Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Day 5. Happy Friday everyone! Last night was nice, no cravings, but I had a bag of chips on the counter that my man hasn't eaten yet and I managed to plow thru half the damn bag!! (Im not a very good Keto dieter haha) Slept pretty well. Up and at them today! I have a hair apt today and she usually offers me wine, but Im feeling good at refusing the vile, white, crisp, refreshing, relaxing glass.

My mom is having us over on Sunday for a kids birthday party and I usually have wine with her, but Im the one who normally brings it out so, wont be too hard to just not have any.

Those are my triggers. Im acknowledging them, practicing saying No. (I don't need to explain, just no. ) and going to bed sober.

Hope everyone is well! Chin up! Drink water
Old 04-05-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oh Suze... basketball is done. We are now have our plates completely full with Track, soccer and baseball! Lol. Plus a youth group two of my boys belong to.

So tonight is our more free night, I'm making enchiladas we will probably watch a movie and the older boys need to pack for a "backpacking trip" all outdoors no tents. My oldest son needs to get a 45-50 minute run in, oldest daughter has d&d and will need to be picked up sometime around 7. That will be my trickiest part tonight not buying beer when I am getting her.

Saturday. Oldest son needs to get his run in and is supposed to be with the backpacking group by 9 am. Two middle boys have soccer 2 soccer games each an hour away from home that takes up 10-2 pm. Hubby and I are splitting those games so he can take middle son to the backpacking thing (hubby is staying with to chaperone). Daughter has a party from 5-10 dropping her off. Taking the yongest boy to see Dumbo, what I am looking most forward to all weekend! Then we will go pick up daughter and we are taking another girl home. Once again must not buy booze at this point.

Sunday my boys and hubby will come in tired, stinking and with lots of laundry from camping. Lol. All 3 boys have various baseball practices 1 for the oldest, 2 for each of the littler boys going on from noon until 7:30! Must not buy beer after the last practice! And then we will get ready for another week of school.

Aren't you glad you asked?
I should be ok. I just need to enjoy my time with my family and be grateful to have them. Not get bogged down and cranky with the schedule. Take a few minutes to myself when I can. And make sure I have something healthy to eat and drink at all times.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Yikes citrus , Very busy weekend ! ( nice to see you again X )
End of day 5 . I want a beer so bad right now !
I'm safe tucked up in bed .
Stay strong everyone !
Old 04-05-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Glad you are safe in bed Strawberry! Congrats on 5 days! It's very good to see you as well. ❤
Old 04-05-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Oh Suze... basketball is done. We are now have our plates completely full with Track, soccer and baseball! Lol. Plus a youth group two of my boys belong to.

So tonight is our more free night, I'm making enchiladas we will probably watch a movie and the older boys need to pack for a "backpacking trip" all outdoors no tents. My oldest son needs to get a 45-50 minute run in, oldest daughter has d&d and will need to be picked up sometime around 7. That will be my trickiest part tonight not buying beer when I am getting her.

Saturday. Oldest son needs to get his run in and is supposed to be with the backpacking group by 9 am. Two middle boys have soccer 2 soccer games each an hour away from home that takes up 10-2 pm. Hubby and I are splitting those games so he can take middle son to the backpacking thing (hubby is staying with to chaperone). Daughter has a party from 5-10 dropping her off. Taking the yongest boy to see Dumbo, what I am looking most forward to all weekend! Then we will go pick up daughter and we are taking another girl home. Once again must not buy booze at this point.

Sunday my boys and hubby will come in tired, stinking and with lots of laundry from camping. Lol. All 3 boys have various baseball practices 1 for the oldest, 2 for each of the littler boys going on from noon until 7:30! Must not buy beer after the last practice! And then we will get ready for another week of school.

Aren't you glad you asked?
I should be ok. I just need to enjoy my time with my family and be grateful to have them. Not get bogged down and cranky with the schedule. Take a few minutes to myself when I can. And make sure I have something healthy to eat and drink at all times.
I'm already tired for yall!

