Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by MarkstheSpot View Post
Stay in this class. Littlejacket is way too cool a name to lose.

Plus, April rhymes with 'will', May is 'might' and 'maybe'.
Thanks MarkstheSpot! My mom's maiden name was Jaquet, and she told me my dad used to call her ' hutteli' a Swiss word (not sure if I'm spelling right) which apparently means little jacket in english or jaquet in French, but who knows! I thought it was very cute.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are you Littlejacket?

D
Hi Dee,
Thanks for checking in. Well, I had another drink tonight. But I haven't given up. Your guys are part of the reason. I was worried I would be shunned here when I admitted to falling off. And all you guys did was give me more love!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlejacket View Post
Thanks MarkstheSpot! My mom's maiden name was Jaquet, and she told me my dad used to call her ' hutteli' a Swiss word (not sure if I'm spelling right) which apparently means little jacket in english or jaquet in French, but who knows! I thought it was very cute.
Oh, that is SO sweet.....my parents met on the boat from London to Sydney Australia, a very big boat, and my mum was a tiny Scot, so he called her "tootie", as in little toot.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,
Thanks for checking in. Well, I had another drink tonight. But I haven't given up. Your guys are part of the reason. I was worried I would be shunned here when I admitted to falling off. And all you guys did was give me more love!
It seems that you are able to exert control over your demons though.....that is pretty impressive.

So you had two, then one and tomorrow can be none. That's a big win.

And re the car....I have a gorgeous little lemon yellow Chevy Spark that I have not driven because I am afraid of driving on the RHS of the road.

la la la.....
Old 05-02-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 14-I have not taken a drink since April 18. Hanging on tight.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

That is fantastic.....2 weeks!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

You;re always welcome here littlejacket. One bit of advice tho - the longer we stay 'out there' drinking', the harder it is to come back in.

Do yourself a massive favour and go for day one again

D
Old 05-02-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on two weeks herpadurrp

D
Old 05-02-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy View Post
Just checking in. 20 days without drink. Went Wednesday night to cafe/bar to see people I met at last weekend 'new friends' maybe. Did not drink but felt uncomfortable, not been somewhere since I stopped drinking.
Then yesterday (Friday) again feeling the Alcoholic Voice, so I just go home after work and eat and take a long bath and sleep. And ok today. Just feeling 'bored'. I have been told this is normal to feel high and low a lot - but is nearly 3 weeks since I stopped. Still seems so strange not to have bottles in my apartment to 'lift me up'.

Tomorrow afternoon I will go out to have food with someone I met Wednesday, but a stranger thing is that not drinking was okay, normal people dont drink so much. I did say 'I just dont like to drink' - seems like easiest way, people cannot argue with this.

But today I will do some boring things like go to supermarket. Get some exercise. And then I think 'hey - its better than waking from a drunk' - glad Im almost 3 weeks. Got another appointment to see doctor on Friday - hopefully blood will look better this time - because I am not drinking and eating very healthy every day.

Thanks.
awesome! glad you are able to say no and feel good about it!
Old 05-03-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi April Class Just catching up on posts. I've had a stomach bug. pretty bad. On the plus side. no alcohol cravings. Every cloud and all that. Day 30 today.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

What up, April19 massive? Day five here, and since I'm off the booze I thought I might as well combine it with a diet. Hence, I'm now Keto (that's carb-free, not the dude who used to jump out at Inspector Clouseau).

I've done the Keto diet before, during which I gave up beer (waaay too many carbs) but not booze, so I just smashed the wine and G&Ts instead. This time it's fully alcohol-free, of course. I did wonder, 'Haven't you got enough on your plate without also going on a diet?' but on the other hand, it's kind of a distraction from sobriety, if that makes sense. I don't know about yous guys, but I sometimes feel as though I've gone from thinking about drinking all the time, to thinking about not-drinking all the time. This seems like a way of sidelining that alcohol obsession.

Kisses all!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mariecheese View Post
Hi April Class Just catching up on posts. I've had a stomach bug. pretty bad. On the plus side. no alcohol cravings. Every cloud and all that. Day 30 today.
and

Hope you feel better and way to go Marie!!!!!!! xx
Old 05-04-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Where are all of the amazing Aprils? s
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh, that is SO sweet.....my parents met on the boat from London to Sydney Australia, a very big boat, and my mum was a tiny Scot, so he called her "tootie", as in little toot.
Aw, that is so sweet too!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You;re always welcome here littlejacket. One bit of advice tho - the longer we stay 'out there' drinking', the harder it is to come back in.

Do yourself a massive favour and go for day one again

D
Done! Today is the day. I think I feel differently about it this time. I wasn't really expecting the cravings to be so strong. So now that I know, somehow I think I can deal with them better. I feel prepared for them and welcome the challenge. Bring it on, lol!
I'll be 60 next year and I feel like it's make-or-break time. I'm a huge health nut, and drinking just doesn't mix anymore with my idea of health and longevity. Thank you so much Dee. And all of you. xoxo
Old 05-04-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

It seems that you are able to exert control over your demons though.....that is pretty impressive.

So you had two, then one and tomorrow can be none. That's a big win.

And re the car....I have a gorgeous little lemon yellow Chevy Spark that I have not driven because I am afraid of driving on the RHS of the road.

la la la.....
venuscat, my husband is British and we stayed in UK for 8 months before we moved here last month. LHS driving is one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! Especially the Round-About's at commute hour in/near Paris! So I feel for you. ;-)
So, I actually had 3 glasses of red wine last night. ;-( But tonight is back to sober. ((hug))
Old 05-04-2019, 12:29 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

venuscat, my husband is British and we stayed in UK for 8 months before we moved here last month. LHS driving is one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! Especially the Round-About's at commute hour in/near Paris! So I feel for you. ;-)
So, I actually had 3 glasses of red wine last night. ;-( But tonight is back to sober. ((hug))
Oops I meant London!
Old 05-05-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

And London driving isn't scary for me at all....well, maybe in peak hour....that is insane.

I hear you about the cravings, and not realising they would be so big. I remember how surprised I was, shocked actually that I had come to depend on alcohol. Have you seen the wonderful thread here? Posting it again, just in case.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)

I am a few years younger than you, also a health nut, but I got completely out of shape and unfit in the past two years....so now I am using my recovery tools to get me back on track.

One day at a time and one step (or as many as I can muster in a day) at a time...we can do this....create the lives we want. And we can also be fit (and hot ) at this stage of our lives....my sister just turned 60, and I told her that "60 is the new black"

We are going to rock it. s
Old 05-05-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

And London driving isn't scary for me at all....well, maybe in peak hour....that is insane.

I hear you about the cravings, and not realising they would be so big. I remember how surprised I was, shocked actually that I had come to depend on alcohol. Have you seen the wonderful thread here? Posting it again, just in case.

I am a few years younger than you, also a health nut, but I got completely out of shape and unfit in the past two years....so now I am using my recovery tools to get me back on track.

One day at a time and one step (or as many as I can muster in a day) at a time...we can do this....create the lives we want. And we can also be fit (and hot ) at this stage of our lives....my sister just turned 60, and I told her that "60 is the new black"

We are going to rock it. s
Old 05-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html (Class of April 2019 Support Thread Part 2)

D