Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-26-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Stopping by to say good morning.
Crazy anxious about this meet this morning. Good thing it isn't doubled with anxiety from drinking! Should be a cold and rainy morning. I'll check in later.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello everybody.
Quick check in just to report everything is going well for me. 44 days sober today and heading to rehab beginning of November.
Feeling really like I'm going to beat this thing this time around.
Take care all.
Vinny.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

That's wonderful Vinny love....what date are you going? ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Stopping by to say good morning.
Crazy anxious about this meet this morning. Good thing it isn't doubled with anxiety from drinking! Should be a cold and rainy morning. I'll check in later.
We will be here love....drive safe. s ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patcha View Post
Day 19. It's Saturday. I'd like a drink but not today, Satan. Instead, I'm eating anything that doesn't run away from me and guzzling buckets of water.
❤️

Old 10-26-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Does curling up with my dog and crying count? I don't like feeling sorry for myself and realize there are worse problems to have. So I'm grateful, because I absolutely know it could always be worse. But I'm worn out with this matter and looking for a decent job is just adding to the stress. I can't seem to get a call back for anything related to my field, so I started applying for a couple part time retail jobs too. You know, just for something. Got an email today from one saying they can't consider me for the job. No reason given as to why. So that was the icing on the discouragement cake, but hey, at least I finally heard something back from someone.

I'm shot. I'm gonna hang around on the forums for a bit and then watch some TV and go to bed early. Done with today.
I think you need some relaxing time today.....definitely with your dog. And then, maybe start again with your job applications....is there something you can change about your resume that will get it to the top of the job app pile?

Or, is there a 'for now' job that you would like? Even if you are way over-qualified for a retail or other job, if you frame your application with the right introduction, the right employer is going to notice you.

Just a few thoughts..... s

When my auntie (best friend) died, the circumstances were devastating, and her son was such a bad bad person that he somehow made sure that the will had been changed just days before....I will never get over it. And we lost dad 3 weeks later. And that was as hard as life ever got....I struggled. I needed my SR friends big time to get through.

It took a long time, but I healed. I am glad the whole awful process you are going through is coming to a close...maybe try and focus on that. And know that you have done your absolute best here in a difficult to the max situation.

❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I just dropped my middle son off for his first junior high "dance". I am so happy that I am not worrying about waiting until I pick him up to drink. Or begging my husband to come home early from the dinner he is at to pick him up. I really hated my life revolving around drinking. It feels so good to be free from that. I am feeling strong in not drinking, which scares me. I so badly don't want to go back to where I was. But my track record for relapse is so high it is hard to just be comfortable where I am right now. I have no idea if that makes any sense! But I thought I would try to convey how I am feeling.
I certainly know that I am going to really enjoy not being hungover at my sons cross country meet in the morning! I can't wait to be fully present, not wishing I could just go home and climb back in bed!

Missing my Mom alot this evening. She was so excited when my older kids got to go to their first dances. I texted my best friend about it instead. I am coming up on 2 years since my Mom passed and sometimes it feels just like it was yesterday. And other times like it has been an eternity since I got to talk to her. I am finally in a place that I am not breaking down about her being gone all the time anymore. But when sober we sure feel all of the feels bigger. I know she would be proud of me being sober even though she never knew my struggle. So it's nice to use that as a little extra motivation. I can hear her telling me that I am such a strong person and to keep it up.

Sorry for the ramble.... hope you all don't mind me getting all of that off my chest.
So many of us apologise for 'rambling'.....no one is.
This is important stuff and really wonderful to read. s

I have known you for a long time now darling Citrus, and I can hear how strong you are, and how determined.
You are indeed a very strong person love and I know you will keep it up!! ❤️
Old 10-26-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I've completed my second week now. I suppose officially it's my first week, but I had this idea where I should switch the first two weeks around. I think it's far easier that way; the first week's always the hardest and it makes far more sense to build up to it.
Another idea I've got is that when my second first week is out the way that I should start doing two weeks simultaneously. I know it will be twice as hard but I think the benefits will outweigh the risks.
There, that was all a bit tiresome wasn't it? If I was you I wouldn't read it.
I'm a bit tired.

Best wishes Octopeople.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Back at home with a big blanket and a heating pad on my feet. Wow that was cold! My son finished a solid 8th, not to shabby for a freshman. He is riding the hus back so I need to pick him up in a bit. Then I plan on an afternoon of movies, baking and tea. We where supposed to have a soccer game for my yongest but thank goodness it got canceled.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing this afternoon?
Thinking of you all.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm so happy with myself - it's Sunday morning here and for the first time in I'd say a decade, I've not had a drink on either a Friday or a Saturday night. Day 5.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Coming to a close on Day 21!! I'm happy!! Not gonna say I'm finding it easy, but I'm getting through it!!
Old 10-26-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Cccaaappp great job on 5 days! Getting through a weekend is a huge accomplishment.

Loulou way to go on 3 weeks! It will only get easier.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

ooooo so much awesomeness. s
Old 10-26-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Sounds frightening!

I was at a Palooza once, but a different Palooza.....LollaPalooza.

'92... Montage ski resort...Pearl Jam/Chili Peppers/Sound Garden..

A real whipper-snapper at the age of 22. I remember it like it was yesterday....

Sorry-sidetracked...

Have a great time with the Zombies!...

There is an old penitentiary near Philly that's been transformed into a haunted house with great costumes/make-up. Scary as He!! I've heard....haven't been there yet. My wife went though because her crazy brother dressed up and auditioned. He's part of the show now...he's not all there!...
i went to the same line up lala palooza back in the day!!
Old 10-26-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Linners. Hope today has been better. ❤
Old 10-26-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sorry for posting so much today! But... I just took a selfie with my son and noticed how slim my face looks after only 12 days! No beer bloat! And my food choices haven't been all that healthy the past two weeks. I'll have to keep looking at that pic as a good reminder of a vain reason to be sober!
Old 10-26-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post away Citrus
Congrats to everyone on your milestones

D
Old 10-26-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

20 days. I may have replaced alcohol with party bags of cheeots.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Crunchy or poofy? Well done on day 20! Love seeing everyone's days add up!