Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

NT as a Mom of 3 boys keeping something in a folder and not saying a word sounds very par to the course. It is hard not to worry about how they are doing! Congrats on almost 30 days!

Linnrs, you've got this today. Don't give that AV any space to breath! Sending good thoughts for the perfect job to come to you soon.

Last edited by Citrus; 10-24-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-24-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Nice shawl, Citrus! I never really got the hang of knitting or crocheting. I did make a few hats once on a circular loom, which was fun and easy and a great way to unwind.
Thank you! I have yet to take a pic of it fully finished. But I loved this project.

It is a great way to unwind. I've been knitting long enough now to not have frustrations with patterns very often anymore. There is a learning curve, but it comes to me pretty naturally. All of my kids know how to knit and crochet, but don't find it as calming as I do.... yet.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Love your plants Venus They look great.

Day 5 today. I haven't seen my bf since day 1 (which we spent entirely on a plane) and I think that seeing him might be hard because we'll probably go out to dinner. Which means possibilities for drinking. I am feeling a bit insecure and unsure about the relationship right now for reasons I will NOT bore everyone with, and worry somewhat that that will translate into me wanting to drink when I see him.

My plan currently for dealing with this is to try to direct the evening in a way that doesn't involve drinking -- like ordering takeout at one of our apartments instead of going out. If that doesn't work, then I'm just going to have to try to keep in mind all the reasons I don't want to drink:

It will contribute to poor sleep
It makes my body feel bad
It contributes to arguments with the bf
It makes me less clearheaded at work
It negatively affects my self-esteem
It causes me to gain weight (I've already nearly lost the two pounds I gained on vacay and definitely not looking to go back in the other direction.)

I'm sure there are even more but this is just the short list I could come up with right now.

Maybe I'll also tell myself I'll get dessert instead of drinking. That trick works sometimes.

Everyone have a great day
Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I LOVE your plants! ❤❤❤
Venus, the plant on the top shelf on the right, that is called a praying hands plant, no? I have one, the leaves sort of unfurl themselves and then open up.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

https://imgur.com/a/cQdAKkx

Link to the shawl I just finished. Trying to post the pic straight to the thread but my brain isn't working.
I think it was Imgur.....they are having issues right now. Madie it a bit smaller. s

Old 10-24-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Venus, the plant on the top shelf on the right, that is called a praying hands plant, no? I have one, the leaves sort of unfurl themselves and then open up.
Prayer plants.
I adore them....I have about 10 I think.

And yes, at night the leaves come up to look like hands in prayer.

When you say you have sent out tons of resumes.....it can be really hard. My theory is this.....if you want a job you need to apply for at least 20 at once. And hope to get 5 interviews out of that, and definitely one job. I have a close friend who starts with 50 applications, but that is a lot to manage!

Something wonderful will come your way....for sure.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi!
Old 10-24-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good evening Octoberists.
I've got a bad headache and am feeling tired - I'm guessing it's a reaction to the new blood pressure tablets I've been given. What is it with doctors and blood pressure? They're obsessed with it.
I'm going to do a little test and leave them out tomorrow and then take them again on Saturday and see how I react.
I've got a busy day tomorrow - well busy for me anyway. No interest in drinking though.
Best of everything.

(5/1,000)
Old 10-24-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Joy honey!!!! s xx

taplow.....I would call my doctor and tell them about the headache, and I would not mess around with the dosage without talking to the doc. And I am sorry you are not feeling well. Huge hugs. xx
Old 10-24-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Yes venuscat, you're probably right but I don't think it would be a problem if I missed tomorrow as I've only taken this mornings dose.
I always resist any new medications but happily guzzle large quantities of alcohol. I don't think I would ever have drank at all if I'd been advised to by a doctor.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

https://imgur.com/a/cQdAKkx

Link to the shawl I just finished. Trying to post the pic straight to the thread but my brain isn't working.
That’s very pretty! I’m knitting a fair isle sweater from neck down on circular needles. Just sleeves left to do.
I’ll see if I can figure out how to post pic.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

JulySeaCoast, I cant wait to see it. I'm sure it is lovely!

Suze, thanks for the pic help!

Hi Joy. Taplow, I hope your head feels better soon!
Old 10-24-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I really like Imgur, but they made some weird changes and the code isn't quite right so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I love your shawl by the way. s
Old 10-24-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I really like Imgur, but they made some weird changes and the code isn't quite right so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I love your shawl by the way. s
Yeah, I couldn't get the image to appear in the preview and gave up!

And thank you. I am working on another by the same pattern designer in our school colors to wear to basketball games.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Pelagic263

I always wondered what lettuce "tastes" like until the other day! I had only ever had supermarket lettuce before, which is very pale green and tasteless in the shops here. I was blown away by the size and colour. A beautiful, huge, dark green cos lettuce......and i could
actually taste the leaves.

Oh a gift from the pumpkin fairies!! How lovely. I could talk about produce all day, but i wont lol

Im glad you were able to resist the temptation and got through. Well done!
Old 10-24-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Just checking in and saying good morning (well morning for me). I'm loving all the sharing on creative projects that's been happening. Such wonderful and talented peeps we have in this class. Best wishes to those struggling, keep pushing through.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Running errands and a little tempted to buy beer on the way home. But I am sitting in line for Starbucks instead.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Zura I would love to taste your lettuce! I bet it is fantastic. I don't have a green thumb at all. But I love to go to the farmers market for greens.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hey. just checking in again. The sun is going down here and I had a pretty productive day. Got everything accomplished that I wanted to. Finished and sent resume, put away flower pots and yard decorations, returned an item to the store and made a quick grocery run and did a load of laundry. Feeling really glad I didn't drink today. Now relaxing with a nice frosty mug of Pepsi on the couch.

Hang in there, Citrus, stick with the Starbucks!
Old 10-24-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Home safe and sound. Hubby is thankfully out of beer.
Good job Linners! Both of our mornings tomorrow will be awesome to wake to.