Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-24-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morning i am back
i am going to have to try and get some alcohol free days in, cant keep doing this. so day 1 again, i have only managed to save and have far and few alcohol days off this month, which wasnt my plan i was hoping to save and try get some motivation,but since losing my pooch i just cant seem to get days in from not drinking. so plan is that its blue skies here is try and get garden border sorted as i have now the edging in and now just have to make sure weeds are up and then put in mix manure and start seeding and putting in plants. I am no gardener but least i am trying. anyway will leave it there for now, im just droaning on. good to see so many new faces and others doing so well xx

Welcome back Erratic. I'm sure I recognise your username.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning sobernauts

Set my alarm for 6am but I'm exhausted
Still in bed at 6:53am. And I've given up coffee. Will take a while to adjust to my new 8pm to 6am schedule
I bow to you. I don't think I could survive without my coffee!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
You weren't among the masses at Trinity Bellwood's Park, were you WL?!? I would trust you were not. It was embarrassing to see. I consider myself to have grown up as a Torontonian because my dad worked at Ontario Place for decades, I have family all over the GTA and I went to Ryerson University for my undergraduate studies -- so I was stunned because that type of behavior was unexpected from "my" city.

In any event, sending you the non-Covid vibes and I do truly hope you feel better ASAP. Stay safe. Let us know how you're doing
I was not at the park! I live at Yonge-Bloor. The subway system is the hub here. Just walking by people, grocery shopping, elevator can be tough. Sidewalks are narrow!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Ontario Place was awesome! I had a girlfriend who worked the log-ride as a student in the summer. Even kids today would have loved it!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Morning all Wow-so many pages of posts overnight, how wonderful

Thanks Coz

Time-well done on getting through the night and avoiding the neighbours’ drinking. It does get easier.

Hi hopeful- I remember you too J I know for many blood pressure reduces hugely once we stop drinking. I hope you look after yourself and get through the next few days. We are here for you J Congrats on day 2.

Daria-sounds like you had a very productive day. My house has never been so clean or as organized as when I’ve stopped drinking J Great stuff on finishing Narcos. What is next on the list?

WL-I hope you don’t have the virus and feel better very soon. Take it easy and look after yourself.

Splash-I had that too in the first couple of days. Sure it was the toxins or my body reacting to not having alcohol. Hope it goes soon.

Citrus-hope your mood improves today and congrats on 2 weeks!

Congrats to everyone on their milestones whether day 1 or 51.

TC-good to hear from you. Hope you are ok J

Erratic-lovely to see you. Stick with us and we will help you stay sober. Enjoy gardening. Be kind to yourself.

FF-hope your exhaustion eases as the day goes on.

Myst-enjoy shopping! I go once every 2 weeks and it is the highlight for me too. Are you coming out of lockdown? Yes it is about 10 weeks. I was off 2 weeks before too as Jr RAL had a dry cough so had to quarantine. At least we have had decent weather J

So day 14 for me. Feel good. Lost half a stone in weight in 2 weeks although I have been watching what I eat quite strictly too. And I have put on a stone since Christmas so it’s that easier first half stone to lose if that makes sense. Had chocolate a few times but mainly reduced carbs and high protein and fat. Makes me feel mentally better too. I am off work for at least another 2 weeks, possibly more but I won’t know that until nearer the time. Hopefully I will go back 2 weeks today and have a good 4 weeks solid sobriety foundation for the challenges that lie ahead.

Bank holiday here today, not that it makes any difference as I’m off every day anyway. Weather looking ok so will get out and do some painting and then read, read and read! Looking forward to the summer when homeschooling comes to an end and things open up (hopefully) and we can get out and go to places. Everything will feel so new and special after being locked up for over 10 weeks.
Take care everyone and have a good day/evening/sleep.x
Old 05-25-2020, 12:35 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Parents are in work. AV telling me to go into their room and drink some hand sanitizer.

Ignoring it. I recognize it's just my AV that wants to drink. I don't want to drink
I want to be sixteen weeks and four days sober going back to college in September.

Day 4 now. My last day 4.
​​​​​
​​​​
Old 05-25-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Parents are in work. AV telling me to go into their room and drink some hand sanitizer.

Ignoring it. I recognize it's just my AV that wants to drink. I don't want to drink
I want to be sixteen weeks and four days sober going back to college in September.

