# 102 (permalink)  

Hi FiveTries!
Good job getting through that first week. Week+
Old 05-27-2021, 09:48 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks everyone

I hope your dog settles soon and you get some sleep Phoebe
Aww, thanks Willow. As predicted, he showed up when I pulled out lunch meat, cheese, and lettuce. 😋. Believe it or not, he loves the crunch romaine ends. 😂
Old 05-27-2021, 10:13 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FiveTries View Post
Jumping in on day 8
Welcome to the group dear FiveTries! ❤️
Old 05-27-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DRMax View Post
Hi guys.

Hope you all are well today. I've been AWOL from the group of late but happy to say I've remained sober and today is day 30!

​​​​​Not gonna lie. It's been a tough week or so (anxiety, low mood, triggers etc) but I'm still here. Gonna go back and catch up on everyone's posts!!
Congrats on 30 days DrMax! ❤️
Old 05-27-2021, 11:20 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Welcome Jase and FiveTries! We're glad to have y'all here

And for those of you discussing the normalization of substance abuse in the workplace... what is UP with that? My training for my new job went very well and I really like everyone there. However, closing time came around and my new coworkers started drinking and smoking pot after clocking out. I was so overwhelmed. Nobody offered me anything, thank goodness, because I'm not sure if I would have said no. I distanced myself from those who were partaking and found myself talking to the host. I asked him if everyone always gets wasted after work, and he said, "yes, but not me," so I confided in him and told him I'm a recovering addict. He knows that if he ever sees me getting into that stuff to slap it out of my hands. I'm glad I have one person to keep me accountable there.

I told my dad about my concerns with the environment. I don't want to set myself up for failure but I need this job. He understood my worries and we decided that I need to be randomly drug tested, since they don't do that at my new job. I agreed to it, and I know what'll happen in I fail a test- I'll be kicked out. Now I have no room for failure and I need to follow my rules.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thanks Citrus, Venus and Kitten ❤

Happy Birthday for yesterday Willow. Hope you had a good 1 👍

Welcome to the group Rah, Deep Blue, Dusty Fox, Jase, FiveTries and Primativo (apologies if I've missed anyone). Hope your all liking it here

Had a bad few days at work and ended up going inside myself a bit the last week or so. Anyway..... think I've just about snapped out of it now and it's good to be back😉!!
Old 05-27-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Willow! Do you live near a beach? Wouldn't it be awesome if you just told your husband and friends, "Hey, meet me at the beach and we will celebrate my birthday!" No choices, no apologies. Wow. I wouldn't do it either, but I wish I was the kind that would.
Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Today is my son's birthday, too. He just turned 35. Yikes, I must be an old lady!
Hello to the May 2021 class. I hope to join you in staying sober. Very interesting class! I have known a few of you for years. I am also in the May 2020 class. I had about nine months sober last year, I think. It was marvelous. I got stressed out and lonesome and not paying attention and relapsed. So sad. But, I think I can make it back with your help.
Just for today, I will be clean and sober. I hope you all will be too.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group Sober 369👋
Old 05-27-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Welcome Jase and Fivetries and Sober369

Congratulations on 30 days DRMax

Happy that’s so good that you talked to your host (is that the same as boss?) about it. So many people (me included) used to get plastered after work when I was in the hospitality industry. Uggh. It’s fantastic that you have someone on your side. That is a huge bonus!

Hi Karen and Kittencat, next year I’m definitely going to the beach for fish and chips (yes I am very lucky to live close to the beach, on the east coast of Australia).

My birthday dinner turned out quite nice actually. One other person sitting next to me was also not drinking (on a weight loss diet) so I wasn’t the only non drinking person. Although I was determined not to drink regardless, I did have some real concerns that I might be tempted by the dreaded sneaky AV monster that wiped me out at the music festival recently I had sparkling water, a delicious dinner and cake, yum! We were only there for a couple of hours. The drinkers had about 3 drinks each but nobody got plastered. Everyone had work the next day (today).

