Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 4 here.
I've been working on my plan trying to find a way to make this stick for good.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

That's the best thing to do. The more we reinforce our plan, the stronger we get. :
So much love dear Citrus. ❤️
Old 10-18-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Henlo everyone. Day 12 here. I had an apt with my shrink yesterday and I'll start seeing her more regularly now that I have the PTSD diagnosis. My reactions to things make so much more sense now.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Mr

England are just about to take on Australia in the rugby world cup quarter if any one is interested

Morning all
Old 10-19-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Did we win?
Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi.

I bet we didn't.

Love and good afternoon dear Vinnie. ❤️

That's really good dear Patcha. What a huge relief for you love. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm up before the sun rise with a wonderful cup of tea. Grateful I didnt drink last night.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely one. s
Drinking coffee, the sun is up but not showing itself yet. ❤️

Very glad to see you this morning. xxxx
Old 10-19-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi venuscat and our wonderful class!

On day 20. Getting ready for work. I’m not too talkative but am reading along.
My H came home from a business trip and asked if I was back drinking wine. I said NO.
Saturday night we like to eat dinner at the bar at one of a few fave casual restaurants. He said “Well, you’re not going to be any fun at the bar”.
We haven’t really been out to dinner since I quit. It will be a test, yet another
And I feel guilty taking a bar seat if I’m drinking only Perrier and lime.

How is everybody else today? Have a safe sober day, my friends
Old 10-19-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This pic is without the flash.

Wow!! I love your beautiful house!!
Old 10-19-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It is possibly the original settler's house in German Village, or one of them, around 170 years old. I will show you more of it later. s

I don't think you are taking up a seat if you are not drinking alcohol at a bar....but I do think it's wise to avoid that scene for a bit. Maybe you could suggest going.....I stopped and looked it up.....I cannot find a single restaurant that is alcohol free other than the chains. Hmm.

Maybe you could get take away and watch a movie. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi, I hope you're all doing well. I'm not quite right yet but want to start again tomorrow. This is a thread to support each other like a group hug - and I'm still drinking so won't go on.
Great people on here.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 12.

The 72hr fast wasn't so bad. First 2 days were normal. Third day I began to hear the stomach growl. That "Cut" article is a good read. My skin looks healthier and the little 'gobble" on my neck has diminished quite a bit. Very interesting how autophagy cleans out the damaged cells and regenerates. I'll be doing it one more time next week just to see if the process will eliminate the gobble completely (it wasn't a drastic one to begin with, but enough to bother me). I'm so pleased.

I've been also watching Eckhard Tolle videos and reading "The Power of Now". It's been a big help getting me out of my head.

Taking things one day at a time and doing things different this time around.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Hi, I hope you're all doing well. I'm not quite right yet but want to start again tomorrow. This is a thread to support each other like a group hug - and I'm still drinking so won't go on.
Great people on here.
s dear Taplow. ❤️

And hello dear LuLu. So glad you are seeing the results you want! ❤️
And day 12 is awesome!!!! xx
Old 10-19-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, checking in from my hotel. Staying in Virginia farm country for this weekend wedding. Had a nice time at the rehearsal dinner yesterday, but a crappy sleep last night. My roommate snores and there were some noisy people down the hall. Went to front desk at 3 am to ask for ear plugs and they didn't have any. :/ Will absolutely be picking some up at a pharmacy later.

Still not drinking and haven't felt any desire to. Looking forward to the actual wedding today, it's outdoors and is a beautiful fall day.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sounds divine linners, except for the noise.
I can't live without earplugs....took me ages to find the softest and best ones here.
I hope the wedding is beautiful....I am sure it will be in this gorgeous weather we are having. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday October friends!

170 years old!! That's a lot of history... Watch out for ghosts venuscat... lol

Congrats on 20 days JulySeaCoast! Whatever you do, don't feel guilty!!!!!! You should be so proud!!
Hi Patcha...12 days! And great you're getting help from the shrink, having a diagnosis can be such a relief in itself.
Good mornin Citrus and Vman and glad you're home safe taplow.

October is flying by! I'm three weeks sober today. I pointed it out to my boyfriend, he said he'll be impressed when it's a year...doh! He's such a dork.

Not sure what I'm doing today yet... and in no big hurry to find out
Old 10-19-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I like your boyfriend.....
What I hear from that statement is that he is incredibly proud of you.
So are we! ❤️

And we have a ghost....oh yeah. It all started with the dollar bill on top of the fridge. It just turned up one day....ok.....could have been in the cupboard above or something.....then a few days later there were more.....another 4 or 5 dollar bills.

Then there is the charger cord to my tablet. Samsung is a PITA, only the original cords work properly, so I guard it fiercely. Always keep itin the same place. One day early in the year I asked my husband if he had accidentally taken it....nope....he hadn't. He looked through his stuff anyway. OK. Weird, so I bought another one. And then a month back now, same thing again. Just gone. He said it is our ghost for sure....OK....so he looked for it with that in mind. Thought about where a cheeky ghost might hide my charger, and he found it. Sitting in one of my new handbags (I kind of bought a few). And it was curled up in a perfect circle, and tucked into itself....it was just so strange.

I know I didn't put it there, and neither did Nick. So....
Old 10-19-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Close call yesterday after my son left for his dad's. Always a trigger. Instead we went to the local pub and I downed 2 Kombuchas. lol I must learn how to deal with my hatred towards them (dad and stepmo..) can't bring myself to put mom in there. I just need to deal with releasing the hate. It is hate. Hate is not good. Hate is killing me. I know what hate is, and this is hate. I'm relaxed today and still in jammies and curled up in my bed and I actually don't think I'm leaving this spot anytime soon. I think I have a spot of depression currently. Also (sorry guys) that time of the month and now that I can recall most relapses occur at this time for me. So dealing with my emotions is something for me to work on.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Kombuchas have a small amount of alcohol love, so you might want to be careful that they aren't a trigger for you. s
I know this is really hard for you....I hope today is a peaceful and relaxing day. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Kombuchas have a small amount of alcohol love, so you might want to be careful that they aren't a trigger for you. s
I know this is really hard for you....I hope today is a peaceful and relaxing day. ❤️
That's what I've heard but I don't feel any effects of alcohol and I love kombucha it's really good probiotic and helps my digestion. I've been drinking it for a few years and that doesn't cause me any urges that I'm aware of. By the way I absolutely love your pictures of your Halloween. I need to post more of my home decorations 2. We are going to be getting some Nestor storm. I'm excited I love storms. Everything will be fine today I'm just laying low and keeping to myself. I still have to learn how to deal with this hatred that I have inside. So I've been focusing on learning about how to still with hate. Usually it will boomerang back to us and cuz us pain and suffering. I used to always live in a state of Love kindness acceptance forgiveness and now I'm just filled with hate toward them.