Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-24-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Happy to be on day 13. No real plans for the day yet, besides working on my sweater. Maybe some more painting in the living room. My hubby went to work for a little while so we will see if he feels like paining when he gets home. Kids are all still sleeping, so its just coffee for me and a little cuddle with out silly kitty.

Love reading what you all have been up to. So proud of the sober days we are all racking up!

Thano you for the book suggestions RAL. And Sober369 and Lily for the book title giggles!
Old 05-24-2020, 07:57 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Oops.....I was one day out with your 2 week celebration in the 24-hr connection thread.....we will celebrate again tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Citrus, 13 days is amazing, well done you!

Is it "normal" to be absolutely ravenous on day 4? I want to eat everything in sight. My medication I'm on for other reasons makes me really thirsty, so I generally drink loads and loads of water anyway, so I've tried upping my fluids but I am still absolutely ravenous!

Hope everyone is having a good day today. So far so good into day 4 for me, but tonight will be tough. The first bank holiday, other than when I've been pregnant, that I won't be drunk. Scary and amazing all at the same time!
Old 05-24-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Amazing and wonderful.

And yes, it sounds pretty normal to me to be hungry.....also really good.
Your body is healing and asking for nutrients by the sounds of things. ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

"......when it's time to change, you've got to rearrange who you are and what you wanna be......"

Anyone recognise that?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

That takes me back to days sick as a kid, laying on the couch watching reruns with my dear sweet Granny. ❤
Old 05-24-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Sha na na na na na na na....... s ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 09:54 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I posted on May 15th about starting over after drinking for over a month after having basically quit for a year. I made it to 24 hours sober. Didn't have a drink that night before. The next day about noon, I had an appliance nightmare with water leaking. I'm so sad and disappointed to say that I started again right after that.
So today I'm trying again. Blood pressure has already gone up. I do have extra medication that the doctor prescribed to take when my blood pressure is up until it goes back down. It's done this a few times even when I wasn't drinking at all. But I am pretty sure this is because I haven't had a drink in 13 hours.
I really appreciate everyone that responded to my last post. I was too embarrassed to come back two days later and say I only made it 24 hours.
But I keep planning my day. I just want to chill out. Relax. No stress. Drink lots of water and tea to flush my system out and try and make it through tonight.
Hope
Old 05-24-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
Hi everyone. I posted on May 15th about starting over after drinking for over a month after having basically quit for a year. I made it to 24 hours sober. Didn't have a drink that night before. The next day about noon, I had an appliance nightmare with water leaking. I'm so sad and disappointed to say that I started again right after that.
So today I'm trying again. Blood pressure has already gone up. I do have extra medication that the doctor prescribed to take when my blood pressure is up until it goes back down. It's done this a few times even when I wasn't drinking at all. But I am pretty sure this is because I haven't had a drink in 13 hours.
I really appreciate everyone that responded to my last post. I was too embarrassed to come back two days later and say I only made it 24 hours.
But I keep planning my day. I just want to chill out. Relax. No stress. Drink lots of water and tea to flush my system out and try and make it through tonight.
Hope
Fantastic that you've made the step to come back for the support! Never feel embarrassed to come back for support - if I've learnt anything over the last few days it's that everyone on here has eachother's backs, judgement free!
Lots of water and tea sounds like a fab idea, and I've been doing the same. I'm only on day 4, but I have tried many times in the past to get sober and never got past a day or two, so I completely understand your frustration. You've got this, keep going!
Old 05-24-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good morning/aftternoon! Start of day 10 here.

Time4Change, I'm often really hungry early on. Not every time, but more often then not.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Sober365, my avatar isn't my cat, but reminds me of him, because he loves to chew on straws 😂.

Day 4 today. Raining here, but good reason to relax all day and watch some TV guilt-free.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Goodnight all. See you tomorrow on day 4.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hope
Originally Posted by Time4Change2020 View Post
Fantastic that you've made the step to come back for the support! Never feel embarrassed to come back for support - if I've learnt anything over the last few days it's that everyone on here has eachother's backs, judgement free!
Lots of water and tea sounds like a fab idea, and I've been doing the same. I'm only on day 4, but I have tried many times in the past to get sober and never got past a day or two, so I completely understand your frustration. You've got this, keep going!
Absolutely.....what Time4Change said.... we are all with you dear HY. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 11:36 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Great news, Freedom! Congrats!
Hopeful, I'm glad you came back. Welcome to the May class, you will love it here. I promise we won't judge you. I hope today is the first day of a long and wonderful sober journey!
Time4, I had a huge appetite at first, too. It was important for me not to get hungry. I ate a lot, tried to eat healthy food but I also ate and still eat treats sometimes. When I get to thinking of drinking, I have whatever I want. I'm still losing weight! Alcohol packs on the pounds for me.
I poured coffee in my keyboard and couldn't fix it, so I had to go to Walmart! It's crazy there. I hope I didn't catch the virus. I tried not to breathe much and was in and out pretty quick.
I hope everyone's enjoying this long weekend!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:38 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi Hopeful and Jewel, I am glad you are both here.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

It is such a beautiful day here, I need to get myself outside. Feeling a little blah though.
Hubby's working ended up in him farming so I am sure he will be gone the whole day and part of the evening. I started making cinnamon rolls, my oldest son's favorite. And then my MIL stole him, lol. The middle is still sleeping, so the yongest and I are enjoying my baking!
Thinking of making some potato salad for dinner. Not sure what else I want to have with it though! Haha. We had burgers last night, wish I had thought of making it then.

Sober369, I find myself holding my breath when I go into public now as well, even with a mask on. And I rush past people I have to cross as if that will help. I am a bit of a germaphobe to begin with.
Sending good "not contracting the virus" vibes your way.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Did I miss saying Welcome to Jewel?? If so, Welcome back Jewel! I'm so glad you're here. I think you know several of us. I hope today is easy for you!
Old 05-24-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Checking in. I have been around lurking but much less than normal. Hope everyone is doing well this Sunday or whatever day it is!
Old 05-24-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Coz

Hope
Great that you are back with us Hopeful!
I struggled to get past day one after my last 'relapse', but got there after a few tries. Bit tongue in cheek, but did drinking fix the appliances and stop the water leaking? My go-to plan for when I want a drink starts with a "why do I want a drink?", then ''will a drink fix the why?", then "is there a better way to fix the why". I have some more steps after that if I still can't convince myself that drinking is not going to make anything better.
Please don't ever be embarrassed about posting here. I kept posting and it was the support and encouragement that helped me make day 1 a reality.
Enjoy your chill out day - post whenever you need!
Old 05-24-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Hi all, I’m back. Well, I need this to be day one, so I’m posting for accountability. I was doing so well, but I just drank a bottle of wine (plus) a day for 15 days. I’ve gained 5 lbs, not running, feeling so blah, and wanting to be back in the light. I see some familiar faces here. Looking forward to getting the better me back. I will post tonight I did not drink, and that will be success!
Hi Jewel
Welcome back.
I am looking forward to your 'day one done' post! Be really nice to yourself for a few days. Sending cyber strength and determination to get you through the journey.