Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-09-2023, 01:45 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

End of day 9 , today was a little rough , anxiety was pretty damn high ( tight neck , tightness in my chest ) but i got through it , usually i calm down at night , plus i exercised , 1 h on the bike today , tomorrow i will do the bike in the morning ( 30 minutes ) and lift weights in the afternoon , exercise helps me to stay sane through all of this.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi all

just checking in at the end of day 11. Super busy at work which keeps me occupied but also aggravates the AV. But I don’t need drink to cope through stress so this evening I’ve been for a swim. I’m proud of myself for that and it feels good I gave the finger to the AV today.

anyway double figures now with 11 day’s complete. 😊
Old 01-09-2023, 02:18 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

9 days and 11 days are wonderful, guys. ❤️
Old 01-09-2023, 02:28 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

great advice here guys

D
Old 01-09-2023, 03:01 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Closing out Day Six; I use the Quitzilla app and it helps me keep on track. My last drink was at 8 pm so my 24 hour goal ends at 8 pm.

My headache is 99% gone as I’m more properly hydrated. Proud of our class, let’s stay together 💚😊
Old 01-09-2023, 03:08 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Really glad to hear that your headache is almost gone, love. ❤️
Old 01-09-2023, 05:35 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Day 9, work was okay just some aggravating issues. I definitely don’t drink on Mondays when I’m working so the AV isn’t bad. I’m feeling stuck and in limbo. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll cheer up more.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:49 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just dropping by to say Classmates and as @windysan would say "it twerks if you twerk it"
Old 01-09-2023, 07:04 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

JulySeaCoast, good job on Day 6. I had headaches in the first few days due to not drinking enough water, too.

Tica, I hope tomorrow is better for you, too. It's so good you know that an aggravating day won't last.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:11 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

7 days done! 😀.. Usually work from home but going into the office today after only a couple of hours sleep but I'm OK with that. Tired but still better than most Tuesday mornings!

Feeling like I've turned a bit of a corner, feeling a little better everyday.

Happy Tuesday everyone ❤️
Old 01-10-2023, 01:56 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 100.

To all in early days, please stay focused on making your sobriety and self care your number one priority. Everything else is secondary at the early stages. Once that becomes your new normal the problems and challenges we are face become more manageable to deal with.

Best to all on your journeys.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:40 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Laza-, FDL-,JSC, tica- and Wes. Congrats on your days, keep up the good work
wow Runner! 100 days is awesome!

I pledge another day alcohol free.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:31 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Day 3 check in here. Good to hear of so many on a good track.

Decided to wfh today due to torrential rain this morning. Never my most work productive days but I’m going to do a bit of self-care with some stretches and exercise. Felt very tired this morning as my body adjusts again to sobriety.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:36 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Originally Posted by RunnerF View Post
Pledging for today. Day 100.

To all in early days, please stay focused on making your sobriety and self care your number one priority. Everything else is secondary at the early stages. Once that becomes your new normal the problems and challenges we are face become more manageable to deal with.

Best to all on your journeys.
Runner! 100 days! It's like you could just keep going forever! Happy dance!!!!

Old 01-10-2023, 05:25 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Day 10
Hope everyone has a nice day
Old 01-10-2023, 05:32 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

My house is asleep around me, and I treasure their rest.

But, every day, I wake up EARLY and completely. Before my alarm goes off, my mind sits straight up in bed and says, "Thank you!" I'm training it to ask: "What do you want for/from me today, God?" I'm training it to listen for the answer within me.

I've found that those first 10 minutes or so that my brain is awake and my body is at rest, are so restorative and peaceful. They are the perfect time to sit quietly in the presence of Power. To be in awe of It and willing to listen to It.

If I am aligned with Power, I am willing to accept (eventually even embrace!?) whatever unfolds. There is no need to label and fight against. My humanity regularly rebels against this concept (I don't want to walk through 9 miles of sleet on my route!!! It's not fair that my sweet pastor is ill!!!) But truly, when I open my mind to God's will and allow myself to be moved by Power, as Julian of Norwich said, “All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.”

Yesterday, I ran my first solo postal route (success!) in the bright, winter sun. Sang and talked to myself the whole time - I know I looked like a crazy woman, but I got finished in a reasonable time! I watched my youngest RUN, giddy with excitement, his backpack bouncing up and down, toward his buddies at basketball practice. I danced with my middle son while loading the dishwasher and listening to him "try" to remember the lyrics to Vampire Weekend songs. Last night, alone in the dark, I ate the most delicious vanilla ice cream out of an antique teacup with "Awake My Soul" by Mumford and Sons on repeat. I held hands with my husband while falling asleep.

What abundance! What decadence when I choose to see it!

Sobriety opens the door to this abundance. I thought giving up substances would be sacrificing fun, connection, creativity, and passion, but I was as wrong as I could possibly be. Just shows you what I know (not much).

Love to all walking this path with me. Thanks for sharing your stories, struggles, and successes. You make my day!

-TC
Old 01-10-2023, 05:38 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Congratulations to us all for staying sober! 100 days is amazing, Runner!

First night with the puppy went great! Her energy sure sparked up this morning! I’m going to have very busy days ahead of me 😅

Today is going to be busy, so I’m already looking forward to coming home. I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday.

Staying committed to my sobriety on day, 35!
Old 01-10-2023, 05:44 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for your recognition, kind words and support. It is comforting to know we are not alone on this “addiction planet”. It would definitely be lonely and much harder to survive if it wasn’t for all of you no matter where you may be in your journey.
Old 01-10-2023, 05:45 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for your recognition, kind words and support. It is comforting to know we are not alone on this “addiction planet”. It would definitely be lonely and much harder to survive if it wasn’t for all of you no matter where you may be in your journey.
Old 01-10-2023, 05:57 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Very happy to be here on another sober day and I'm so glad to see everyone doing well. Runner-massive congrats on 100 days--that's fantastic, and I can't wait to get there too.

Waking up grumpy (which I did this morning) is a million times better than waking up with a hangover or with both.

It's a grey January day here in PA, and there are lots of challenges on the horizon for me to deal with but none that would be made better by drinking.

Peace, Love and Sobriety to all!