Just curious where everyone is? Seems like a lot of UK/Aus maybe? Im in the US at 3pm and just wish I could be tucked into bed like Strawberry! But I still have 2 hours if work and a 4hr road trip ahead of me today
Old 04-05-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I try not to think of our schedule much further out than a few days. Its awesome having active kids, but they do wear me out.

I'm in the US as well. 2:30 ish pm here. Kids home any minute. I too could just go to bed right now.

Safe travels after work!
Old 04-05-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I am an Aussie who moved here...America... to marry an SR...yes really. A year and half married, two years living in Columbus Ohio....it is divine here. I live in one of the oldest villages in America.

Same time zone as you dear Peaches.

And oh my gosh Citrus honey.....that is a crazy busy wonderful weekend....buying the beer later would kind of ruin it for you....I know, you would forge ahead and do it all for your kids but you would be miserable and hungover. Not THIS weekend.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I try not to think of our schedule much further out than a few days. Its awesome having active kids, but they do wear me out.

I'm in the US as well. 2:30 ish pm here. Kids home any minute. I too could just go to bed right now.

Safe travels after work!
I am still not used to being married...I lived by myself for...gulp....25 years. And I am ALWAYS tired....it is like early recovery all over again. And this too shall pass. s
Old 04-05-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am still not used to being married...I lived by myself for...gulp....25 years. And I am ALWAYS tired....it is like early recovery all over again. And this too shall pass. s
That is totally understandable. I was an only child. So 4 kids in the house plus a husband is like culture shock! I have my what was I thinking moments. But generally love it. Being tired makes sense when adjusting to anything!

I know drinking would just ruin it all and make it all feel like a chore. Silly AV likes to sneak in "wouldn't it be relaxing?".... no it would not in the long run!
Old 04-05-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Im in UK its 10.10pm and I'm going to bed sober :-) my kids have their easter break for two weeks now so I will be focusing on them and keeping them and myself busy. Husbands off work for a week too which will help as I can't be sneaking off to buy drink. I tend to buy it when I am alone. Looking forward to another sober day tomorrow with you all x
Old 04-05-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Way to go on another day sober Marie!
Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Day 7. Urge pretty relentless today. I find it hard when not drinking to focus on work. Seems all my energy goes into not drinking. It sucks. I do feel good and luckily have a job I can work at my own schedule. So I came home, fixed some food, and now I'm about to read some, relax, and watch baseball. Maybe work out later.

Alabama here.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

The wiched witch (AV) just showed up in full force. Ugh. Cravings are the worst. I'm sure it's because it is Friday night. She says why not? I know why not. Trying to be strong. I am at the track with my son, I went and grabbed a rootbeer. Hoping my mind settles down soon.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

You can do this love.....yes, this is the hard part....Friday-night cravings were always my nemesis. But we can win.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Here with you love...and all of you....let's make this Friday night a big win....of course the UKers are already asleep.....so sweet dreams.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better Offthemast - no one would stay sober if it was always like it was the first week

try and be patient - you'll be ok

The first weekends can be hard so don't hesitate to post here, or in the weekender thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2019-a.html (Weekender Thread 05 - 08 April 2019)

or start a thread of your own, if you need help

D
Old 04-06-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hi everyone in April 2019!

I am from the class of April 2015 and just wanted to share that, yes indeed, you can use this wonderful forum to help stay sober. I remember the dread of starting a Day One and learning to urge surf and develop my sober tool box. Just remember to help support each other daily or hourly as needed. You will make friends for life here.

Living without alcohol is a second chance at living life. I drank seven days a week for 33 years and alcoholically for at least the last seven or eight years.

YOU ALL CAN DO IT!
Old 04-06-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thankyou for the inspiration Stargazer, well done on your sobriety. I hope to achieve the same one day. just woke up feeling a bit negative , but had a cup of coffee put my make up on and I'm ready for day 3. Will check in again tonight.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Start of day 5. I don't like waking up at 4am on a Saturday. Still got a few hours until sunrise. I have been eagerly anticipating spring after the worst winter of my life. Spring represents re-growth. What better time to get sober??
Old 04-06-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I’d like to hop aboard the sober train with y’all. Day 1