Happy birthday to your son Karen! And it’s so good to see you here I had a long stint sober after I joined the May 2018 class (3 years ago!) and sadly went back to the bottle, multiple times. But this time my determination is even stronger than ever to stay sober.

Day 12 today
I hope you all have a good day.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:02 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Free.

I hope your day is mild, safe, and sober, friends.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

You too TC
Old 05-27-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it was ok Willow - and happy birthday

Welcome FiveTries & sober369 - congrats on 30 days DRMax

D
Old 05-27-2021, 03:37 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Glad everyone is ok. I am on day 13 and feeling motivated but very tired and would so love to sleep for two days, but my dear children would never let me!
-my biggest challenge at the moment is not to get angry between 7 - 8 pm which is when I would be thinking about drinking -that is when I feel as if I just need no one to speak to me and to get out of the house as my reaction to withdrawal seems to be anger. Anyway as the weekend approaches I wish everyone calm and resolve and a good nights sleep.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Happy Birthday Willow! Do you live near a beach? Wouldn't it be awesome if you just told your husband and friends, "Hey, meet me at the beach and we will celebrate my birthday!" No choices, no apologies. Wow. I wouldn't do it either, but I wish I was the kind that would.
Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Today is my son's birthday, too. He just turned 35. Yikes, I must be an old lady!
Hello to the May 2021 class. I hope to join you in staying sober. Very interesting class! I have known a few of you for years. I am also in the May 2020 class. I had about nine months sober last year, I think. It was marvelous. I got stressed out and lonesome and not paying attention and relapsed. So sad. But, I think I can make it back with your help.
Just for today, I will be clean and sober. I hope you all will be too.
With you every step dear Karen s xx ❤️
Old 05-27-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
Glad everyone is ok. I am on day 13 and feeling motivated but very tired and would so love to sleep for two days, but my dear children would never let me!
-my biggest challenge at the moment is not to get angry between 7 - 8 pm which is when I would be thinking about drinking -that is when I feel as if I just need no one to speak to me and to get out of the house as my reaction to withdrawal seems to be anger. Anyway as the weekend approaches I wish everyone calm and resolve and a good nights sleep.
Maybe something that will actively help....like a walk during that time?
I know I get relief from pent-up anger/frustration when I walk.
Just a thought.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:05 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Don't have much time, but i wanted to check in with everyone. Congrats to anyone achieving any amount of sober time. Sometimes i feel like it's hard to even get through an hour! Sometimes, not so much. I dropped off hubby at the airport this morning, so it's just me and little man for the next 5 days. The desire to drink is strong, but I'm determined for us to have a quality weekend, full of happy memories of mom and son time. Hope everyone has a sober weekend!
Old 05-27-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I had 3 days with my kiddos last weekend BacktoGood. It was definitely stressful through parts of it. I was craving a drink pretty hard at times. Mostly we had fun together, and I had no regrets. In hindsight it went by quick too! Hope you have enjoy the 5 days.

I have been glued to this website for days.. Like reading all day. Avoiding life. My mental space is weird right now. There's a lot of balls in the air and I'm not sure I can handle em all. In fact I know I can't.

Then I have a tendency to quit drinking when very stressed and start up when I feel better. Will I feel better soon?. I can't add alcohol to my mix anymore though it's just too much to deal with. Ugh.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

My best advice dear Five is to use this sober time to do positive things for you....so maybe a bit less time reading here and a bit more time in your life....the garden, a bike ride maybe. s
Old 05-27-2021, 04:56 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi friends. Heading into a long weekend and to a party on Saturday. I’m planning to be the designated driver home, and don’t want to drink anyway, because I’m still sort of recovering from the diverticulitis. It’s awhile on blander stuff, so that helps my sobriety. Drinking might flare things up. I’m afraid to drink because of it presently. My bigger challenge will be trying to exit/drag my husband away once I’m bored, sober, and getting devoured by mosquitoes. I’ve already told him if I’m his ride, we leave when I feel the need to do so. He agreed without argument.