Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

That was very mature Marie, being honest about your feelings. I’m angry with my husband for his actions while drinking, he continues and hasn’t apologized for them. So, I’m not letting any walls down with him.

Today, I have groceries and I will make it to morning vinyasa yoga 🧘*♀️ so life is good.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi guys & gals, hope everyone is going good.
I'm on day 92! I honestly never expected to get this far. The support from this forum has been invaluable.
Especially Dee74. Every time over the years I have rocked up again and again with my tail between my legs after a relapse. Shes/hes been there with support. Rock solid support, not giving up on me or anyone else. So i'd like to say Thank You Dee for consistently being a shoulder to lean on.
I honestly can't imagine how the forum would operate with out you around.
Also a thank you to all other members. There is always someone with words encouragement not far away when we are going through a ruff patch.
My battle with alcoholism is or never will be over as we know. But These last 3 months are a massive step in the right direction for me.
I don't get much time to post these days and have meaning to post this for weeks. So to everyone on this great forum Thank You and I wish you the best on your individual journeys. The one main lesson I have learnt is never give up. Sobriety is possible for all of us. No matter how much you may think that isn't possible at this current point in time. Just never give up.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

just signing in. Will be 2 weeks sober tomorrow morning.
Seems many people have holiday this weekend ! - here is a normal weekend, which is good for me because I only have 2 days to fill, not 4 !! (No Good Friday / Bad Monday here !!!)

Reading through lot of posts now...
Old 04-20-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is forecast nice day. So I will go for walk round Park Probdy - too late now. I like this park. Maybe I post some photos here tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I would love to see that park ConfusedGuy.
And Congratulations on 2 weeks sober! xx
Old 04-20-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy View Post
Maybe I post some photos here tomorrow.
Please do, I like seeing other parts of the World.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Hi guys & gals, hope everyone is going good.
I'm on day 92! I honestly never expected to get this far. The support from this forum has been invaluable.
Especially Dee74. Every time over the years I have rocked up again and again with my tail between my legs after a relapse. Shes/hes been there with support. Rock solid support, not giving up on me or anyone else. So i'd like to say Thank You Dee for consistently being a shoulder to lean on.
I honestly can't imagine how the forum would operate with out you around.
Also a thank you to all other members. There is always someone with words encouragement not far away when we are going through a ruff patch.
My battle with alcoholism is or never will be over as we know. But These last 3 months are a massive step in the right direction for me.
I don't get much time to post these days and have meaning to post this for weeks. So to everyone on this great forum Thank You and I wish you the best on your individual journeys. The one main lesson I have learnt is never give up. Sobriety is possible for all of us. No matter how much you may think that isn't possible at this current point in time. Just never give up.
Dee is indeed a wonderful human being.....and a he.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 90 plus days Sober81 that's terrific - and thank you for the kind words.

Congrats to you too on 2 weeks Confused Guy and to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I was having a great Saturday, then my husband downs 3 tall beers, ask for more. I got him 2 more, he seemed fine and I didn’t want to tell him no. He invites an unexpected guest in, I was already in my PJs, not really in the entertaining guest mode. The guest left because he could tell I wasn’t happy and my husband flipped out. I can’t babysit, I don’t know what to think right now. I see how alcohol causes selfishness, inability to read social cues. Staying sober definitely now that I see even after a few light beers people become unmanageable for me.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Ah Mariposa I don't blame you, If I'm in my Pjs I don't want anyone coming in Alcohol definitely causes those things. poor judgement...thinking everythings great when its actually not that ideal like you say missing those social cues. day 18 for me today, I'm irritable today and don't want to do anything. Need to give myself a push today!
Old 04-21-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I only just got out of bed (11:30) . Is lovely day here. ( 15 C, sunny ) - warm for here at this time of year. I have 14 days (2 weeks!) today. Could not have done this without support I get here.

And mariposa - I would find this so difficult to be with drinking people now, it makes me wonder what I looked like to other people.

Going out now, cannot sit here alone all day. I will go to park, maybe get a 'corn' to eat and sit in the trees and watch people and the ponds and ducks and things, is just good to be outside today, and I will post some photos from my phone later.

Was sad last week, but good again today - I do try to keep positive.

So nice to have this forum.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Nice afternoon in the park.

Got back from nice afternoon. Been in park most of afternoon, lovely day.

Most people still in coats, Im in T-shirt and thinking its warm... sat down and just enjoyed the sun and the air.

Walked there (about 3 km) and back also, for exercise. Called in supermarket for a couple of items. Found a 'detox' drink so I will try this - is a powder to add liquid to this. Maybe its healthy.

Also while sitting down I met couple who asked me something but my russian was not good enough to understand, and they switch to english, and then we talked for ages.

So now I get invite to meet them and some friends in cafe/bar on Wednesday night. Bit nervous but I will go and maybe have snack and coke and then leave after 1 hour I think. Chance to meet 'normal' people maybe !!!! I have to be able to cope with this sort of situation.

Also, I need to improve my russian a lot (I can read some but conversation is very poor) - I have this on my list to find a tutor for a weekend lesson, I will try to arrange this in the week.

And it is so nice to be checking in here. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_1437.jpg (32.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Photo in park

Avenue of heroes in the park. Statues of heroes of the soviet union each side of this walk.
Attached Images
DSC_1424.jpg (34.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Nice architecture at park entrance

Some nice buildings at entrance to park.
Attached Images
DSC_1433.jpg (34.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Old babooshka selling hot corn in the park! - yum!

Got a nice hot stick of corn, lovely!
Attached Images
DSC_1419.jpg (44.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Some kid seems to be picking the fish he wants to eat !!

I thought this was so funny. Some kid seems to be selecting the fish he wants to eat in the supermarket!
Attached Images
DSC_1435(1).jpg (41.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Awesome photos.....thank you.

Where are you from ConfusedGuy? What is your first language if you don't mind me asking?

Also, not sure where you live, but there is an SR we all know well who lives in Moscow who could totally help you with your Russian. Maybe. Or maybe even become a real-life friend.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi VenusCat -

Like most things for me - complicated - I am a mix !! - but grandparents were part romanian / russian, and french/ english. I grew up most between England & France and also Switzerland (and Germany for a short time). Best language is probably english (but also french and some german). Very confusing for any child to be honest! Probably why I sometimes feel rootless, belonging everywhere and nowhere at the same time!

Anyway I am in SPb (Sant Petersburg). I have my home here now - after a crazy life hopping between countries ever since we were children !
Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

VenusCat - I see you live in a German Village, what part of Germany ? - I know parts of Baden-Wurtemburg quite well ! - is a beautiful part of Europe! with the Schwarzfeld (Black Forest Area).
Old 04-21-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Wow.....

German Village in Columbus Ohio USA, and I am an Aussie.
From British/Scottish parents and Russian/Polish grandparents.