# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part Two

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 05-23-2021, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Kudos to those of you who have slipped and gotten right back up to push forward. Kitten cat, I missed the post about why you’re in the hospital, but I certainly hope you get well quickly.

I had a very good work week. Friday was the last day of classes for the semester and I have to admit that when the last class was done I had that little skip in the heart feeling of wanting to get some wine to celebrate. It was quick and easily quashed though, thank goodness. Next week is final exams and then I’ll have the summer off to raise my new fur baby.
he arrived yesterday and had a good first night with us. He has a bit of an upper respiratory infection, and I have to give him medicine every 12 hours. But he’s perky and playful. It’s not slowing him down at all. And he is so incredibly cute!! It’s good to have something to take care of and be responsible for while trying to stop drinking. I have a purpose; someone needs me.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good afternoon campers! Hope we are all having an awesome weekend!

well done btg and willow your doing fab!!

awww Hope your fur baby is well soon Alice.

Im on week 5 sober today! I went to the pub with my dad and happily drank raspberry lemonade watching everyone else get trashed. I didn’t miss it at all and just kept thinking why do we think it’s fun to put poison in our bodies. I’ve been swimming today, had lovely chat with my sister, been to Zumba and had a cuppa and catching with an AA friend. All before 1pm where before I would struggle to drag my butt out of bed at that time!!! This is how life should be!!! I’m keeping this sober life it’s so much more fun!! Xx
Old 05-23-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thinking of you dear kittencat ~ hope they let you go home today. s ❤️

Hi Alice and Jo s ❤️

Old 05-23-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Sitting drinking coffee and feeling good. I am still feeling anxiety. I’ve used that in the past as an excuse to drink. I’m not giving in to that this time.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps!

Just a quickie before going hiking...

Grateful kitty passed last night peacefully, she will be missed.

hope all have a good day
Old 05-23-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about kitty Free xx

Hi Venus! Xx
Old 05-23-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Free))) ❤️❤️
Old 05-23-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your kitty, Free. I hope it gets easier for you.
Proud of everyone that's stayed sober the past 24 hours you guys are so strong.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys, day 7 here. There is a whole fight in my head that checking into classes makes me more likely to drink. That has to be AV crap, right? So here I am. I know I will need more support to keep this little streak up.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry about the kitty Free, I'm glad its passing was peaceful.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Hi guys, day 7 here. There is a whole fight in my head that checking into classes makes me more likely to drink. That has to be AV crap, right? So here I am. I know I will need more support to keep this little streak up.
Yes, I would say that is kind of are-you-kidding-me AV rubbish at its best.

Onward together darling Citrus! ❤️
Old 05-23-2021, 11:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Free- sorry about your 🐱 passing, glad is was peaceful.
kitty- i also missed why your in the hospital, but i hope you feel better and get out today.
Scott- push thru the anxiety, it will get better

Day 3, taking my son to urgent care for a strep test. His buddy tested positive for step earlier this week And now my little man had a sore throat ;( Grateful to be sober
Old 05-23-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kitty Hope your better soon

scott the anxiety will start to ease over time

b2g Hope little man is ok!

Ive been a big mad with everything I’ve done today haha! Decided to just enjoy my day even though it has rained all day. I went swimming, chatted to my sister, went to Zumba, met my friend from AA for a cuppa and a catch up then home for lunch then I watched mums church online service, did 2 lots of washing, put all washing away, cleaned kitchen, cooked tea, cleaned my girlies gerbils out, tidied and cleaned my girlies room as a surprise for her as she’s back from her school trip tomorrow and have changed the bedding! Just my sons room to sort tomorrow now and the bathroom to clean! I had done the first four things by 1pm!! When I used to be in bed until then trying to recover from the monstrous hangover! This is definitely life this is and I’m loving it!!

Hops you are having a nice sober weekend xxx
Old 05-23-2021, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for your loss Free.
Congrats on a week Citrus and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is

D
Old 05-23-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in before work

Free I’m sorry to hear about Kitty, but I’m glad it was a peaceful passing ❤️

I hope you’re feeling better and out of hospital soon Kitten
Old 05-23-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Free, I’m sorry for your loss. 💕

I had a bit of a Mother’s Day do over, after being sick in the ER on actual MD. My boy gifted me a cap with the New England Patriots logo on it. They are our football team for those not in the US. I’m not a huge football fan but needed a cap, and it’s a nice, great fitting one. Cant go wrong around here wearing their logo, though everywhere else hates them, lol. Hubs went out to do the shopping for dinner, which normally, I do, and bought some nice, big shrimp that were n sale. I did the prep for surf and turf. I had a little beef tenderloin steak in the freezer, plus the shrimp, which I dressed with a honey-soy, ginger-garlic marinade. Hubs grilled and cleaned up. We had a sweet potato too. I’m still off greens and high fiber foods for awhile.

I had a moment of wishing for some wine or champagne to celebrate, but it quickly passed. Eating a nice meal usually takes care of that. I’m having seltzer. It’s got bubbles 🤷🏻‍♀️.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the condolences.

Mr Free and I went on a LONG hike about an hour west of here, to get out of the house. We are exhausted between that and some days and nights of restless sleep and emotional distress about the kitty.

Phoebe, nice that your son got you a cap, and you had a nice dinner. I started a foodie thread on here, would love to see the pics of the surf and turf. Alcohol actually doesn’t make food taste better—that’s just big poison business advertising, so glad you liked the bubbly water instead.

Jo, almost tired hearing about all the accomplishments you did before 1pm! Good for you, and your girlie will be pleased.

Citrus, good for you, you have this —-your last day 7— sounds good, doesn’t it?

Hi Willow, did the weekend go ok for you?

B2g, hope your son feels better and he has a neg. strep. That’s a rough one to get through.

Scott and happy, it does get better, so good for enjoying the moments we can. At a mere 20 weeks, I was hardly thinking about alcohol, and my anxiety was less. I’m looking forward to that again.....

Dee and Venus, we ALL owe you a big thanks for all your time and support. I see it here, and seemingly everywhere on SR. It must be exhausting, but please know the sweet words of “we all appreciate you and the other Admins/greeters very much”. I’m sure you’ve saved many lives for the better ☺️
Old 05-23-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Son went to immediate care and negative on strep and covid, so we all just caught a bug. I'll take it! Also made for family movie day
Old 05-23-2021, 06:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I can safely say I made it through the weekend sober! Carvings where just a little niggle here and there this afternoon. I made burgers and fries for dinner which my guys gobbled up. The two older boys are off to friends for a while, yongest is chilling after a good baseball game. Hubby and I are about to start a movie and I think I will knit a little or maybe spin some yarn. So happy to be here with you all.

Free your hike sounds wonderful. I hope to get out in nature with my boys this week as the first real day of summer break is tomorrow!

Phobe I am glad you got a do over Mothers day! ❤

B2G I also hope your little one kicks what ever bug is going on quickly! Sore throats are the worst.

Hope eveyone is having a great day/night. ❤