Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hello ForeRight

It took me many tries to get this....many.....but I don't look at any of those tries as failures.....every time I fell down, I got back up and added more tools to my recovery toolbox. You know....just like a video game....I got smarter and tougher and better at navigating the curves in the road that life throws at us.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

April is my month, all of April has been 100% sober for me
Old 04-17-2019, 08:47 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mariposa

D
Old 04-17-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome ForeRight

When I came to SR I somehow got it into my head it was important for me to spend at least some part pf the day here - sometimes reading sometimes posting for myself, sometimes posting to others.

I realise now that what I was doing was putting effort into my recovery. I think thats important for us all.

Do post here before you decide to drink again guys - it really honestly does work
Old 04-18-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thanks. Will do that. Here this morning just trying to keep things together. Feeling very depressed but trying to just plow forward and get though the day.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Sending you huge hugs.

And suggesting another thread here, if that's OK....it might appeal to you. xx

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-439-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 439)

It may well now be the longest thread in internet history....we are somewhat prolific.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:17 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I am 12 days sober today.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

That is wonderful.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I have a long weekend coming up, I’m off Monday. The weather is getting very warm and temptation to drink is lurking but I must stay focused. I have too many goals to drink them away. Today I just remembered I love photography and how easy now that I’m back in my home country, I can print photos and frame them. Time to get myself back.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

And I cannot wait to see your photos dear mariposa

I understand the warm weather thing....coming from Melbourne Australia, and I lived at the beach for over 20 years.....party central....but what a wonderful thing to do instead....create....be you.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Day 17 for me. Need to get through the Easter weekend. Today is fine but we go away tomorrow for a few days so that will be testing.
Lovely weather here in the UK
Have got loads done since I ditched the wine, even though it's early days
Need to stay focussed
Happy Easter
Old 04-19-2019, 12:16 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Morning checking in for day 16. Struggled a bit last couple of days, but got through it. Weekends aren't usually a trigger but this one is as it is Easter so I will probably be reading the weekend thread and writing down my plans for this weekend. It is lovely weather here in UK a bit of sunshine for us, Ive got plenty things to do, to keep busy. Happy Easter everyone
Old 04-19-2019, 01:25 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish everyone a safe happy and sober Easter (and Passover).

There'll be support here right across the long weekend

D
Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, you too, happy Easter 🐣🐰

So nice to wake up sober and refreshed this morning. I had a dream that I lived in a beautiful high rise apartment. People from my past were visiting and I was still partying and wasted. I noticed they all gathered with their parents for a dinner at my apartment but I had not been invited and was hurt. It turned out the dinner was to plan an intervention for me. I woke up and realized it was people from my past hurt by my drinking, now they wouldn’t even care enough to have an intervention.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Oh..... s

But we care. xx

I lost a lot of people too, but I found some incredibly important new ones.
It actually blows my mind how different my life is now.

Happy Easter and Chag Sameach..... Happy Passover. xx
Old 04-19-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi I'm in need of a little moral support, husbands accused me of drinking, I havent, I went to buy some birthday cards for my dad and he says he can't ever trust me to go and buy anything again. I feel very low and like its pointless me even trying so hard, because hes said i'll never be trusted, I suspect im not loved anymore either. I really dont know. sober day 16 done though :-)
Old 04-19-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Oh gosh Marie....I am so sorry love.

That was mean.....it sounds like perhaps your husband is still in pain and is lashing out? I know that in the beginning, gosh for a while, no one in my family trusted my motivations if I even went outside for a cigarette. But it gets better. They learn to trust us again.....unfortunately, it's hard to just 'do' for some people.

Please don't think he doesn't love you anymore...if he didn't, why he would worry about you buying alcohol? xxxx It's awful to have to go to bed on angry words....sending you so so much love. And faith: we all believe in you. s
Old 04-19-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Ugh Marie, I got that from my family today “don’t use the money for alcohol” when I needed groceries. My husband also informed he doesn’t trust me or anybody, he’s not stupid. Well, to hell with them. They may have very valid reasons to not trust us but at the end of the day it’s not about them, it’s about our own will to stay sober. Meanwhile, we can wear shirts that say “I’m with stupid” 🤣 don’t let the accusations pull you down
Old 04-20-2019, 12:40 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, husband has apologised but I've told him its ok and I understand. I can't really blame him for thinking it everytime I go out, the only thing that will help is time. I have explained to him I'm a bit vulnerable at the moment, I'm feeling all of my emotions rather than drowning them in booze, and that I'm trying to do this for him but most importantly for myself. so todays another day. we are having a bbq, a sober one. have a good day everyone xx
Old 04-20-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

(((Marie))) That was brave of you love, and I think that was a really important conversation.