Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-24-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi all. I was up at 4 am, the dogs thought there was something outside and wouldn't stop barking. Got them quiet and couldn't go back to sleep. I cut the grass yesterday and when I was done I was so tired and hurting all over that I laid down to watch the tube about 4 p.m. and really never did another thing for the rest of the night. The yard looks good though.
I'm an avid reader, too. I've been reading mostly spiritual and recovery related things lately, but you guys have me wanting a good story book now. I love true stories and also scary stories. I think I would love the book about Princess Margaret's Lady in Waiting. I'm going to look it up.
Congrats on day 13, RAL!
See you all later!
Old 05-24-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time, RAL. FF, I'll be going for a long walk later too
Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I tried to buy the Rational Recovery book but got the wrong one and ended up with Refuge Recovery.
I am sorry Karen, but I found this quite funny. I'm sure it will be an interesting read though.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:19 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I thought it was funny, too. Even funnier to me was that I was half way through the book before I discovered that this was not the book I had been hearing about on SR. I kept thinking, "I don't see what the hype is about...". Not that it was a bad book and may be a great program, but I just didn't see it having that widespread appeal that I sensed the other book had here. So I did some looking around on SR to see what others were saying and realized what I had done. Good heavens, I hope my brain gets better soon!
It had it's good parts, but was a little to heavy for me when I tried to read it. I may try again later, but probably not.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Hope everyone has enjoyed or are still enjoying the weekend.

Berony - how did you go over the weekend? You mentioned you were a bit nervous of achieving a sober weekend.
FF - 3 days! Yay. Where do you go walking?
Dig - envious of your pool. It is getting a bit cool here for swimming, but great to hear that you are enjoying the sober outdoor life.
RAL and Karen - where do you find the time to read so much? I miss reading books I want to read. My work meant that I spent most of my reading time reading reports and papers. With work behind me for a while, I will try and make some time to start reading something for me.
T4C - well done in getting home without stopping in at the bottle shop. Great effort.
Daria - sounds like you are living 'night-shift hours'. Might need to do a gradual change to something that works better for you.
Splash - Congrats on 4 days! That's the worst bit over, but still a few challenging days ahead.
Outdoors and Unknown - are you OK? Haven't seen a post for a while (but there are so many that I might have accidentally missed one or two).
WL, Citrus, Fallow, Mysti, Lily, TiredCarpenter, Suze - thinking of you all.
Dee- thanks so much for all you do on this forum. You seem to always be around with words of wisdom for all of us

I've now made the 16 day mark and pretty happy with how I am travelling. Only one moment of seriously wanting a drink, but I used my go-to plan and only had to go through the first three steps before beating AV into submission - yay me!
Old 05-24-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Just back from my second walk of the day. So 15km total walking today. Gotta lose this weight
Good to get out. The weather's lovely and I'm near the canal. ​
Old 05-24-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

That's wonderful dear FF! 15ks.....wow. ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's wonderful dear FF! 15ks.....wow. ❤️
Well I've got a big beer belly that I want shifted before college. Got to get serious about weight loss.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday afternoon all!

FF, that’s a great distance to walk!

Coz, thanks for asking, I’m now on day 7 sober, last nights challenge was a family quiz via Zoom, which normally means alcohol, a lot of it. I sat through and enjoyed, got a bit frustrated a couple of times but calmed myself down ok. Have had a nice run in the trails and a coffee beside the canal this morning. Enjoying feeling fresh in the morning now and being the first one awake in the house for some peace time before the kids and wife arise 😁
Bank holiday Monday activity is a swim in the lake to start the day, I’ll need to find something to fill the rest of the day.

Enjoy the weekend all
Old 05-24-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days dear Berony!!!!
And what a beautiful way to start the day. ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, the lovely weather is definitely helping at the moment, being able to get out and be active is a god send 😁
Old 05-24-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time4Change2020 View Post
Just wanted to check in and say I managed to bypass the shop on my way home. I picked up some peppermint tea yesterday as I find that relaxes me sometimes. My neighbour asked me this morning if I wanted to have a drink over the fence tonight, I just said I have a migraine, I don’t know what else to say! What do you say to people when they ask why you’re not drinking? Everyone will assume I’m pregnant, as the only time I’ve been at social events not drinking is when I’ve been pregnant with my kids. Although I guess lockdown is a good time for this as nowhere to be!

I ramble a bit when my anxiety takes over sorry!

Hi Time,

Well done for by passing the shop on your way home. I’ve come across the ‘fancy a drink’ question 4 or 5 times this week as all my friends and family associate me with drinking all the time. I’ve answered ‘I’m taking a month off to give my body a break’.I know in my mind that I’m going sober for good, but this answer for me seemed the least awkward when I have been asked
Old 05-24-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi all, I’m back. Well, I need this to be day one, so I’m posting for accountability. I was doing so well, but I just drank a bottle of wine (plus) a day for 15 days. I’ve gained 5 lbs, not running, feeling so blah, and wanting to be back in the light. I see some familiar faces here. Looking forward to getting the better me back. I will post tonight I did not drink, and that will be success!
Old 05-24-2020, 06:10 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Welcome back dear Jewel!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi Jewel,

I hope day one goes well for you
Old 05-24-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Hi all, I’m back. Well, I need this to be day one, so I’m posting for accountability. I was doing so well, but I just drank a bottle of wine (plus) a day for 15 days. I’ve gained 5 lbs, not running, feeling so blah, and wanting to be back in the light. I see some familiar faces here. Looking forward to getting the better me back. I will post tonight I did not drink, and that will be success!
Welcome back Jewel.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Best of luck, Jewel.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hello, classmates. The morning of day 32 for me.

FF, so glad to see you are progressing in your abstinence -- that's quite a walk you did!
Berony, happy day 7.
Coz -- 16 days, is awesome!
Jewel, good for you coming back and making a new day 1. We've all had a few of those, I think.
Sober369, I had a funny book experience buying one for the Mister. I went to Barnes & Noble and told them I wanted Deep Wave. No luck. Huh, it's a popular book. Look up the author Erik Larson. Oh. The name of the book is Dead Wake.

Greetings to all our other May classmates.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 12
Old 05-24-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Fantastic dear Lily....32 days.
And ha ha re the book title.....I transpose stuff lie that all of the time.

Maria honey ~ are you alright? s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx