Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 02-09-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I just did the official count. 209 today. So I was giving myself a little extra. 7 months though. Not bad.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

So pleased you’re ok Daisy. You had me worried there!

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Tony what’s up? Are you in another group? Come back!!

I’m in the Jan 2019 group Viper. My last drink was NYE.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:20 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you, I hope you're all good and well. I had a good nights sleep and feel all rested, I've not been up long which is very unusual for me, Just having a cup of tea and watching my mad cat charging round the room with a little bouncy ball. My g.son has been with his dad for the w.end and I'm picking him up at 7 this evening, I've really missed him. It's really weird, even when he's with his dad for a relatively short time when I get him back he emulates him beyond belief, he does this loud false laugh that his dad does and a constant tuneless whistle and he's very argumentative, it usually lasts for a couple of days then it wears off, I dread to think what he'll be like if he takes him full time as threatened. I'm trying not to think or stress about it too much, nothing is ever permanent with him.

Hiya Suze and no it's not just you, the nights fly by for me too, I love going to bed now and sleeping properly rather than how it used to be, waking up every hour hot and bothered with my heart pounding and sweat running off me, confused dreams, tossing and turning. Don't miss any of that!
I check now and then for sightings of Donny too but like you say there's nothing. You never know though he may have come back under a different name, quite a few have done that, myself included, I hope he has and I hope he's okay.
I'm glad you stuck to your guns re the garden wall, you are getting good at putting boundaries in place, I'm getting better but still have a long way to go.
Did you see that guy who blocked you? Really made me laugh that.
Oh and I hope you feel better today. x

Morning Nichole, thinking about you, I hope you've managed to stay strong this weekend after all the hard work you've put in to stay sober for over 30 days. I have every faith in you that you can do this.
Please do speak to your doctor about your meds, they don't prescribe them if you don't need them and there's no shame in taking them.

Wow Bluesey you really have had a tough couple of weeks and your friend has certainly showed herself in her true colours. I really know where you're coming from with this being an empath myself, I've been in very similar situations. It is sad as you've known her for so long but it does seem that she has really been taking advantage of your good nature and using you, you're right to build your barriers and keep them in place.
Thank you so much for the congrats and I can't wait to see myself hit the 1 year mark either, just a few days after you do, I hope to be always just those few days behind you.
It is very possible that my son is serious about taking my g.son full time, it will be my punishment for asking him for money for his child, he's done it before, it doesn't last long though, nothing with him ever does. It's just so unfair on my grandson, he offers him no stability. I'm trying not to worry or stress too much about it, there's nothing I can do about it as he will not agree to give me guardianship ( he would lose his benefits, he claims for his child though he does not have him or provide for him) and I know he can't cope with him for long. He would have to spend money on him for starters and he doesn't like doing that.

Hi Viper, Tony is in the class of January 2019 and is doing well, just hope Donny is doing the same.
I'm so sorry that you're going through all this turmoil with your sister, I'm sure emotions are running high but give her a couple of days to calm down then maybe give her a call and try and arrange to meet to talk things through calmly and rationally.
I agree with Dee, you are both capable and show promise, you just need to believe in yourself more.

Thanks Dee I am fine and hope you are too.

Well that's enough of my ramblings on for now. Back later. Much love to you all. xx

Thought for the day......."Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming."
Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Bit of cross posting there, oops.

Viper 7 months is excellent.

Thanks for that Tony, all is good. x
Old 02-10-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

All good here I think it’s day 37 not sure I keep losing track
Vipe congrats on the time your doing amazing!!!
Daisy glad you got a good night sleep and feeling rested!!!
Snitch hopefully your feeling better
Erratic thinking of you
Bluesey take care of yourself
Dee hopefully your doing good and life is treating you well
Wishing y’all the best today and thankful for everyone
Old 02-10-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Aggghh just lost my post. V annoying. And I am too tired to retype. All ok here. Will repost tomorrow

xx
Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Just checking in quickly before I go to bed, hope you've all had a good Sunday. I forgot to tell you all, tomorrow evening my grandson and my granddaughter who is also 9 are both singing in a Young Voices concert at the Manchester Arena, can't wait to watch them, I'm so excited. x

Great to see you posting and letting us know all is good Nichole.

How annoying Suze, I do that too every now and then. I look forward to reading your post tomorrow.

