Old 05-31-2021, 06:26 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I have three more on the way that are my favourites

And this is the last one at night.....

And this one:

Old 05-31-2021, 06:52 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good morning class

Suse those solar lights are gorgeous! I hope your weather is nice today!

Plenny I hope you enjoy your bbq!
My boys requested burgers, fries and potato salad. I think I will whip up some rice krispy treads too. So far I plan on just chilling at home today. I want to watch the new Cruella movie too... been trying to get my brood to all sit down together to watch since Friday, lol.

Jo congrats on 43 days! And Happy Birthday to your son! May 30 is a great bday.

Hi Kitten, hope you are feeling a little more awake now. I just started in on a cup of new coffee I got yesterday, it is Choc-Hazelnut. Not sure how much I like it, but to be honest I bought it because I liked the tin it came in.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-31-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning back at you ❤️

Well.....I would like the clouds to go away, but even if they don't I am working in the garden.
I have about 50 solar stake lights and flower lights that sit low to the ground, and I have lost most of them under a sea of ivy.
On a mission to find them all and wash some glass tops and replace batteries. I have learned however that some of them will never work again, so I may have bought some new ones.

4 of these ~

And these ~

Just about to put them all together.
Oh, I LOVE these! I’m daydreaming of what I’ll do to make our yard festive once the fence is installed. One thing on the list is solar lights to gently illuminate the space. That will provide visibility to see the dog out there, and make it attractive for entertaining or our own enjoyment. 🙂

Fence installation should be happening within the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

And, I posted before seeing the next page with more solar lights! Do you mind sharing where you found such a fun assortment, Suze?

Plenny, another vote for potato salad. I know it’s probably simple for your level of skill, but, those basics are so good. Although, my husband’s family isn’t big on mayonnaise, so, they’d need a German style potato salad. I’m sure you’ll come up with something great!

Citrus, I so enjoyed a perfect burger at the party on Saturday, that I think I’ll make burgers tonight. The kids both like them, which can be a challenge. I thought about doing french fries too. I’d make potato salad but my kids don’t like it. I try to avoid carbs on the regular, so wouldn’t want to be the one finishing leftovers, lol. I’ve been off the rails following the diverticulitis, because a low fiber diet is advised while healing. Nothing like medically advised carbs. 😋
Old 05-31-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

There are such good posts on here since I was on last.

Venus, I love those and I had no idea there were so many different colors. My husband bought one for our front yard at the beginning of spring. He does love working in the yard so much.

All went well here last night, no drinking, no pouting, a nice evening. We had many evenings like that just a few years ago and so it was a nice reminder of what sobriety really feels like. Now, my husband's decision not to drink is his and his alone. He knows that I don't want to drink anymore so we are clear on that.

On a bad note, I hurt like h@ll today! Gosh, if it isn't one thing, it is another. I am not really sure why. The only thing I can think of is that we did have an active week and yesterday was not great weather wise for us so we watched a lot of tv. I sat in my chair, I LOVE my chair! I had it made especially for my spine condition by Lazy-Boy, it does all kinds of neat tricks with the push of a button so no matter how I am feeling I can be comfortable. Maybe I need more of my chair today or I just need to walk it off. It is pretty today so I really want to be out by the pool this afternoon.

I do have the second part of my back procedure done on Thursday so that is a good thing. Maybe getting it all finished will help matters tremendously. I almost have ideas of just calling my neuro/spine surgeon and tell him to bolt it all together and be done with it. Lower back fusion is a last resort type of procedure and then there are no guarantees that it will be better, it could actually do more harm then good. I really shouldn't entertain ideas like that.

So I stayed sober another day, life is good with my husband, back hurts like h@ll, Two out of three is not bad. I will take it because it could be worse.

Have a good sober day everyone!

One Thing
Old 05-31-2021, 08:17 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Oh, onething, I’m sorry to hear about your back! I have chronic back problems, and can empathize. 💕
Old 05-31-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
And, I posted before seeing the next page with more solar lights! Do you mind sharing where you found such a fun assortment, Suze?

Plenny, another vote for potato salad. I know it’s probably simple for your level of skill, but, those basics are so good. Although, my husband’s family isn’t big on mayonnaise, so, they’d need a German style potato salad. I’m sure you’ll come up with something great!

Citrus, I so enjoyed a perfect burger at the party on Saturday, that I think I’ll make burgers tonight. The kids both like them, which can be a challenge. I thought about doing french fries too. I’d make potato salad but my kids don’t like it. I try to avoid carbs on the regular, so wouldn’t want to be the one finishing leftovers, lol. I’ve been off the rails following the diverticulitis, because a low fiber diet is advised while healing. Nothing like medically advised carbs. 😋
I love love LOVE German potato salad! Fantastic idea!
I'm on a low fiber diet for now too!
Lower water intake and lower in fiber.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Back fusion sounds scary. Just saying. And wishing you all the best for Thursday dear OTAAT. ❤️
Really glad you and your husband are good and both sober...and happy. xx

I get all of my lights from Amazon Phoebe. And there is one brand that I think you will love: Exhart....they have very sophisticated stuff.
This is my beautiful blue ball of light.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

I love your solar lights Venus they are gorgeous!!

I love a bbq!! So much yummy food!!

We have just played badminton it’s such a fun way to keep fit! I am feeling it now though after the gym this morning too haha

Old 05-31-2021, 08:48 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hope your pain subsides one thing and well done on sober time!!

It’s half term here so taking kids swimming tomorrow should be fun hehe
Old 05-31-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

I made the joke sometime back that I needed to join Plant Addicts Anonymous....and lo and behold it exists and I did join a few weeks ago....just a site with crazy plant people like me, 12 incredibly funny steps and a lot of beautiful plants.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hope you keep having fun on the term break Jo!
And I love badminton...that and totem tennis were my favs as a kid.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:00 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Back fusion sounds scary. Just saying. And wishing you all the best for Thursday dear OTAAT. ❤️
Really glad you and your husband are good and both sober...and happy. xx

I get all of my lights from Amazon Phoebe. And there is one brand that I think you will love: Exhart....they have very sophisticated stuff.
This is my beautiful blue ball of light.

That’s gorgeous! My avatar is glass art, if I recall correctly. I don’t think it’s Chihuly, but, not sure. I lifted it off the internet at some point.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

That’s gorgeous! My avatar is glass art, if I recall correctly. I don’t think it’s Chihuly, but, not sure. I lifted it off the internet at some point.
I know it's not Chihuly. Hmmm.. let me see if I can look up the image

*Found it!
https://www.galleryofmodernmasters.c.../jamie-barthel
Old 05-31-2021, 10:02 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Awesome, thanks, Kitten! I think I knew at the time, but I chose it many years ago. It’s not my first rodeo here. 😕. But, hopefully my last.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
I know it's not Chihuly. Hmmm.. let me see if I can look up the image

*Found it!
https://www.galleryofmodernmasters.c.../jamie-barthel

Oh right...do you live near the Chihuly museum?
Old 05-31-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Oh boy, this one just jumped into my cart. Lol. And one for daughter that is moving into a new house today!

Old 05-31-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Oh I have that one. And the white one too.....my garden is a magic fairyland
You will be super happy with that Citrus.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:21 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Oh right...do you live near the Chihuly museum?
I used to live near this museum: https://www.chihuly.com/exhibitions/...uly-collection

😊