Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Notices

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to the New Year and lots of other things................will stay busy and decided to take my little one shopping with me to Macy's ..........I have a gift card to make us of .....One of those christmas gifts that just won't go away till you use it....................Time to pamper myself which I never do................Oh what joy.......

Trying to stay warm with all this cold wind blowing around today......and the lights going out all day.............Poor little gold fish .....we just got them and now they have a cloudy tank...........What to do......Maybe too many fish hanging out or something............5 fish for a 5 gallon tank.....Like I said , maybe too many fish for the tank..........Will have to think about it ..........

Have a good night everyone and talk to you tomarrow..............Time to call it a night.........
Little Penguin
Old 12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Anyone hear from Dreamz???????

Worried that something is wrong and feel the need to pray for this little one......................

Does someone have another way to check on Dreamz? I can't , and wish I did.....but will leave it up to someone that lives close by.................might be better........Please check for me.............have a concern...........Dreamz was to send something my way for christmas and not sure if it really is on the way.....................Last contact it wasn't sent yet......Have a feeling Dreamz met up with some old friends while staying with parents for the Holidays........

Hugs to you all tonight and have a wonderful warm cozy night.................Time for me to find a warm blanket to crawl under.....................Little Penguin
Old 12-27-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Penguin...Dreamz is in Australia, I believe. I don't know if any of the other Aussies know how to reach her. Just pray that she's OK and that her HP is watching over her.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yeah, I've been thinking about Dreamz, too....her last post sounded like she was struggling. I think she's a "greeter" or something on another recovery sight aimed at teens, but I don't know what site that is. Rae, you're right--we just need to trust that her HP is watching over her. I'm praying for her, too, Penguin....I really do miss her.

xo
Jane
Old 12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Ditto Ladys ...Hopes n wishes to ((((Dreamz)))))...xXx...!

Sorry i did'nt drop by on Chritmas day Ladys just abit shakey with it that was All...!

Wishing you a Great New year and hopeing you ALL had a Fantastic Chrimbo..

Love to you ...Ladys...xXx...
Old 12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm not too sure about our "designated" driver for NYE...we'd better keep a close eye on him!

BTW...other than not to drink (which is a given), is anyone thinking of making any NY's resolutions?

I've made just one, since (for some reason) I've been having a craving for lobster for the past several days! Haven't had any at all for about 10 years...and have never cooked it at home...always ate it at restaurants. I am going to buy some tails over the weekend, since I've resolved not to go into 2007 still craving lobster!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

WOO HOO! You go for it, Rae! I've never cooked lobster--I'd probably ruin it, anyway. I'll bet yours is fabulous.

I don't know about that designated driver you have up there.....clowns give me the heebie-jeebies!

COULRAPHOBIA - fear of clowns
Resolutions?.......Hmmmmm....seems like my life is one big changing resolution. I'll have to think on that.

Hi Arura! Good to see you--any plans for the New Year?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

I hate making resolutions, but I would LOVE to quit smoking. Argh, I hate that I smoke!!!

Hugs
Old 12-28-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks jane, rae and everyone.....I will pray for Dreamz as I know she can use the prayers..........I do remember her last post was troubling a bit...............

Those clowns are something else rae....wouldn't trust them to give me a ride home..........Pretty funny though...

Lobster is easy to cook.....just boil the suckers and watch out that they don't bite you on their way in the water.....Just put a lid on them fast..............I remember doing them with the other Penguins when I lived in Oregon........Someone gave us a treat of tons of Lobsters..................Was rather fun ..................I was in charge of cooking the little guys....if you can believe that ....

Give it a try and watch out.....usually they have rubber bands on their claws so they will not grab you..............make sure the water is boiling before you drop the puppy in...........

Have fun and let me know how they taste.......Not sure how long to leave them in the water.........Remember it didn't take too long.........................They have to be pink in color before coming out.....................Be the judge.........

Good night everyone........need to finish my Hot cider......Needed something to keep me warm.................................Little Penguin
Old 12-29-2006, 06:26 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Thanks for the lobster-cooking tips, Pigeon...but, I'm going a simpler way. Tails are on sale this week...so, I'm buying a couple to broil...also, steak is on sale...Surf & Turf, anyone?

Jane...my father owned a circus...clowns were my baby-sitters/friends until I was 9 years old...I have clown prints all over my living room walls.

BTW...are you getting more snow out your way? I think you're getting our share and then some, since we have had nary a flake so far!

Paula...since it's an addiction, you'll quit when you're ready...much the same as drinking. I smoked for as long as I drank; and, it took six years in AA before I was ready to quit smoking. It was harder to quit the ciggies than the booze.

Now that the year is winding down, I'm getting a bit wound up...planning what we're going to eat the two days. So much is on sale this week...they've given me way too many choices. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

We always have a bit of pickled herring at midnight "for good luck"...don't know where the tradition originated...good thing we happen to like it...although we never eat it at any other time but NYE. Anyone else have any traditions...food, or otherwise...for NY's?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:36 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is closed due to its length and will continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1153294