Day 4 now. My last day 4.
​​​​​
​​​​
FF - remember to not ever drink hand sanitizer again! It is really bad for you. So pleased you put that thought aside this time - hold onto the 16 weeks and 4 days - it will be great to start college with a clear mind and focus.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you dismissed that thought - at the very best you'd be ill, and it could get worse, FF.

D
Old 05-25-2020, 01:10 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Insomnia is a such a constant problem. Sober and drunk. My mind never stops. I may sleep every 3 days. I get a flood of memories when everything is dark, quiet and dozing off. I wake up again and can't get back to sleep. It's always been a problem. Not all the time, but never gets better. Just have done so much damage to my life. My brain seems to remind me when I am sleeping.

I haven't seen a single family member in 3 years. My mother didn't even want to let me know she was dying. Preferred to just die. My siblings were there. That weighs on me. My mother really held some sort of grudge that I didn't know about. She died about a year and a half ago. No funeral. No explanation. Just a phone call from my dad who said that my mother was dead. I have never even seen my parents house they bought 7 years ago.

I got exiled from the family because I said some things while blackout drunk 10 years ago. 10 years is a long time to hold a grudge for an immediate family member. Still can't understand why. It was one night.

Need to vent. I was a good son for 30 years. When I start having problems, family completely turned their backs. Mom was an alcoholic her whole adult life!
Old 05-25-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

My doctor is going to call me tomorrow morning and I'm gonna ask him to increase the Antabuse from 200 to 400mg. Hopefully that will help.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've been treated shabbily WL.
I hope you'll be able to let the hurt go sometime.

I've built a family of people I've chosen. Works for me.

Whats your hope with the higher dose FF?
D
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Does antabuse get rid of cravings or just make you ill when you take it and drink? Never used it so just curious.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Does antabuse get rid of cravings or just make you ill when you take it and drink? Never used it so just curious.
​​​​​​It just makes you ill if you put drink
Old 05-25-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Whats your hope with the higher dose FF?
D
​​​​​​I hope I'll be more confident the med would make me sick if I drink so it'll make me less likely to try it.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it works. See what your Dr says I guess

Gotta be honest and say aversion therapy never worked for me. My mind would be geared to discovering the point at which I could drink and not feel too unwell

I hope this doesn’t sound unsupportive,

I’m just worried if you were to drink on a higher dose you might end up in hospital. Ask your Dr about other options too, maybe?
Old 05-25-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I guess I could ask about meds that reduce cravings.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks FF. For me, I need to look at the positives of NOT drinking and why I don't want to drink.

Can you get more support - AA etc to learn coping skills to work through cravings rather than relying on antabuse. Not to say it's not a good thing if it works but maybe something else is needed too. Just reading a response from someone on your other thread who said they've been on antabuse for years and not drunk but since lockdown not been able to get any and has drunk. I was taking meds in my first few days sober but really scared of just getting hooked on a different drug,
Old 05-25-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I hope you’ve had a great weekend.

FF I hope the talk with your Dr goes well and brings some positives.

That’s seven days complete for me and I’m now on day 8. A lovely swim in beautiful sunshine at the lake this morning to start the day. Bank holiday Monday now so just concentrating on not taking the first drink, hour by hour.

Have a lovely day all 😁
Old 05-25-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Trying again. Day, again. But I'm not giving up. Alcohol is not my friend: it has taken my health, career, and self-esteem. Drinking is like returning to an abusive husband. Not happening. GO AWAY! Problem is I get it in the morning but by the evening I go back to my enemy and my abuser, MR. ALCOHOL!
Old 05-25-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

WL, I'm so sorry your family has been so awful to you. Who knows what makes people do such hurtful things? Alcoholism does terrible things to families. For me, I've come to the point where I just need to let the past go. Others may disagree, some say we have to work all this out, and I may find that is true later. But for right now I'm trying to stay in the present. When the painful memories or worries from the past come up, I take a deep breath, relax and just let it pass through and away. I'm sending you hugs and support.
Congrats on Day 8 Berony! The lake swim sounds so awesome.
FF, I hope your doctor visit is a help. I hope you don't drink any hand sanitizer. It's poison. Then, when you add in the antabuse, it's practically suicidal. I'm so glad you came here and posted about it.
Congrats to everyone on your sober days.