Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part Two

Old 06-10-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Sorry that you are in so much pain dear One Thing s xxxxx ❤️
Old 06-10-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Waiting for Pepto-Bismol to kick in. This is awful. I haven't pain that has made feel sick for a long time. I can't wait for bedtime, I hope I can sleep.

One Thing
Old 06-10-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Me too love s ❤️
Old 06-10-2021, 05:58 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Onething, that sounds horrible. Just be sure to watch for signs of infection...fever, chills, redness and swelling where you had the procedure. Just putting it out there since it’s such a different and unusual response for you. I do hope you can get some sleep and wake feeling better.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the Dr, or your local doctor One Thing - nerve pain is the worst.

D
Old 06-10-2021, 08:15 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Just posted to you in another thread der Willow....that word....futility....I would challenge those thoughts.
Nothing about your life seems futile to me....I see love and hope and all things good. ❤️
❤️ Thanks Suze I’m working on it x
Old 06-10-2021, 08:16 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

((((Onething)))) ❤️
Old 06-11-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Well, I sure did stay sober yesterday! Yesterday was and easy one. Pain just took over my whole world.

I am not feeling any better today and who knows how long this will last. I looked at a message board last night and folks had it anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. I am not feeling sick to my stomach this morning, so I am getting my morning coffee in.

Phoebe, I had my husband take a look at the area and there is no sign of infection, so that is good. I do feel fine other then this, no fever, chills, just a lot of sharp pain.

I am not sure what I am going to do today. I didn't sleep much, was up and down all night. Thank God for being sober and my sleep getting better, I did sleep a whole 3 hours at the end of the night.

I did call the doctor yesterday and just ibuprofen and Tylenol. They are strict in FL and will not give you anything unless you are in the hospital. Medications have been so abused here in Florida so nobody gets anything, unless they have terminal cancer.

I will survive. He had a tough time getting this right side of my back done as it was, so I guess this is not surprising. I just never had this reaction before.

I do hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day today. My day should be interesting. I am glad my husband is home.

One Thing
Old 06-11-2021, 06:17 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I am glad your husband is home to take care of you dear One Thing. s xx
Old 06-11-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

OneThing I have just caught up with this thread and am hoping you are managing today - it sounds horrible and you've done so amazingly well to cope with it all - good your husband is home to bring you tea and help out.
I hope everyone is ok and finding ways to be kind to themselves.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:15 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good job on everyone casting positive votes for themselves to become the people we wish to be. Sober and......

Votes I’ve already cast for myself today

✅ Had a healthy breakfast of plain Greek yogurt and berries , only 2 cups of coffee
✅ Filled my day with plans that don’t include alcohol (golf lesson, golf, garden, healthy dinner)
✅ Actively read Atomic Habits to gain more insight to habits, how they form, and how to be aware of their purpose in our lives
✅ Choose to drink water, coffee, or iced tea today

Love to you all!

Plan to post some threads this weekend with pics of my trip to Tahoe and Yosemite, so look for those if you wish.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Just another positive. I have gone from 6 cups of strong black coffee to only one! and I have found a really good decaf coffee which actually tastes very good! I am thinking of everyone who feels despondent and sad at the moment and sending positive thoughts and prayers in their direction.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:03 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

That coffee reduction is fantastic dusty!!!
And I love your attitude.....such wonderful positivity s xx
Old 06-11-2021, 09:04 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Looking forward to the pics dear Free! And go you!!! s xx

Old 06-11-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
Just another positive. I have gone from 6 cups of strong black coffee to only one! and I have found a really good decaf coffee which actually tastes very good! I am thinking of everyone who feels despondent and sad at the moment and sending positive thoughts and prayers in their direction.
Oh wow dusty... 6 to 1?! I went from 3 to barely 1 today and I can feel it. You must share the really good decaf one you've found!
Old 06-11-2021, 11:03 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

One Thing, I am so sorry you're struggling through so much pain! Thankfully your husband is home to help you. Will a heating pad help?
Old 06-11-2021, 11:51 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I just love that avatar dear kitten ❤️
Old 06-11-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Venus, It's so hot and humid here I have to keep thinking cooling underwater thoughts! x
Old 06-11-2021, 12:18 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

lmao....you changed the avatar.

Yes..... I feel you.....there is no one outside here today, it is unbearable. s xx
Old 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thank you all! I am doing okay, still have pain. It seemed to better a bit earlier and now bad as I head to the later part of the day. As long as I don't feel sick, it will be much better. I have rested a lot today. I am not good at doing that, but find myself having to do it way too much.

Kitten, ice is really supposed to be my "friend" right now, but that isn't working, neither is the heating pad. I just have to live with this for a bit. Who knows how long. It does seem to better the easier I take it.

My dear husband has been out most of the day catching up on doc appointments. One we had already cancelled but they were kind enough to let him come in anyhow. One he had on Monday and had to cancel again. The nurse was great and left a note saying that if he had to cancel, fit him in when they could pin him at home. It is a good thing that he is making these appointments. He also has health issues that need to be taken of. It really a lot more productive for him to take care of himself.

So yesterday was day 15 and today 16 and I need to do my wine:30 check. This really does keep me sober through the night, it reinforces my commitment to sobriety.

Good for you Dusty on cutting back on your coffee. I used to drink a pot a day. I still drink a pot a day, but the pot is smaller! No one else drinks coffee here so I just bought myself a 4 cup maker to save counter space. Now I always have my one good cup and sometimes that is enough now. It is hard to find a good decaf.

Other things besides pain is going on here, not much, but some. My daughter got bit by a student for the first time. She has a small class, but they are so behind. The little one got so frustrated that she looked like she was going to put her head on the table but bit my daughter! The skin was not broken, my daughter was shocked and she had to talk to her mom. Her mother was very understanding because she was biting mom during remote learning. When school started there were no incidents, but the one on one attention seems to stress her out. Mom picked the daughter up from school today with flowers for my daughter. That was so nice. My daughter will make sure she has partner to work with during individual instruction. They are all behind in one way and another so this should work.

Just a little story about a problem faced and solved. I like those stories.

I do hope everyone has a great, sober evening. I am going to make it sober and hopefully get through the evening better then last night. I am sure I will be up and down tonight again. I will rest when I can.

OneThing