You okay Erratic, you're very quiet just lately.

I'm off to bed now so goodnight all, sleep well with lots of love from me. xx
Old 02-10-2019, 10:30 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hola Aprils !

Just wanted to say a quick goodnight to our group ! Thinking of you all and wishing each one of you the sweetest of dreams and a wonderful, sober week ahead !

🙏🏼💕🦋
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post
Hello Aprils,

Just caught up on everyones posts this past week +

I have to say it has been VERY challenging this past 10 days or so. My BF and her daughter were moving to London and her mom came out to help (she lives in Denmark) - Well, her mom is soooo negative and prickly and toxic. She barely helped at all and was watching the telly most of the time. I was in total shock. My BF was literally having a meltdown and I had to step in and help. her daughter who is 7 was also dealing with emotional stuff knowing she would likely never see her school friends again and all the rest of it. It's a monumental change and not easy for anyone let alone a sweet little 7 year old girl.

So here's where things got tricky. I am an empath and have had a tendency to help others to sort their life out and help in whatever way I can - at the expense of my own contentment or happiness. It's a pattern I think at least a few of us have dealt with on this forum. I ended up rearranging work appts (keeping in mind I currently have 3 jobs!!) to help her go through her belongings, pack, clean and was there until the last thing was taken out of her apt and after everything was cleaned. I'm happy to help a friend BUT here's the main issue: My BF is more of a taker and I felt I did the heavy lifting literally and figuratively. Even though I know she was grateful in her way, I didn't like the way she was taking out her stress onto me. Barely responding when I would speak to her, almost ignoring me and just saying 'yup'. Meanwhile she would take breaks to send emojis to her husband and smiling at her phone and then back the stone face while I'm there slaving to help her get her stuff ready on time. I feel she always taken me for granted and theres a part of me that is happy to be move removed from taking on this prominent role in the future. The distance between us now will surely dilute this feeling of obligation to constantly help her. It's insanely stressful to move and even the last night her brother was supposed to take them in and then to the airport but she didn't hear from him so they had no where to go but to MY place. I'm already dealing with my roommate issues (saving that for another time) and they had 7 suitcases and boxes of stuff and it was soooo crazy. Yesterday, the day they were leaving, i helped for hours in the AM and then I had to get to some work appts. I was trying to getting my papers and things and had to move her stuff to get into my cabinet etc and asked her to help me access the area and she seemed ANNOYED!! WTF!!! are you kidding me???? I finally said "You know what, I have to actually take a break from helping YOU all week to work and I don't appreciate the way you are treating me - I know you're stressed but this is not cool". She replied "oh I didn't realize you were getting that vibe from me". Ummmmm, really?????

Then I left and the cab was picking them up from my house in the next hour. I asked her to text me once she got to the airport - but did she?? NOPE - she posted on FB though and I saw an empty bottle of CIDER in my bin - she's supposed to be sober and she obviously is not. The pics she posted on FB from the airport were proof of that too. No, thanks to me, no text to let me know she arrived - she likely wont even text me when she arrives in London. I don't recall who said this (maybe Maya Angelou?): Never make someone a priority when you're only an option to them (something like that!). The fact is, she is so selfish and I really saw clearly just how unbalanced this friendship is and has been for YEARS!! I am a different person now and even though I don't regret helping her, I am now taking a BIG step back. because once she starts having issues with her husband and his family (which happens even on her 10 days trips to London is the past) she is then going to reach out to me (see the pattern here??) and EXPECTING me to be there for her and give her my undivided attention. All I can say is, I refuse to give as much of my precious energy to her. She's no longer a priority. It's sad, but a part of me is thankful that I no longer have to stay in this type of relationship dynamic . I've outgrown it. I've learned from it and very thankful for the lessons <3 . I will only allow it to strengthen me and not deplete anything I have worked so hard to cultivate not only in this past 10 months, but the sum of work I've done over the years - even with the slips in between..

