Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-24-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

That's really good to hear.....that you feel better dear WL s ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Citrus;7450287.

Hopeful - I am praying your BP will go down and stay down. You will make it to day 2! Post every minute if you need! :hug

[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much Citrus. My blood pressure is still up - not extremely high but it should be a lot lower considering I took double medication today. I know it must be from coming off the alcohol. Which I still am thankfully. I am at 23 hours now so by the time the day gets started and I have coffee, smoothie vitamins and such I will be at 36 hours by the daily time I'm thinking about having a drink.
I just want to not drink. I want to go to the doctor and be confident and proud to say I DON'T DRINK. I really loved that. Even though my heath was by no means perfect, I did not drink.
Thank you for your support. I'll be happy when I can get to sleep tonight. Hoping I don't have the crazy dreams I remember having last year when I first came off alcohol.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:26 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Just back from my second walk of the day. So 15km total walking today. Gotta lose this weight
Good to get out. The weather's lovely and I'm near the canal. ​
Well done FF!!! This put a smile on my face
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Whew, I have found myself so short tempered in the past hour. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, put jammies on and put myself in bed with a book.
I don't know if sobriety is to blame for the sudden edginess.
I feel kind of bad as I left hubby with the boys less than an hour after he got home from work. But I didn't want to subject them to severely grumpy me.

But hey! I didn't go and get beer to deal with my emotions. So that is a win, right?
Old 05-24-2020, 07:41 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

So elated I made it back to day one, I almost forgot to post. I’m back. Thank God.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Whew, I have found myself so short tempered in the past hour. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, put jammies on and put myself in bed with a book.
I feel kind of bad as I left hubby with the boys less than an hour after he got home from work. But I didn't want to subject them to severely grumpy me.

But hey! I didn't go and get beer to deal with my emotions. So that is a win, right?
It is a win! That's been my consolation prize days I've just been a moody, irritated mess. Like hey, I'm an emotional disaster BUT I'M NOT DRINKING! lol
Old 05-24-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I wouldn't be concerned other than for the reason I come into close proximity to a lot of people everyday. Particularly the elevator in my building. I haven't felt sick for a few years so this just bad timing I'm sure. My symptoms are mild. A couple Tylenol capsules made me feel better. I will be mindful of keeping my distance from others.
You weren't among the masses at Trinity Bellwood's Park, were you WL?!? I would trust you were not. It was embarrassing to see. I consider myself to have grown up as a Torontonian because my dad worked at Ontario Place for decades, I have family all over the GTA and I went to Ryerson University for my undergraduate studies -- so I was stunned because that type of behavior was unexpected from "my" city.

In any event, sending you the non-Covid vibes and I do truly hope you feel better ASAP. Stay safe. Let us know how you're doing
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

@ReadyAtLast I just finished season 3 of Narcos. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I almost think it was the best season, despite not having Wagner Moura/Pablo Escobar in it. Wagner's performance as Escobar was *muah*.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:19 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
There is a chance I have the Coronavirus. I have a runny nose, headache, stiff joints. Not serious enough to warrant a test. I called a hotline number and the nurse said just stay home unless things get much worse. I am not in the vulnerable categories. Or just have common cold. I live in a big city so either is possible.
Hope it's just a cold!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Well now that I am finally at the 24 hour mark I can start thinking about tonight and tomorrow and what symptoms I will experience. I have been reading some of the articles on what withdrawl symptoms I could have. I guess the ones that scare the heck out of me the most are seizures and dt's. I didn't have those last year when I was in the hospital for something else while I was detoxing for two days. I do have Ativan at home I can take that I am prescribed for anxiety.
Has anyone here experiences seizures or dt's? I'm drinking tons of water, taking vitamins, doing bone broth and green fruit and veggie shakes in the morning.

Thanks in advace. Hope
Old 05-24-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good job Citrus!!! Win for sure.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:27 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Hope
I have not experienced DT's or seizures, but was very nervous about such symptoms given the quantity and duration of my drinking. I went to see my doc prior to quitting and got prescribed some meds which I took each evening for the first five days just to be sure.
If you are worried about severe effects, go see your doc.
Coz
Old 05-24-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Free.

Wow! So much happening on this thread!

T4C yes, day 4, now that you mention it, I wanted to eat everything! I laughed when I read your post. Super hungry on many day 4’s actually.

‘’Citrus: 13 days is great! And, yes, definitely some crabbiness around then. Good job recognizing it and detaching from the group.

HY777, glad you are here! The eating well and vitamins seem like a very good idea. We deplete thiamine with the drink. Don’t hesitate to see a doc if things get tough.

Glad you’re back Jewel72. Keep posting.

11:04 pm. here. Goodnight friends. Peace and comfort to you all.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:13 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Doubles not always twice as good - if the BP continues to be a problem maybe check in with your Dr, Hopeful?
This.
Also I find taking hot baths can increase my bp. It may be different for you. Just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by mystified; 05-24-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-24-2020, 10:16 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Good afternoon/evening! I was a slug initially today, but around 5 PM I got my first bit of motivation I've had in weeks. Got up and ran through all my cleaning for the day (made bed, 5 min. on mail/papers, litterboxes, wipe down the bathroom, clean shower/toilet), and did 20 min. of sorting/decluttering on my clothing tops. All in all that only took me about 1.5 hrs so not nearly as overwhelming as it seemed before starting.
What is this motivation you speak of? Mine appears to have gone awol
Old 05-24-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Absolutely.
Self care is so important.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
So elated I made it back to day one, I almost forgot to post. I’m back. Thank God.
Welcome back Jewel.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:35 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Good morning classmates.

It's dry bright and sunny here in my corner of the world.

Woke up from a disturbing dream but journaled my anxiety out about it and feel strangely hopeful today.

I've gained some weight during lockdown. Partly due to the sudden change in pace, partly due to the whole 'coronacoaster' (which is a fabulously accurate term for what I've been feeling over the past few weeks), partly due to eating my feelings and partly to do with the drinking I was doing prior to recommitting to sobriety. We've been at home now since the middle of March. 9 weeks maybe? 10? I'm losing track a bit. Enough time to add 1lb a week to my body anyway. I'm only short and wasn't particularly svelte before everything ground to a halt, so I've got work to do.

I'm going grocery shopping today - the highlight of my week - gloved, and masked, unlike the majority of shoppers I've been seeing on my weekly trips to the supermarket. Hopefully everything I need will be in stock. We're still having shortages of the oddest things where I live. Eggs, milk, bread etc are consistently in stock but my supermarket keeps running out of tinned tomatoes. It's peculiarly specific. Staff don't seem to know why either. Never mind. I'm just rambling.

Hoping everyone has a fabulous day.

Day 12 feels good.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:43 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning i am back
i am going to have to try and get some alcohol free days in, cant keep doing this. so day 1 again, i have only managed to save and have far and few alcohol days off this month, which wasnt my plan i was hoping to save and try get some motivation,but since losing my pooch i just cant seem to get days in from not drinking. so plan is that its blue skies here is try and get garden border sorted as i have now the edging in and now just have to make sure weeds are up and then put in mix manure and start seeding and putting in plants. I am no gardener but least i am trying. anyway will leave it there for now, im just droaning on. good to see so many new faces and others doing so well xx
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Good morning sobernauts

Set my alarm for 6am but I'm exhausted
Still in bed at 6:53am. And I've given up coffee. Will take a while to adjust to my new 8pm to 6am schedule