Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sorry Citrus honey.....forgot to say hello back. ❤️

Not cranky, but also very tired today dear Daria. s ❤️
My sleep schedule is so messed up at this point. I'm up until about 5 AM daily and then I sleep until around noon or so. Not.ideal.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, no wonder you are tired love.
Maybe you can go to bed one hour earlier every night to try and even it out a bit? s xx
Old 05-23-2020, 12:52 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in and say I managed to bypass the shop on my way home. I picked up some peppermint tea yesterday as I find that relaxes me sometimes. My neighbour asked me this morning if I wanted to have a drink over the fence tonight, I just said I have a migraine, I don’t know what else to say! What do you say to people when they ask why you’re not drinking? Everyone will assume I’m pregnant, as the only time I’ve been at social events not drinking is when I’ve been pregnant with my kids. Although I guess lockdown is a good time for this as nowhere to be!

I ramble a bit when my anxiety takes over sorry!
Old 05-23-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

time - It gets easier to say no with practice. What I find is that most people really don't care if we drink or not. If they offer you a drink just say no I'll have a water/coke.juice whatever. If they persist no excuses or explanations are needed. IME the only people who persist and ahve a problem with it are people who have their own drinking problems. Though I agree, avoiding such situations early on is a better idea till we feel stronger,
Old 05-23-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Time, when people offered drinks I didn’t want, it has been unusual for them to ask why I declined alcohol. But when they have, I have said “too many empty calories—I’ll stick to diet soda.” If they say just one isn’t that many calories, I just say “no, thanks, I’m not drinking today.”

Old 05-23-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Time4Change
I’ve been at this so long I just say ‘no thanks I don’t drink’

Those who saw me drink know why, and those who didn’t generally do not ask why, honestly

Congrats to everyone on your milestones no matter what day it is!
D
Old 05-23-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Honestly, not one person ever asked me why I am not drinking.
Mostly they smiled....probably relieved for all sorts of reasons. s
Old 05-23-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Day 12 coming to a close. Had another lazy day! Read another book. I counted them and have read 35 since lockdown started!! Not quite 1 a day but still a few

Hope everyone is ok. Another Saturday night off the list.

Old 05-23-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Amazing RAL.....I love how many books you are reading.
Goodnight dear one. ❤️
Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus - good night to you too when evening comes and sweet dreams x
Old 05-23-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Entire day spent outside. Great time by the pool free of booze. Friends stopped by and I was sitting around realizing how much different (and enjoyable) these days outside are when you are sneaking away to drink in hiding. One of my friends is coming over to sit outside while Mrs. Dig is out at girls night. He said beers would be great when I invited him. I texted back saying absolutely HE can have the usual couple beers, but that I’d have my something of my own to sip on ready. He didn’t even ask me anything. He just said cool and that he’d see me later. This is the second no beers evening with my friend. The topic came up earlier and someone mentioned that most people don’t even think about it or say anything if a drink offer is turned down. So far that’s been my experience too
Old 05-23-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Boredom is hard to fight. Liquor stores are all closed for the night so I can safely go for a walk and not give in to the impulse to go in. So many times, I would be just getting some exercise/fresh air and find myself buying beer. All good tonight!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:06 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Time4Change2020 View Post
Just wanted to check in and say I managed to bypass the shop on my way home. I picked up some peppermint tea yesterday as I find that relaxes me sometimes. My neighbour asked me this morning if I wanted to have a drink over the fence tonight, I just said I have a migraine, I don’t know what else to say! What do you say to people when they ask why you’re not drinking? Everyone will assume I’m pregnant, as the only time I’ve been at social events not drinking is when I’ve been pregnant with my kids. Although I guess lockdown is a good time for this as nowhere to be!

I ramble a bit when my anxiety takes over sorry!
Ramble away.

Proud of you Time4.

I also used to get asked if I was pregnant when I chose to stop drinking. And also used the migraine/headache/antibiotics/too much last night/upset tummy/other health related issue to avoid admitting I'd quit.

Orhers have said that its often people who have their own problems around alcohol who will ask why you're not drinking. I've done it myself when a previous drinking buddy quit. It makes a drinker feel quite uncomfortable.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:41 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good morning sobernauts.

How goes it on this sexy, exciting Sunday?

Day three here
Old 05-23-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Day 12 coming to a close. Had another lazy day! Read another book. I counted them and have read 35 since lockdown started!! Not quite 1 a day but still a few

Hope everyone is ok. Another Saturday night off the list.
That's some going RAL!
Care to share some of what you've been reading? Any recommendations?
Old 05-23-2020, 09:52 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning sobernauts.

Day three here
Good morning FF
Day 3. You rock.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good morning myst
How are you feeling today?
Old 05-24-2020, 12:55 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning sobernauts.

Day three here
Good morning FF! Day 3 is fantastic!

I can’t quite believe I’m waking up on day 4 with no hangover! It feels good!
Old 05-24-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Just back from a 7.5km walk. Now that I'm sober it's time to kick the belly. Want to be relatively thin by the time college starts in sixteen weeks. Currently drinking green tea as that supposedly raises your metabolism. Going to go for another 7.5km walk later and do a Yoga with Adrienne video.
​​​​​​
Old 05-24-2020, 02:17 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Morning all
Happy sober Sunday!

Your day sounds great Dig

WL-hope you got through the night ok and had a good walk.

Great going on 3 days FF Congrats on 4 days Time

Hi Myst. what sort of books do you like? I find my tastes have changed considerably as I've got older. I used to like chick lit but now more into detective dramas, police procedurals sort of thing. So Val McDermid is my favourite author of all time. A Place of Execution best book ever imo
Newly discovered Carole Wyer - she has 2 series with 2 different female detectives. I like series as there is a new murder in each book but the characters continue and develop. Rachel Lynch has a series which is set in the Lake District-really good and love the setting! Newly discovered J P Carter DCI Anna Tate series. Very gripping kept me up till the early hours. and last but not least D S Butler. I get them all on Amazon. Seem to be spending all my income on books. I have to buy real books. Can't be doing with kindle. Showing my age again Do you watch The Crown? If so Anne GLenconner's book might be interesting for you. She was Princess Margaret's Lady in Waiting. A good read although a bit strange in places!

Day 13. Lost another pound yaaaay! Slept badlt last night although if I lie on the sofa all day I will not be tired at night I think Feels good to be sober at the weekend. Making better food choices too and looking better. Was up late doing jigsaw and reading last night.