Notices

One Year And Under Part 71

Old 07-06-2022, 06:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all-
Hope everyone is doing well! Hot and humid in my part of the world today--even at 6AM while I was out walking the dog. Yikes!
Old 07-06-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

hi

it's cold and dark in England (like a bad November day) - everybody seems kinda sad

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)
Old 07-06-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone
Old 07-06-2022, 11:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post
hi

it's cold and dark in England (like a bad November day) - everybody seems kinda sad

Red, you're making me appreciate the heat and humidity here, thanks!
Old 07-06-2022, 01:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I hope you’re feeling ok Plenny
Look after yourself, hopefully you don’t get too sick, it seems to vary so much between different people and different strains.

I am trying to remember work life balance Toots. I would much prefer to work less, but unfortunately I need the money, so seem to end up working more!

I went to the dentist for a clean yesterday (shudder) and I’ve been having sensitivity issues since, actually super sensitivity in one area of a lower incisor, with stabbing/shooting pain associated with one particular area. The dentist (or assistant, I’m not sure which) also pressed (I was going to say stabbed, but that sounds deliberate and I’m sure it was accidental) an instrument of some kind into the soft parts under my tongue at one point, and it’s swollen and sore. So I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself today. But I’ll be ok. I took paracetamol for it yesterday and may have to again today. Got to go to work, but I’ll ring the dentist if it doesn’t settle down in the next couple of days. I just don’t want to walk back through that door….
Hopefully I don’t have to go back anytime soon. If only I could remember to floss more often…. Actually she said I need a filling but it’s not urgent, it’s a “ditch” from brushing apparently, so I’ve put it off awhile. Apparently I brush too hard. I had no idea that was even a thing…
Old 07-06-2022, 03:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

ouch willow - mine seem to settle down after a few days - maybe a sensitive toothpaste could help too?

D
Old 07-06-2022, 10:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Yes I think I have some sensodyne lurking somewhere in the bathroom cabinet Dee
Old 07-07-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

hi
(hi samwitch - get some sun for me)

I'm still moping around in the Arctic (England) - and the monthly forecast is more cold and more rain )-:

sorry about your teeth Willow00 - dental assistants and paid ridiculously low wages so they get twisted and sadistic (in my experience) - I stopped going to the dentist about 5 years ago and now have natural yellow teeth that seem to amuse people and repel synthetic women (nice bonus)

how you doing Plenny with covid - I don't know anybody who had it bad (and that's those who were and were not jabbed) - just mild colds

Old 07-08-2022, 01:25 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

woops! - went funny and multiple posted
Old 07-08-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

woops! - went funny and multiple posted
Old 07-08-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

hi

day 58 - still a bit meh recovering this time, and I only had a mild relapse for a few days after 5 months sober ???

just goes to show - even a small amount of alcohol can do serious damage to your brain (in the hormone regulation department, for example, as seems to be with me) if you have been a chronic heavy drinker and have fragile brain cells that cannot take another hit without dying or going haywire

the sick thing is I'm getting this sneaky narrative, "drinking and quitting has messed up your autonomic physiology leaving you constantly tired and drained - so the only way to fix it is to drink for a while then quit to reset your functions" (I'm not actually hearing this - it's just an implanted idea)

I'm not going to drink - you don't heal a wound by stabbing it deeper

it's not all kittens and rainbows being sober - but you do need kittens and rainbows from time to time

Old 07-08-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

You're doing well Red, and it's true sobriety doesn't make life automatically better, but it gives you the tools to make life better for yourself.

How are you doing Plenny?

Willow and Samwitch

Be Strong my friends
Old 07-09-2022, 01:19 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi

the sun came out for a few minutes - but it is still coldish

well done if you did another day :-)
Old 07-09-2022, 06:03 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hello to my fellow undies (I love that &#128514, and too toots and purps who I believe are graduates.

I find the nonsense the AV comes up with is so annoying red, good on you for ignoring it, keep going ☺️

Old 07-09-2022, 06:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Zura, Red, and friends

Good to see you all
Old 07-09-2022, 10:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Zura, how's things going? Yes, our AV will say anything, promise anything, bargain anything, it will shout, it will whisper it will nag and it will goad. Our addiction wants us to feed it. Like a child, it will not alter its behaviour unless we alter ours. I only graduated from the Undies, because I found different ways of coping with life and used different tools to manage my AV. And like a child it goes quiet and behaves better the fewer rewards it's bad behaviour gets.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:38 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Purps, I'm well thanks toots, hope all is well with you both ☺️ for sure, I'm lucky that my AV doesn't bother me often, yes petulant child has been given an eternal time out!!
Old 07-10-2022, 07:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey everybody I’m pulling out of it. Woke up today (Day 6) feeling awful still but toward the end of the day much much better! Isn’t it weird how it lifts sort of suddenly? The brain fog is clearing too I remembered how incredibly heavy my head felt a few days ago

Willow I also brush my teeth too hard but I can’t seem to train myself out of it. How’s your tooth pain and did they give you any tips on brushing gently?

sorry for disappearing like that I think the days became a total blur at some point

Old 07-10-2022, 07:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Plenny

D
Old 07-11-2022, 01:00 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Plenny, Willow, I had an electric toothbrush that lit up when you brushed too hard, it helped me to get used to using the correct pressure. (I still have the toothbrush, I use it -exclusively I hasten to add - for Miss Molly. I was told off by the vet for not cleaning her teeth and she is such a well behaved dog I was sure she would let me use an electric brush - and she does!)

I hope everyone is doing well, Plenny I'm glad you're coming out of your covid illness, take it easy as you convalesce as I know a few folk who backslid into a fatigue for trying to do too much too soon.