Notices

One Year And Under Part 71

Old 07-20-2022, 06:48 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks y’all. I’ll find out tomorrow how it all turns out.

meanwhile I’m kind of frozen and dissociated

I hope you all are having a good week
Old 07-20-2022, 11:15 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

One Day At A Time Plenny, stay strong.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hi underlings (under a year) - day 71 for me

Hi Plenny - I eat frozen sweet corn 🌽 as a substitute for ice cream (it's like little bits of vanilla ice cream - for me an 1/8 of a cup does the trick to get rid of the craving)

where I live the government has released millions (or billions) of genetically modified mosquitoes, and these things are mega-toxic and insatiable vampires

the bites I have on my legs arms and face weep and swell up into hard lumps 3 inches across and itch like the devil (tickling me with a feather)

my nose swelled up and my right eye went funny (bitten on top of the nose to the right) - I'm using antibiotic potion and I've cut my finger nails right down to the meat - I'm not as swollen as I was but the itching is making me bananas

anyway - well done if you did another day in these trying times :-)

Old 07-23-2022, 01:27 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ouch Red, that sounds painful look after yourself mate. I know malaria kills more folk worldwide than just about any other single issue, so they're trying to stop mosquitoes passing that on. Plus there are other diseases they carry that are lethal. I think the hope is the GM ones will take over, breed, interbred, whatever as they do have other uses so we cannot annihilate an entire species.

How's it going Plenny?
Old 07-25-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi tootsl1 - weather has got cooler and I think the mosquitoes have died (no more bites for days) :-)

bit of insomnia so came here for a read - not much seems to have happened here recently (has everybody gone back to drinking?) - just checking in really ...

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Old 07-25-2022, 05:19 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

No. Still good here, day 331
Old 07-26-2022, 12:42 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Red, I think there are other threads here a bit more active that folks mainly go on, so it can get a little quiet here at times, but as far as I know everyone is ok.
Old 07-26-2022, 06:21 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I'm one that posts on lots of different threads and when I get busy I don't post on many at all.

I hope your bites are healing up red that sounds quite severe.

I also hope your car and bicycle situation sorts itself out plenny. Ironically one of the things keeping me away was car repairs on my old car (it's almost 30 years old) I totally sympathise with your predicament and I'm in the exact same position. Its hard to get ahead/keep up sometimes.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Plenny, where are you sweetie? I hope all is well .
Old 07-31-2022, 12:53 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hello!!!

I saw a few of you checking in on me.

after my recovery from covid I had a lot of catch up to do

I am working my office gig, and I am working on the cooking show. All is well enough I’m just overly busy. But I’m hoping this will help out financially so I can be in an ok place to maybe go back to school

redcard, I did not know they were releasing GM mosquitos! That is wild! Are you ok?
Old 07-31-2022, 12:57 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

My car seems the same. Same noises same growling. My mechanic did a lot of work. I can’t afford more yet so I just pray. Picking up the bike from the shop today too. Ugh.

I will admit I also got into a bit of a depression about my ex. I miss him. And I wish I didn’t! It’s been almost two years. I don’t really understand it.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:18 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Plenny perhaps you're missing the intimacy of having a partner, someone to share things with. It's easier to miss a specific person than someone you have yet to meet. You have to believe that if you put yourself out there, the right person will cross your path. In the meantime, perhaps think of things you can do that may increase your personal contact with others.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:18 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hoping all are plugging along. First year the toughest.WE GOT THIS!!!!
Old 08-03-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

First year is totally the hardest, in so many ways. There are all the 'firsts' first birthday, first Christmas, first argument, first celebration, first party all of which have to be navigated using our newfound sober tools as we figure which works best. Then with sobriety we deal with our personal awakening, the realisation of all the time we wasted, all the people we hurt, all the lost opportunities. We also begin to see we need to make certain changes and can be overwhelmed at what we need to deal with.
all of the above is why ODAAT is so important. Planting one foot in front of the other, dogmatically, sometimes painfully, occasionally joyously when we realise our 'big wins' but putting another sober day in our back pocket is sometimes all we can do.
I bang on about how it gets easier, because it really, honestly does. I could never have conceived of being where I am now in sobriety, back when I first began treading my uncertain path, but with perseverance and support I got through the first 12 months. I know, I firmly believe every single person here has the same ability. You just have to have that same belief in yourself.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:40 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

hi :-)

day 84 - had to check how long .. thought I had done at least 100 days (dragging a bit)

I'm getting a bit fatter each day even though I'm trying to eat healthy and do exercise ?
(I'll work on one problem at once - when I get to three months sober I'll try to deal with the pork situation)

hi Plenny - a cooking show -sounds great and free food (I want that job as long as it's not cooking tripe)

hi
tootsl1 - I'm kinda contrary to you - the second year is so hard for me I have never done it (but plenty of 1+ years)

anyway well done if you did another day :-)
Old 08-03-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I guess Red, the first year is about recovery, the second year is about learning to live a sober life and that can take some coming to terms with and making the commitment. At least you have built up plenty of tools to help you with the job! As for the weight, I had a similar issue, but I began an exercise plan which helped as I wanted to regain some of my fitness going into my 50's now I'm 58 and still golf as often as I can and try for three 5k runs a week. Miss Molly struggled to keep up, so I don't always take her!
Old 08-08-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
I'm back. I had a slip, TBH, but I'm back. I need this to be it--sober for good--so I am throwing everything at it to make sure I accomplish it.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good to see you Samwitch! I had slips too before finally gaining some traction….Don’t give up!
Old 08-08-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Checking in, folks! ODAAT here, amazed August is here again 😀

I saw Halloween cards at a local drugstore last night 😫🧙🏼‍♀️🧛🏼🦹🏼‍♂️🦸🏻‍♀️
Old 08-08-2022, 07:32 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

hi

hi samwitch - welcome back (I had a drinking spell a few months ago - but like you I got back into the sober groove as soon as I could)

up and downs at the mo - a powers supply failed and took out two security cameras - more money gone :-(
and some LTO batteries from China (£528.86 worth) have turned out to be fake (heavily-used/scrap 30Ah batteries repackaged and relabelled as new 45Ah) - so I'm down about £500 on the batteries and not much hope of a refund

but on the upside - I've found some super-duper crystal VU meters in a cupboard (in kit form that just need a bit of soldering) (I forgot I bought these) - look how nice they are when assembled (lights go up and down with the music you a playing):

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)