Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-24-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Welcome Jewel & Hopeful

Have a good sleep FF and congrats on another sober day

Citrus-I'm the same trying not breathe in public! Karen-hope you're ok

Great post Coz, thank you

Off to bed now and looking forward to waking up on day 14. 2 weeks. Half a month , well if it was February it would be !

Good night all, take care and stay sober.x
Old 05-24-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Night dearest RAL ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Coz

RAL - congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 05-24-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome and welcome back to any newcomers and congrats to everyone on your milestones )

D
Old 05-24-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Tonight was by far the most difficult one for me. I could hear my neighbours out in their garden having drinks, and normally I would be right out there with them (we have a fence panel removed so still safely social distancing), but I didn't feel ready to join them with my peppermint tea just yet. Instead me and my partner played on PS4 and I've now come up to bed with the laptop to catch up on here and I've left him downstairs watching a film.

Hi to anyone I missed saying hi to - it's been a long while since I've used forums and I forgot how hard it is to keep track in the beginning so I hope I don't come across as self centred just typing about myself and my day all the time!
Old 05-24-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

This has been a rough afternoon physically. My blood pressure has been up and I've taken double what I normally take which would normally bring it down. I didn't take it all at once. A half earlier today, then another quarter and finally another quarter a little while ago. I know that's the maximum I can take until 5 AM. I hope this stops.
Just took half of a prescribed Ativan that I have for anxiety. I've taken two hot baths today (sometimes that helps). Tons of herbal tea and water. Haven't been hungry really but knew I needed to eat so my hubby went out and picked up some dinner.
I'm 20 hours in. If I can just make it until bedtime. I don't have a desire to drink- just to feel better.
Thank you all for your support.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I'm looking over some of the names and remember some from the January 2019 class. Ral and Citrus. I'm trying to read back and familiarize myself with everyone knew. Good luck to all of you this weekend.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

Doubles not always twice as good - if the BP continues to be a problem maybe check in with your Dr, Hopeful?
Old 05-24-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time4Change2020 View Post
Just wanted to check in and say I managed to bypass the shop on my way home. I picked up some peppermint tea yesterday as I find that relaxes me sometimes. My neighbour asked me this morning if I wanted to have a drink over the fence tonight, I just said I have a migraine, I don’t know what else to say! What do you say to people when they ask why you’re not drinking? Everyone will assume I’m pregnant, as the only time I’ve been at social events not drinking is when I’ve been pregnant with my kids. Although I guess lockdown is a good time for this as nowhere to be!

I ramble a bit when my anxiety takes over sorry!
Hi. When I stopped drinking last year, I told all my normal drinking friends that I wasn't drinking anymore because of my blood pressure. People can't really argue if you tell them it's health related. Well I take that back. I had one neighbor that tried to convince me that having wine each night was good for her blood pressure.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

You both did incredibly well to get through all of that today. Big time. s xxx ❤️❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Doubles not always twice as good - if the BP continues to be a problem maybe check in with your Dr, Hopeful?
I will Dee if it doesn't calm down this week. He has it prescribed as double and told me to take it when it goes up and doesn't come down so it doesn't keep going on. I'm hoping that once my body is stabilized again without wine, I will only need my normal dosage. Thank you for thinking of me! Appreciate you always being here.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Good afternoon/evening! I was a slug initially today, but around 5 PM I got my first bit of motivation I've had in weeks. Got up and ran through all my cleaning for the day (made bed, 5 min. on mail/papers, litterboxes, wipe down the bathroom, clean shower/toilet), and did 20 min. of sorting/decluttering on my clothing tops. All in all that only took me about 1.5 hrs so not nearly as overwhelming as it seemed before starting.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

There is a chance I have the Coronavirus. I have a runny nose, headache, stiff joints. Not serious enough to warrant a test. I called a hotline number and the nurse said just stay home unless things get much worse. I am not in the vulnerable categories. Or just have common cold. I live in a big city so either is possible.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Welcome Jewel & Hopeful

Have a good sleep FF and congrats on another sober day

Citrus-I'm the same trying not breathe in public! Karen-hope you're ok

Great post Coz, thank you

Off to bed now and looking forward to waking up on day 14. 2 weeks. Half a month , well if it was February it would be !

Good night all, take care and stay sober.x
I would definitely be calling that half a month. Quite an accomplishment. Good luck tomorrow and the next day and next. I've got 3 hours to get to 1 day so I'm quite jealous!
Old 05-24-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Time4Change- Great job getting through the bad cravings. Post all you want! You don't seem self centered in the least. I love learning about everyone.

Hopeful - I am praying your BP will go down and stay down. You will make it to day 2! Post every minute if you need! :hug

Daria - Great going getting all of that cleaning done Getting up and starting can be the very hardest part for me. I think being a slug in early sobriety is just fine too.

WL- I'll be praying that you don't have the virus and if you do that it will be mild.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Also hoping that is not Covid dear WL s xx ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope its just a cold WL
D
Old 05-24-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

End of day 4.so happy I made it! My eyes are so weepy, not sure why. Water keeps pouring out of them tho im happy I didn't drink today. Maybe my body's not used to be so hydrated lol.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

he he

Funny, that happened to me as well.
I remember walking my dad's dog every afternoon and my eyes were leaking.....I was very confused. s ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I wouldn't be concerned other than for the reason I come into close proximity to a lot of people everyday. Particularly the elevator in my building. I haven't felt sick for a few years so this just bad timing I'm sure. My symptoms are mild. A couple Tylenol capsules made me feel better. I will be mindful of keeping my distance from others.