time is spent washing your privates and surrounding area.

11. Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs on the soap bar.

12. Shampoo your hair (do not use conditioner).

13. Make a shampoo Mohawk.

14. Peek out of shower curtain to look at yourself in the mirror again.

15. Pee (in the shower).

16. Rinse off and get out of the shower. Fail to notice water on the floor because you left the curtain hanging out of the tub the whole time.

17. Partially dry off.

18. Look at yourself in the mirror, flex muscles. Admire wiener size again.

19. Leave shower curtain open and wet bath mat on the floor.

20. Leave bathroom fan and light on.

21. Return to the bedroom with towel around your waist. If you pass your wife, pull off the towel, shake wiener at her, and make the "woo-woo" sound again.

22. Throw wet towel on the bed. Take 2 minutes to get dressed.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OK...I'm off the pitty pot...putting on a Happy Face to keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yippee, Rae, nice to have you back!

I can sleep peacefully now. :-)

Good night, Sweet Dreams(z)

Etimee
Old 10-24-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

BTW...here I am on the pity-potty

I try not to wallow...just indulge myself for a couple of hours...then suck it up and get on with things! Thanks for all the encouragement...the chocolate fountain which I am mentally slurping...the "bathroom" humor that had me laughing hysterically! I know where to come when I'm out of sorts.

Oh...my sister called to tell me the realtor said the credit report came back...his exact words: "It's atrocious!" Tell me something I don't know, mister.

Without getting specific...it would take a lot more than pleading with the renter or offering to pay more security. I'm resigned (for now, at least) to continue to make the best of a bad situation. Something will turn up eventually, I'm sure. My sister will keep looking, and I'll keep praying.