Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-26-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Done with day 12. Goodnight class.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good morning. Headed to my Uncle's memorial service.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

(((Citrus))) ❤️❤️

And you have kept the promise now baby.....the one to yourself. So proud of you. s xx
Old 10-27-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Yesterday I just laid low. Did some errands in the morning and then went to a local farm to pick up some fresh produce. I did some cooking for the week and I'm embarrassed to say I drank later on. I'm overwhelmed and frightened and alone and was craving the relaxation I guess. Nothing else really to add except at least the drinking days are becoming further apart.

Today is rainy and miserable. I have plans to go to a friend's house to carve jack o lanterns later.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

With drinking "off the table" - a commonly used expression by UK politicians at the moment - I've found it a little strange coping with anything negative without it.
Fell out with a friend over the phone this morning. What else happened? I can't remember, but a couple of things pissed me off. It doesn't matter what they were really because anything would have been a good reason to get a few drinks inside me.
I'm feeling a bit lonely and low right now but, strange as it might seem, I'm actually quite liking feeling this mood and not running away from it for a change.
I see that drinking is just about trying to supress my own unpleasant feelings whereas I would have previously thought that these feelings are really the world out there.
I think I'm learning an awful lot this past week or so. I don't know how I've ever given up drinking before because I haven't had any insight. I suppose it's because I just replaced the alcohol with other stuff.
Anyway, it's day 8 for me.
It's nice and sunny outside. Good luck everybody.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

hello everyone.
I’m tired of drinking.

i was sober. Tried moderation. It was stressful counting and keeping track of limits. It’s best if I just become a non drinker. It’s only a matter of time before I slide back into hell.

yesterday was proof of that.... nothing too crazy, but an indicator that moderation will ultimately fail.

just a little bi about me:

female, forty something
3 kids: 2 teenager girls and a 12 year old boy
In grad school

i have a super husband and dog too.

all of my family is them.... I have sibling etc, but we don’t do much together anymore.

i love to do sports, be outside, play,

i just need to quit this before I get really bad again. I drank all the time. A lot. It got pretty bad after my mom passed away in January 2018, so I joined SR in April and was pretty successful. I dropped off the scene and did okay and I started moderating and counting after my dad passed away 11 months later.

it’s been a year already and it’s starting to be 4 instead of 3 beers, if I go over my limit of 7 per week, I will “rob” some from the next week etc... overall, the last two months have borrowed from the next two and so on. It’s just dumb.

everyone likes me better when I’m on the sober train. Most importantly, I like me better when I’m on that train too.

i will try and learn who you all are. Part of my plan is to join you all and post everyday. In general I’m super busy, so it may just be an accountability check. But I hope to support you as much as I can when I can.

thanks for having me.

day 1
Old 10-27-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi gang..

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We've all had some challenges hear and there.

I had some frustrations to deal with at home on Friday night, but we worked through it. Meaning, in my true fashion, I just figured Saturday is a new day and let's just move passed the blow-out!

I assembled a Hutch/TV stand yesterday. That only took my 3 hours. Though is rare form, I took my time and read through all of the directions.....looks great.

Well, on to day 32. Take care everyone!

Keep the dream alive!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

7 days! yes I did have a few slips in October! 7 days feels great. Finally 100%. This last go was quite a blow. I think I've had enough. I know I have had enough!
Old 10-27-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Good morning everyone. Yesterday I just laid low. Did some errands in the morning and then went to a local farm to pick up some fresh produce. I did some cooking for the week and I'm embarrassed to say I drank later on. I'm overwhelmed and frightened and alone and was craving the relaxation I guess. Nothing else really to add except at least the drinking days are becoming further apart.

Today is rainy and miserable. I have plans to go to a friend's house to carve jack o lanterns later.
(((Linners))) ❤️

I hope today is nice for you, and I am sorry yesterday was so hard... s
Old 10-27-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

7 days is wonderful dear Joy!!! ❤️

And you sound so god dear taplow. 8 days is also awesome!!! ❤️
Old 10-27-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Welcome back dear 3trees. ❤️❤️❤️
Old 10-27-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me. Went 10 years, cold turkey and started binging about two years ago after younger brother died and a stressful promotion. Would stop months and weeks but the last two week bender was enough for me to hang it up. The shakes, anxiety etc.. not worth it. Saw a Dr, tapered and Im feeling pretty good right now. Appoint with therapist soon also.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hello dear Izzy.....belated welcome to SR. s

I am so very sorry about your brother. s ❤️
Old 10-27-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Made it home with no booze. I'm gonna hibernate in my bed for a while with my hoodie hood up. That took more out of me than I imagined.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Day 12. Tired today.. just hanging around the house and going to rest today. Another day down.

Hope everyone finds the support and courage they need to get through another day.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

So much love dear Citrus. s

And you too dear No longer sad for lost drinking. s
Old 10-27-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Morning all from Oz
I'm battling through the "ups and downs" of life but feeling very grateful today. I'm sorry to all who are suffering, for what it is worth I'm still sending my compassion your way. Keep fighting the good fight xxoo
Old 10-27-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Morning dear Zura. xx ❤️
Old 10-27-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy1962 View Post
Day 6 for me. Went 10 years, cold turkey and started binging about two years ago after younger brother died and a stressful promotion. Would stop months and weeks but the last two week bender was enough for me to hang it up. The shakes, anxiety etc.. not worth it. Saw a Dr, tapered and Im feeling pretty good right now. Appoint with therapist soon also.
I'm so happy you are here with us. 10 years is crazy awesome! Grief got the best of me too or should I say the worse of me when my 13 year old cousin took his life in 2015. After 18 months I started drinking again not too soon after his passing. Getting sober long term again is so much more difficult now. Buy SR is my life vest and I'm so happy you are here
Old 10-27-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Not to make a big deal of it, but I hear you all....I lost it completely in 2012 when my mum died. It's hard stuff. s Just want to say I understand big time. s xx