Ok, writing another post now to address y'all individually! xoxoxo
wow! I was actually getting a resentment myself reading this towards your friend lol. However this shows what a kind, caring friend you are Blusey. You really put yourself out to help her but unfortunately it sounds like she took advantage of your good nature. What a shame. She will be the loser here. In sobriety I am learning to still be helpful to others but not be a walkover. I mean, it is taking time and practice but I have had a couple of situations where I have had to put boundaries in place and it feels really good. Yes, I believe we are given these situations to learn more and become stronger. And it's great that we can share these things here!
Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post

Suze, I'm not using social media except for work now. I have taken a sojourn and I'm much happier and more productive but I will let you know if I decide to go back on FB. . sorry to hear about the issues with your neighbors - sounds like a lot of crazy drama and a darn good reminder how alcohol just destroys everything in its path... Oh, and I'm watching the Ted Bundy tapes too. He was so insane but intelligent, no wonder he got away with it for so long. Really fascinating. Have you watched 'Three Identical Strangers'? I recommend that to everyone -theres so much about nature vs nurture and I havent been able to stop thinking about it !! Have a good weekend!!

<3
Yes the Bundy takes are actually really chilling. Such a psycho but hidden beneath charm, intelligence and good looks. Really frightening.

I haven't watched Three Identical Strangers but have seen it on there I will watch next! Sounds fascinating!

Have a great sober week too. 😊🙏💝
Old 02-10-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
I just did the official count. 209 today. So I was giving myself a little extra. 7 months though. Not bad.
Not bad?????? It's fantastical!!!!! So proud of you Vipe!!!!!! 🐍🙌🐍🙌🐍🙌🐍🙌🐍🙌🐍🙌
Old 02-10-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post

I’m in the Jan 2019 group Viper. My last drink was NYE.
Well done Tony! Keep going. It gets better and better it really does. I do not regret putting down the drink for good (one day at a time for me) and I don't miss it! I don't want my old life back for anything. Now I have fully accepted I am an alcoholic and i cannot and will not ever be able to drink moderately or safely it just takes it completely off the table and opens up so many more possibities. Best of luck to you and keep popping back in. I get sick of just this lot! 😉🤣☺
Old 02-10-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
All good here I think it’s day 37 not sure I keep losing track
Well done Nichole that really is an amazing achievement. I was thinking about you over the weekend. Did you go out in the end? Well you are sober and that's the important thing . X x x
Old 02-10-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Morning all,

AWww Daisy. I really feel for you with the situation with your son and grandson. But as we know we are powerless over other people and their behaviours. I saw something yesterday that made me smile, it said if you think you can change someone else, remember how hard it is to change yourself!! . So true! You are doing your best for him being a stable rock in his life, a sober, loving, present nanny. Take it day by day. Always come and share here. It's good to be able to get things off your chest. What does your husband say about it?

That's lovely about your other two grandchildren! Are you going to watch them? I can't go back and look at your original post now or I will lose this one!! If so, have a lovely time and I hope to see some photos on FB!!

Hey Erratic come and post!!!

I am good. Got over my bug or food poisoning whatever it was. I had a lovely weekend with my family. My little neice is 1 and a half now and she used to shy away from me but is gettimg more used to me now and I was playing with her loads and making her laugh and she actually wanted to cuddle me. So sweet. My brother and sister were round and both hungover and I felt really good and fresh and alert! Ahhh the joys of being sober!

I went to my meeting. So what happened with this guy.,,,,Well he added me as a friend on fb and I saw we had a mutual friend in common. A girl I used to work with on the ground. Anyway after he had been messaging me for a while, I messaged her and asked how she knew him and she said from Gatwick and also he lives near her and apparently he had asked her out lots of times. Anyway a week later he had blocked me. And she messged me to tell me he had been messaging her again and flirting (same as me) and she told him to leave her alone and that he had been bothering me too. Apparently he also has some court case going on over a sexual harassment case at work. Eek. So he blocked both of us. Sounds like a bit of a sex pest maybe? Annyway I saw him on Saturday and he just ignored me! So that is that. His problem not mine. Ì Haha. The most excitement I have to report.

Got to get ready for school run now. Catch you all later x
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope you're all good and well. I'm just home having a coffee after doing the school run and mum run etc. It's a beautiful sunny morning, cold but crisp, I can cope with that.
I'm looking forward to the concert at Manchester Arena tonight but it will be a late night so I may not post later, I'll see how it goes.

