Sweet dreams!
Same to you Red
Old 06-12-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

FOOD!
Preburns- I was 126kg
post- 74
now 95
VERY labile weight. I thik too much about eating- and do eat a lot at night...perhaps boredom, stress- whatever. but think about the following folks.. I do overeat at times, but I
- do not blackout
- wake up feeling overwhelming shame that I have hurt others by being drunk
- hide empty alcohol containers
- say or do inappropriate things like make horrible telephone calls or emails
- have terrible mood swings- on top of a hangover.
My pattern of eating does need sorting- BUT it is far, far better than my drinking. I am a newborn with emotions. I have enough brains- and thus can logically reason what behaviour I need to change...BUT my emotions are still are, in reality immature.
We need time, patience and allowing myself to chill- the more I obsess about food- the more it gets eaten.
So perhaps what I need to do- is work on a PLAN of stuff for food...but not to blow it out of proprtion..and with support..
SO folks even writing this- I think I will get some help for this- GP first, then see.
My point is- alcoholism is a terrible, hellish and lonely disease. We do not recover overnight.
You are all good people, struggling with today- while wrestling with the past and hoping for the future.
Be gentle with yourselves.

Thus endeth the lesson.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Night night Neoo

It just struck me tonight at aquafit that I may actually class as one of your old ladies!
Note to self - must get roots coloured asap....

PS....have never dyed my hair....it is half brown and half white now....
Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

PJ....always.....thank you and love you. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YCDT2 View Post
Totally unrelated to the alcohol in my house, but I drank one of those tiny bottles of champagne they hand out at weddings due to an argument with my mother.

Damn.
Hey YCDT2, sorry to hear about the argument with your mum. I know you've had lots of superb advice but I wanted to respond to you because I've just spent the last 3 hours learning about anger at my mindfulness course. Anger was always my number 1 trigger and so I was keen to learn as much about it as possible. I found this info quite interesting. ....

Anger has a purpose. It alerts us to the fact that something isn't right.... a boundary has been crossed. But anger doesn't appear in isolation - it's covering other 'softer' emotions such as fear, hurt, sadness, frustration, panic, humiliation, irritation etc. And these softer emotions have arisen because one of our needs isn't being met. We all have emotional needs. ... eg to be loved... respected... heard...valued...accepted...treated fairly etc.

When we react in anger to the person who is not meeting our emotional need, that person will become defensive. The irony of anger is that no matter how angry we become. .. we will never address the source of our anger and get our needs met. Instead, we will become more and more angry which can result in unhelpful behaviours and if the anger hangs around long enough it turns into resentment and bitterness .... more triggers.

To release the anger we need to notice when we're angry and then explore the anger before reacting. What's causing the anger? Are we frightened? Irritated? Disappointed? Do we have a need for respect? Do we need to feel heard? Accepted? Loved? Once we identify the true source of anger, it can become much easier to handle. We can explain how we're feeling in a non-confrontational way. The other person may not want to listen and that's OK. We got no control over other people. The crucial thing is that by identifying the real reason we're angry we can comfort ourselves and let the anger go. Thus breaking the anger/trigger/regret/shame/anger/trigger cycle.

I just learnt all this tonight so I need to go and put it all into practise. Good thing about this world is that we never need to wait very long until someone makes us angry! So I reckon I can start practising what I learnt very soon. And that's why I wanted to post this. People are always going to push our buttons and make us angry .... so if anger is a trigger, it's helpful to try to learn how to better manage that anger.

Hope everyone is OK. I'm up very late and need to go to bed but wanted to ask for my next 24 hours before I fall asleep. And Jo, let me know if you want me to meet you for a coffee when you're in London. I won't want to intrude on your family time but I can come and say hello and point out Big Ben and ..... yeah, that's probably my level of expertise. Love to everyone xxxx
Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Ive talked to him many many times about it, and he says he understands at the time of the conversation. His dad is a very very bad alcoholic though, and I think he compares. Alcohol has not ruined my life yet, but it has ruined his parents life.

But, why let it ruin you? Why let it get to that point? He doesnt see a problem unless its like that...
We can never forget that it is a progressive disease. Why play around with fire?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Nite beautiful kent....thank you for sharing that honey. xx ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
As Suze said, make this a tiny blip on your radar screen.

Shore up the holes in your plan by thinking about and then I,plebe ting alternate coping skills tp deal with arguments, stress, etc.

We never carry too many tools in our sober tool box.

Stay close.
We just can't pick up the first drink. Period. It has ramifications. Some of us won't get a second chance. I'm lucky I survived as long as I did. I got sober later in life, too. I don't have another drunk in me. We never know when that last drink will kill.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Well....as you just said love, I do....the next one might well kill me....might/will....not a risk I am willing to take. So there is no next one. And hello. Massive hugs for you. ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I stole it from my moms cabinet on the way out, mid-argument...
****. I did drink it, but I stopped and dont plan on anymore. I called her up and we talked and worked it out.

****. Now I have to start day 1 again, I almost feel like going all out, since I have to start again anyway....but I wont. I can't believe how fast my emotions flared up and went to drinking. Its like my go-to.
Our drinking is only a symptom.

Glad you're back.

Make your day count.

(((YCDT)))
Old 06-12-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Noooo ice cream is my #2 I think. I cant even fathom letting ice cream go. But...one problem at a time...
Absolutely.

Glad you're back.

Stay strong. Talk to your husband when he gets home.

Sending love...………….
Old 06-12-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi Suze, Love.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Old 06-12-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Time to call it a day.

Dog tired.

Sending out prayers for everyone.

Special prayers right now for you YCDT.

Ooops, 24 more please, Dear God.

Sweet Sober Dreams, Dear Ones.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

(You are reading from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day)

A.A. Thought for the Day

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day

I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it, God cannot give me His power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.

(From Twenty-Four Hours a Day © 1975 by Hazelden Foundation. PO Box 176, Center City, MN 55012)
Old 06-12-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi Suze. Please can you count this as Wednesdays sign in ? - I'm on nights, it's 2am and I'm already exhausted, so will probably forget to sign in the morning when I get home Thanks love Xx 24 more for me - hugs to all Xx
Old 06-12-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
Hi Suze. Please can you count this as Wednesdays sign in ? - I'm on nights, it's 2am and I'm already exhausted, so will probably forget to sign in the morning when I get home Thanks love Xx 24 more for me - hugs to all Xx
Of course love.
Take care honey.....night shift is hard. ♥♥
Old 06-12-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
cornpone
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tomls
turniptheheat
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

June 13, 2018

Plenny ~ 1 week!
abcowboy ~ 3 years & 5 months!

Old 06-12-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

6:44 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Congratulations Milestoners!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Its technically past my witching hour and I didn't drink today but I am so tired. Waking up at 2 am and not being able to get back to sleep is not fun.