Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-24-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

You dont want no stinkin beer, stay strong Citrus!! I wish i could share my lettuce with you all lol. At least you have the farmers market! Sounds like a very productive day Linners
Old 10-24-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

You are so right Zura! Just a yummy salmon and baked potato dinner. And maybe some popcorn later. No stinking beer!

We are very lucky to have an awsome farmers market. My kids and I adore fresh veggies and fruit. Hence the screen name.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Since we're all friends here, I thought I would be honest and tell you that I hit a bump in the road and fell off the wagon on Sunday. I'm back on track though. I went to a session with my counsellor today and was able to vent. We're going to work on new coping strategies and Monday I start the group sessions of the IOP. Here I go again!
Old 10-24-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back on the right road MC

D
Old 10-24-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Going to bed late. My daughter asked me about an hour and a half ago to make yogurt in the instantpot. It's nice to be able to be awake and clear headed to do it for her.

Good night class!
Old 10-25-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Since we're all friends here, I thought I would be honest and tell you that I hit a bump in the road and fell off the wagon on Sunday. I'm back on track though. I went to a session with my counsellor today and was able to vent. We're going to work on new coping strategies and Monday I start the group sessions of the IOP. Here I go again!
Hop back on the sober bus MagnumCat! Sounds like a good approach with the counsellor. Let us know what the group sessions are like!: Dance7:
Old 10-25-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Day 18. End of a long week. Even my feet are sore! No nasty AV today. Dinner is cooking and my cat is waiting on the sofa for me to finish up on the PC.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Slept horribly last night. Anxiety/worrying about life stuff and too much caffeine I'm guessing. I've noticed that lately I have to really watch it with the coffee. Any more than two cups in the morning and I just don't sleep at night. I've definitely become more sensitive to it. Also had gross night sweats. Not sure if it's alcohol/detox related or if it has to do with a medication I've recently reduced the dosage of. Either way it sucks but I'm glad I didn't wake up hungover at least.

Have an appointment later this morning re: a situation pertaining to a family member. Not looking forward to it but I'm hoping once I go I'll get some clarity and direction and the anxiety will be eased somewhat. I'll check in a bit later. Hope you guys are all doing ok!
Old 10-25-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

(((Linners))) ❤️

Hope it goes well. s

Love to all of you.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Slept horribly last night. Anxiety/worrying about life stuff and too much caffeine I'm guessing. I've noticed that lately I have to really watch it with the coffee. Any more than two cups in the morning and I just don't sleep at night. I've definitely become more sensitive to it. Also had gross night sweats. Not sure if it's alcohol/detox related or if it has to do with a medication I've recently reduced the dosage of. Either way it sucks but I'm glad I didn't wake up hungover at least.

Have an appointment later this morning re: a situation pertaining to a family member. Not looking forward to it but I'm hoping once I go I'll get some clarity and direction and the anxiety will be eased somewhat. I'll check in a bit later. Hope you guys are all doing ok!
Sorry you didn't sleep well are feeling uneasy. We know you'll get through it though.

Be careful with the coffee and caffeine....advice that has been passed on to me many times on SR.

Waking up without a hang-over....Priceless!

Nevertheless, hang in there to you and all of SR and Octsobers...

30 D.O.S. Today. I'm pleased to have reached that initial objective.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Old 10-25-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hello. It's my 6th day and it's party, party, party all the way.
I had a good sleep last night though and that's a real rarity. I slept about 8 or 9 hours interspersed with a 1/2 hour break which I spent adjusting the timer for the boiler and eating brie.
I woke up feeling good and after a couple of hours I took the new blood pressure medication that I suspected wrecked me yesterday and I got a headache - though not as bad as yesterday's onslaught- but at least I know what's to blame.
I had stuff to do today which I cancelled due to being me, so it's been a sitting about day. I might go out later, but then again I might not. Decisions, decisions.
I'm as sober as a judge. This is the only ruling I obey. Court of sobriety adjourned.
Best wishes everyone.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Fixing the boiler and eating brie.....
So where is the boiler? Did you take a plate of crackers to go with the brie?
I love water crackers....the original plain ones.
I do think that's a pretty impressive middle of the night adventure....and managing tools while eating cheese and not getting grease and crumbs everywhere? Impressive any time of day.

