Old 05-27-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Willow00

Hi everyone

Welcome Jase and Fivetries and Sober369

Congratulations on 30 days DRMax

Happy that’s so good that you talked to your host (is that the same as boss?) about it. So many people (me included) used to get plastered after work when I was in the hospitality industry. Uggh. It’s fantastic that you have someone on your side. That is a huge bonus!

Hi Karen and Kittencat, next year I’m definitely going to the beach for fish and chips (yes I am very lucky to live close to the beach, on the east coast of Australia).

My birthday dinner turned out quite nice actually. One other person sitting next to me was also not drinking (on a weight loss diet) so I wasn’t the only non drinking person. Although I was determined not to drink regardless, I did have some real concerns that I might be tempted by the dreaded sneaky AV monster that wiped me out at the music festival recently I had sparkling water, a delicious dinner and cake, yum! We were only there for a couple of hours. The drinkers had about 3 drinks each but nobody got plastered. Everyone had work the next day (today).

Happy birthday to your son Karen! And it’s so good to see you here I had a long stint sober after I joined the May 2018 class (3 years ago!) and sadly went back to the bottle, multiple times. But this time my determination is even stronger than ever to stay sober.

Day 12 today
I hope you all have a good day.