SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2020 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447553-class-may-2020-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 05-21-2020 07:21 PM

Class of May 2020 Part 3

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-20.html

D

Dee74 05-21-2020 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wastinglife (Post 7448873)
Thanks Dee!, although I thought I had fixed it and took a nap. I am joking, but was up watching Netflix for too long. Couldn't figure it out. Too tired!

No worries :)

you can reorient pics with any photo editor. Lots of them online - I use a download called irfanview - it's small and free and will resize and reorient pics.

D

Fallow 05-21-2020 08:15 PM

Checking in! This thread moves so fast I can't keep up 🙁

So sorry I have missed a lot and need to catch up. Hope everyone is learning what they need in class. I am doing well but every day has its moments.

Catch up soon!

dig12 05-21-2020 08:24 PM

Fallow / it sure is!!!

I'm all caught up on my SR reading and it feels great.

ZZZzzz..... from.... Canada, eh?!?

mystified 05-21-2020 08:54 PM

Thank you for the new thread Dee.

TiredCarpenter 05-21-2020 09:00 PM

New thread. Gotta get in on this!

Be well, SRers.

Citrus 05-21-2020 09:11 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

So happy to be going to bed sober once again. Knowing I won't be waking in the middle of the night with horrible anxiety and that tomorrow morning will be hangover free has got to be one of the best feelings ever.

Love to all :grouphug:

mystified 05-21-2020 11:41 PM

Morning classmates.

It's a blustery and damp day here on the UK.

I posted in the 24 hr thread about the dream I had last night about hearing a song that made me think of my mom here.

My other half just said he heard old fashioned music, like from an old phonograph, in the early hours too.

Perhaps we need Mulder and Scully to investigate?

freedomfries 05-21-2020 11:42 PM

Day 1. Sigh.

One good thing is all my slips the last few days were small. I didn't get drunk and did feel quite sick. So th Antabuse is working to some degree.

But I need to stop having slips.

ReadyAtLast 05-21-2020 11:56 PM

Morning all
Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Congrats on 30 days Lilylady and everyone else on their days :)

Love your cat Citrus and its name :)

Good to see you Fallow :)

FF - maybe you need some F2F support. The antabuse isn't working on its own. I know days when I drank and didn't get drunk or feel too bad were often the scariest because I thought 'oh I'm ok, I don't really have a problem. I'm not even drunk.' I hope you can reach out for more help irl.

Day 11 here. Wild old day yet sunny but too wild to sit out. I seem to have got into a decent sleep routine now where I fall asleep pretty quickly, sleep for 4 hours then wake briefly then asleep for another 3/4 hours. The only thing is I feel rough when I get up. Maybe it's a sugar headache today from yesterday!!

Jr RAL going to see his father for the weekend. I am feeling pretty rough today so will just take the day hour by hour, No major plans.
Have a good day night all,x

freedomfries 05-22-2020 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7448932)

FF - maybe you need some F2F support. The antabuse isn't working on its own. I know days when I drank and didn't get drunk or feel too bad were often the scariest because I thought 'oh I'm ok, I don't really have a problem. I'm not even drunk.' I hope you can reach out for more help irl.

Not much in the way of f2f support right now. Maybe when the lockdown is over.

ReadyAtLast 05-22-2020 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7448934)
Not much in the way of f2f support right now. Maybe when the lockdown is over.

Yes of course. Can you see your doctor though and maybe get some sort of referral. Or online AA or SMART meetings perhaps.

Wastinglife 05-22-2020 12:26 AM

Don't worry FF, always support here. 24/7!

ReadyAtLast 05-22-2020 12:49 AM

Sorry FF didn't mean to imply we are not here for you for support too. we are always here :)

Berony 05-22-2020 01:22 AM

Good morning Class,

Coz congratulations on day 14 and enjoy the technical day of decking construction!

Lillady- a month! Well done, it’s a milestone I’m looking forward to get to

Mysti- X-files 😂

Also congratulation on everyone’s milestones.

I’m now on day 5, I had an interesting/comical evening yesterday, after a day at the woods with my son’s having fun I had booked a swim session at the local lake which has recently opened. I turned up on time and started getting the wetsuit on, ripped the left leg nearly in half, due to the distancing measures we have to do our own suits up. I thought never mind about the leg rip and continued to try and zip myself up, pulled the zip clean off the back of the suit. This was the perfect moment to explode and throw a fit, but something different happened, I took the now wreaked suit off, threw it in the car, and drove home laughing to myself about the situation, just put it down to a ‘wasn’t to be’ evening rather than going to buy two bottles of red because I was ‘p****d off’.

thats a new mind set for me and I quite liked it, maybe I am in it for good this time.

have a lovely day Guys and Girls 😁

Dee74 05-22-2020 02:05 AM

I hope everyone has a great sober weekend :)

I'm glad you made it back again FF.
Its up to you as to what you're prepared to do.

How it worked for me was every time I relapsed I got a little more open to the idea of trying things I wasn't open to trying before.
I hope it works that way for you and I pray it doesn't take too long - we don't want to lose you, man - you're really pushing the envelope..

D

Reid82 05-22-2020 02:17 AM

Thanks for the update, Dee.

Recovery417 05-22-2020 04:05 AM

Afternoon everyone

Day 3 for me , starting to struggle a wee bit with the weekend upon us. Just trying to remember how bad I felt at the start of the week after a heavy bender last weekend , definitely don’t want to go back there again , it’s the addictive voices talking away which I am trying to ignore and see through. Got some stuff lined up to do after work today to keep me busy.

Dee74 05-22-2020 04:42 AM

Remember we are here for support 24/7..you're not alone.
you really can get through this weekend sober Recovery417 :)

D

venuscat 05-22-2020 05:15 AM

Welcome to the group dear Recovery417! :) :hug: ❤️

And :grouphug: