Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-28-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hey guys wanted to join in. Not my first time in a monthly class. I am 32 days sober today. For some unknown reason I didn’t want to post another day 1 post so I read and waited until now to post! Decided to give sobriety another try after it became clear it was affecting my marriage and mental health. Have a doctors appointment in the next couple days and working on starting some light exercise now that I have this first 30 days under my belt. Just wanted to check in and join in.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome LoveDD and congrats on 32 days!
Old 10-28-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Finally joining the group...day 23 for me. It’s been a roller coaster but I’m hanging on
Old 10-28-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

It's day 9 for me. I've finished forever though so 9 days isn't really so impressive. Still, the longest journey begins with a single step. Big trees from little acorns and all that.
I went and had more blood tests today. It was with the same nurse who last time said she remembered me from a previous visit. I wasn't sure. I remembered how she'd asked me where my little friend was. What was she going on about? I said she was thinking of someone else, but she said then I must have a double.
Today I reminded her about how she thought I was this man who came in with his little friend? She said she was sure it was me. Then she said how when I'd given blood that first time how I'd asked for a badge for being brave.
So here I am being told I'm someone who goes to the doctors, accompanied by a little friend and asks for a bravery badge, and plenty other odd stuff as well.
Then I thought, how asking for a bravery badge might be something I would actually say. She said that was right, we'd had this funny conversation. But who was the little friend? She said she'd made him for me out of a plastic fork and a sticky label.
And then I remembered, it was true.
NHS at its best.

Montesquieu said something like, "to be happy is easy. The problem is we wish to be happier than other people, and that's difficult because we think they're happier than they are."
Forget what you should be because it's rubbish.

Best wishes everyone.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

JazV36 welcome!

Taplow that sounds like a fun nurse! Congrats on 9 days!
Old 10-28-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Day 7. feel great other than a nasty cold
Old 10-28-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days Izzy!
I feel a little like I have a cold brewing as well. I guess those nasty booze toxins are working their way out. Good riddance.
Hope you feel better soon! Drink tons of good for you liquids.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Yeah I've got a cold as well. Always blowing my nose.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hey Guys, keep on keeping on!
Old 10-28-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey, that is interesting! I was thinking along those lines when I went to bed last night. Today is my 29th sober day.
So, I imagined 28 empty wine bottles on a table. I imagined filling up the bathtub with the contents of 28 bottles of white wine, and how it would look.

Yes, the money saved. I estimate $12 to $14 per bottle. We went to dinner three times. I had two Shirley Temples and a cranberry club soda, one at each place. The glass range was probably $9 to $16 depending on restaurant. I’d have had three glasses at each place. So.....$108 approx.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Day 19 here. It's hard to believe how weak my AV has been. I've had no cravings and no imaginings. Even the most cunning kind of AV, the future tense AV, has been weak. I'm starting to better envision a life without alcohol. Although I still take it one day at a time.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

JulySeaCoast I cant even imagine what my tub would be like filled with beer. Ewww. That is quite the visual!
Congrats on 29 days!

Joe well done on 19 days!! Glad AV has been leaving you alone.

Love, love, love seeing all of these sober days! We are doing awsome Octsobers! 🖤🖤🖤
Old 10-28-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JulySeaCoast View Post
Hey, that is interesting! I was thinking along those lines when I went to bed last night. Today is my 29th sober day.
So, I imagined 28 empty wine bottles on a table. I imagined filling up the bathtub with the contents of 28 bottles of white wine, and how it would look.

Yes, the money saved. I estimate $12 to $14 per bottle. We went to dinner three times. I had two Shirley Temples and a cranberry club soda, one at each place. The glass range was probably $9 to $16 depending on restaurant. I’d have had three glasses at each place. So.....$108 approx.
Use the saved money to treat yourself!
Old 10-28-2019, 07:45 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Closing out day 14 with a big mug of extra sleepytime tea. I smoked today, but I am done with the pack I had and am going to try my hardest not to buy more. If it comes to that or drinking I will smoke. But I am praying to quit that as well.
My daughter and I had a good time grocery shopping together this evening and not once did I think about picking up beer. Thank goodness. I made beef Stroganoff for dinner one of my hubby's favorites. It was kind of as a thank you for not buying beer the past week. He seems to be silently supporting me. ❤

Love to you all and extra thoughts and prayers to those of us struggling.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Mmmmm. Beef stroganoff sounds so good. It’s snowing where I am.... and that’s the perfect comfort food.

i used to smoke too. It’s been over 2 years. Really hard at first, but I just stopped. Didn’t buy another pack.... didn’t drink for a long time because for me they went hand in hand. It was the best thing I’ve ever done for my health. The cravings stop and then for me, I now just hate the smell of cigarettes—- seriously can’t stand it. So it’s gets easier!

day 2 done. Feel good... content.

I hope everyone is doing well.

praying for all of you.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello and welcome LoveDD, izzy and JazV.

Popping in to say hello and report all is going well for me. 47 days sober.

I am looking at making some big changes in my life notably packing in my high stress job that I have been doing over 16 years.

Yesterday I went to the swimming pool / water complex with my nearly 7 year old daughter. We had great fun.

Suze I head to rehab on the 5th of Nov.
It's a 5 to 6 week inpatient program I found about an hour and a half's drive from me.
Even though I have been sober for a while I feel like I have to go. I am taking full responsibility for my alcoholism this time.

Hope all is well with you guys.
Stick to it because it's worth it.

Regards,
Vinny
Old 10-28-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jaz and LoveDD
D
Old 10-29-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Vinny I think it is so awesome that you are fortifying your sobriety with inpatient. Going swimming with your daughter sounds fun!

3trees great job on 2 days down! Thanks for the encouragement on smoking. I've quit and started since I was 18. I hate the smell and taste! And I dont smoke everyday.... it's a weird thing this little addiction. But I am totally ready to stop. Not a craving in sight yet today.

My middle son has confrence soccer tournament this week starting tonight. I am so not looking forward to it. It is currently 35°. But I guess I will be cheering him on layerd in coats and blankets this evening. Atleast I will be doing it sober. ❤
Old 10-29-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

35 degrees.....

s ❤️
Old 10-29-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveDD View Post
Hey guys wanted to join in. Not my first time in a monthly class. I am 32 days sober today. For some unknown reason I didn’t want to post another day 1 post so I read and waited until now to post! Decided to give sobriety another try after it became clear it was affecting my marriage and mental health. Have a doctors appointment in the next couple days and working on starting some light exercise now that I have this first 30 days under my belt. Just wanted to check in and join in.
Originally Posted by JazV36 View Post
Finally joining the group...day 23 for me. It’s been a roller coaster but I’m hanging on
So glad you posted dear LoveDD. ❤️

Ad welcome Jaz.....my first cat was called Jazz....
Sending huge hugs.....really glad you joined the group. ❤️