I was just now thinking of you dear taplow. s
I cancel things as well and it is not a trait I like in myself.
Maybe go out somewhere just for a little while that is just for you....like a trip to a cake shop. I would really love a chocolate eclair if you do go. ❤️
Old 10-25-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good morning. Off to a gloomy slightly damp morning here, but that is just fine as it is a lazy day for us. Looks like tomorrow could be a very wet cross country meet though! About to make granola to go with the yogurt that will be done soon. All 4 of my sweeties are still sleeping. Carving pumpkins is the big thing on our to do list today, should be some messy fun.

Linners, I'm sorry you had a rough nights sleep. I hope that the family issue goes smoothly.

Taplow, fantastic job on day 6! I love seeing us all rack up some good days.

Neverthought, 30 days?! Wow you rock! I can't wait to be you in 19 days.

Good morning Suze.

Patcha, great job on 18 days! Yours has to be my favorite avatar right now, so cute!

MagnumCat, I'm sorry you drank on Sunday. But am so glad you are right back to being sober. Stick close and post if you have a craving.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! Going to a Zombiepalooza tonight. Love to all!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Wow what is that......off to look it up.

OK....that sounds fantastic Joy!!!!!! xx
Old 10-25-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Happy Friday! Going to a Zombiepalooza tonight. Love to all!
Sounds frightening!

I was at a Palooza once, but a different Palooza.....LollaPalooza.

'92... Montage ski resort...Pearl Jam/Chili Peppers/Sound Garden..

A real whipper-snapper at the age of 22. I remember it like it was yesterday....

Sorry-sidetracked...

Have a great time with the Zombies!...

There is an old penitentiary near Philly that's been transformed into a haunted house with great costumes/make-up. Scary as He!! I've heard....haven't been there yet. My wife went though because her crazy brother dressed up and auditioned. He's part of the show now...he's not all there!...
Old 10-25-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Well...the appointment did not go well. A little background...I am involved in the closing of a family member's estate. There has been legal holdup after holdup, and it's been dragging on for close to two years now. I was hoping to get some answers with an accountant today, but was advised to seek direction with someone else, in a different state. This has been a messy, complicated issue as it involves several different states and I'm just feeling very mentally/emotionally done. I have an attorney, but I'm less than pleased with him. However things seem to be so close to being finished that finding someone else doesn't make sense.

My nerves feel ragged.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Taplow & Venus...I cancel things sometimes too, lol. Sometimes it's necessary to maintain some semblance of mental health, no?
Old 10-25-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Drank last night. No excuses. Not blaming anyone but myself. I cooked dinner and split a bottle of wine with the bf. Nothing bad happened but I of course feel physically worse this morning. Tired, thirsty, and not motivated or focused at work.

I can't seem to get it together right now. I guess that part of me is not fully committed to sobriety. Obviously, right? I kind of keep getting sucked back in by the "but maybe I can moderate" thing. Or, "it's just tonight." But I should know that that hasn't worked the past 1,000 times I tried. I should know that even if it seems like it's working now, eventually it won't. I also know that, as Dee has reminded me, there's no such thing as a free pass with addiction. Drinking is always a bad idea even if nothing bad immediately happens. I know this. And yet.

I really need some clarity right now on what my goals are and I know that no one else can provide that but me. It might not even be fair to post here right now, but I feel like being around SR has got to be better than not being around.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Well...the appointment did not go well. A little background...I am involved in the closing of a family member's estate. There has been legal holdup after holdup, and it's been dragging on for close to two years now. I was hoping to get some answers with an accountant today, but was advised to seek direction with someone else, in a different state. This has been a messy, complicated issue as it involves several different states and I'm just feeling very mentally/emotionally done. I have an attorney, but I'm less than pleased with him. However things seem to be so close to being finished that finding someone else doesn't make sense.

My nerves feel ragged.
Oh, that must be just so hard! s
I would be thinking along the same lines as you....if it is close to being finished, I would put up with the not-great lawyer and just never use him again. s

I am sorry you feel this way....I am sure I would as well.
Is there anything you can do just for you today? xx

Taplow & Venus...I cancel things sometimes too, lol. Sometimes it's necessary to maintain some semblance of mental health, no?
Yes, for sure. Sometimes a mental-health day is really necessary. I am in fact having one today.
Just organised a no-cooking night and my husband is bringing home pizza which we will eat while watching Halloween 2018. s xx