Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part Two

Old 06-11-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Is someone else making dinner? Or can you order in....
I hope you have a good evening and that the pain leaves you alone. s
Old 06-11-2021, 02:51 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Onething, I feel so badly for you suffering so much pain. You’re very brave. I’m glad your husband is home, even though he was busy today. Hopefully he’ll nurture you tonight.

Well done on the caffeine reduction, Dusty! I’m mostly decaffeinated, but do have a cup of real coffee once or twice a week.

I had a busy day! Well, busy after the last year of doing just about nuthin’. I had lab work in the morning then home for a meeting with the cabinet guy and contractor. Then, I met a good friend for lunch. We hugged! First hug with her in over a year. Then, off to get son after school, and a last errand for a card for a ceremony he’s attending for a friend tonight. Felt good to be up early and have something fun to do. No drinking at lunch. This friend doesn’t drink much, but might have today to celebrate getting out again, but had plans to exercise later, so got iced tea. I never feel like I need to drink to be with her. I know I should not ever feel that way with anyone, but you guys know what I mean.

I also saw my blood results. They post online. I’ll focus on the positive, and brag that I’ve brought my A1c down from 8.2 in January, to 5.8 today. I’m happy with that, but it needs to go a bit lower.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I don't know what the numbers mean love, but I am glad you are happy with them. s

What a huge day....how awesome.....and the hug is maybe the best part. Well, that and having a wonderful friend to have lunch with and no pressure to drink. ❤️
Old 06-11-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thanks, Suze. 💕. Sorry, those are numbers that represent blood glucose levels over several weeks. Normal is under 5.7, so, I’m close. So, pretty good for a diabetic. 🙂
Old 06-11-2021, 03:13 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

No need to say sorry....everyone but me most likely knows this stuff.
And close is good....I know you are going to get there. s
Old 06-11-2021, 03:52 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
No need to say sorry....everyone but me most likely knows this stuff.
And close is good....I know you are going to get there. s
Nah, it’s not a thing I knew about before being diabetic, and I was a health care professional in hospitals and private practice. I just know lots of us alcoholics also do have blood sugar issues, and assumed. And, you know the old saying, ASSUME makes an ASS out of UME! 😂. My old Catholic school Latin teacher always said that. 😀
Old 06-11-2021, 11:31 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html (Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3)