Hi Bluesey , I hope you had a restful sleep and I hope you have a wonderful sober week ahead too. Take care. xxxx

Morning Suze and thanks, I like that saying, ' If you think you can change someone else, think how hard it is to change yourself' that is so true, I'm still trying to change myself to be a better person. I'm not stressing over my son at the moment, I've heard it all before and whatever he does he never stick at it, it's the effect it all has on my grandson that bothers me. I can't change my son, only he can do that and he doesn't want to, he sees nothing wrong in his behaviour so all I can do is take each day as it comes and make the best of what I have. My husband is appalled at the way he treats and speaks to me, he can't believe it though he should be used to it by now, it never fails to shock him, as my son is not his son I don't tell him everything any more as it really stresses him out and makes him very angry. The last thing I want is a family fight, I don't need it, my son is a 100% narcissist, he won't change, he is never wrong and has never done anything wrong in his eyes. One of the worst things about him is his compulsive lying, he makes up the most elaborate stories about the most trivial things, honestly it's that bad that if he told me it was raining I would have to look out the window to check. Anyway, that's what cocaine does to you, it's addled his brain. Such a waste, he was so clever.
Yes I'm going to watch my grandchildren with my mum and my daughter, can't wait, it's at the Manchester Arena where the Ariana Grande bombing took place last year. Security will be red hot. I hope I can get some pics and video's. It's going to be a very late night for the children, they are going to be a nightmare tomorrow though we have been told they can go in school a bit later.
Trust you to go and get a sex pest mithering you lol, keep well away, I'm glad he ignored you, it saves you the job of telling him to go away.
Hope you have a good Monday. xxx

That's it for now, if I'm not here later I'll be back tomorrow. Much love to you all. xxx

Thought for the day....." When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness."
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Just saying hi x just trying to sort myself out so just still hanging about x
Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

My dear, dear April family I just want to say how much you mean to me I definitely have trust issues and this class is the only class since my December class of 2 years ago I trust but I screwed up and decided to drink yesterday after a fight with the spouse and it’s my 2nd day binge and I hate it.... it’s not worth it and I’m miserable and waiting to go back in time and change everything but unfortunately that’s not how life works I need to find my myself again and start over I just want to say thank you for your support and your truly amazing I wish for great things in your life because you deserve it until next time take care of yourself and thank you for being here for me
Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nichole

I think this would be a great time to prove to yourself that you don't need to go off on a binge - you can stop again, because you want to live a different way.

I daresay every one of us has drank 'at someone' at some time or another but it doesn't do anything to them or bring change to our relationship - it just hurt us.

I hope you'll put the drink down and start again Nichole.

D
Old 02-12-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Erratic

are you having troubles stopping drinking too?

D
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hey all... quick check in for me before the school stuff starts ...

AWwww Nichole. Big big hugs to you. Can you stop now instead of continuing the binge like Dee says? It isn't going to solve anything only make things worse. I have had to learn new coping mechanisms to deal with stuff I would normally have drank over. Please don't disappear though. Stay with us ok? X.x

Yes Erratic I was worried about your last comment. Are you ok? Do you want to share? Maybe we can help?

I have a sugar hangover this morning. Ugh. Slipped back into binging on chocolate the last couple of evenings and it makes me feel awful. I have been experiencing some anxiety. Not really sure what over. My feelings are so up and down. I had probably a week of feeling amazing and then bam out the blue anxious and unsure. But I know it will pass and binge eating isn't going to help!

I am off to work this evening. Am going to South America. It's a long flight, it checks in late and it's not my favourite destination in the world. I haven't been for years, I don't know which hotel we stay in any more, what the location is or what's around the hotel. Ugh I am dreading it and really don't want to go. Haha there you go think I have just found out the cause of my anxiety!!! But there is no getting out of it. I have to go with an open mind, change my thoughts around it. But deep down I just have a feeling of dread. I am sure it will all be fine. It's the thought rather than the reality that is worse usually.

Last night I had a drinking dream. I drank red wine. One glass on 2 occasions. And didn't drink anymore. Oh so THAT is what it is like to be a "nornal" drinker 🤣🤣 Thank Goodness I know with certainty that that would never be the case in real life.

Actually I have also just realised some anxiety may be to do with the fact I have been bumping into people with links to my ex friends from the past and that I am seeing a friend next week who is mutually friends with my old friends. That could be part of it too. I will write more about that later, got to get up now and I am shattered ugh!

xx